Texas Gyms

Nito Cogin

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Are any of you in Texas. I have a friend headed there and they are locked down here again.

He has been googling and not finding results. 24 hour and other websites are timing out.

Texans tell us what it is like for you now.

Spike Baltar

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
What Texas gyms are the best to go to? To use showers and the rest when it opens
Thats such a vague question. The culture and facilities at each gym varies wildly from one location to another-even in the same chain and city. You'll have to be more specific.

Spike Baltar

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Are people wearing masks and social distancing at the gyms there? Like, are they distancing in the locker rooms and showers too?
I've found it depends on location/gym culture. At the one I'm regularly going to, largely yes. By default the number of people using the locker rooms results in physical distancing. Many times I am the only one in the locker room at all. In the gym, I exercise a couple machines away from anyone else and only around people correctly wearing appropriate masking. I am constantly looking at people's masks and making a danger level calculation in all public settings at this point-its become automatic (type of mask-type of material-correctly worn?) and give wide berths to people I don't want to be near. This means not going down certain aisles in stores, etc. and limiting my total time inside.

Reactions: BussyPhilipps

shrevela

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Are people wearing masks and social distancing at the gyms there? Like, are they distancing in the locker rooms and showers too?
I go to the gym in the dfw area. People wear the mask at the gym but very few wear it correctly. The cardio room upstairs no one wears a mask. Some of the lockers are blocked off so it's distancing by default. I don't go in the shower area so I can't comment.

Reactions: leonceswim

BussyPhilipps

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I go to the gym in the dfw area. People wear the mask at the gym but very few wear it correctly. The cardio room upstairs no one wears a mask. Some of the lockers are blocked off so it's distancing by default. I don't go in the shower area so I can't comment.
They should close the gyms if people aren’t being responsible and correctly following the rules/science.

Reactions: Dave NoCal

WilliamG

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The hospitals are filling up fast. Many are full now... No maybe nothing to do with the OP's question. But just throwing it out there. Here in LA, I've slowed my mt bike rides to easy fireroads. Why? I don't want to end up in an ER with no staff.

Spike Baltar

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
The hospitals are filling up fast. Many are full now... No maybe nothing to do with the OP's question. But just throwing it out there. Here in LA, I've slowed my mt bike rides to easy fireroads. Why? I don't want to end up in an ER with no staff.
100% this. Be careful out there and don't take unnecessary chances. This includes handling/using fireworks as we approach New Years...

shrevela

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why? Gyms aren’t essential, and if the clientele isn’t being responsible and safety measures aren’t being enforced, then the government needs to do something.
Are liquor stores essential? In my opinion they're not but they're open. There's not a lot of people working out so by default social distancing is going on at the gym. If there's no one in the cardio room or if there's one person in the weight room then no I'm not going to wear a mask correctly. If you want to say that I'm being irresponsible then we will have to agree to disagree.

BussyPhilipps

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Are liquor stores essential? In my opinion they're not but they're open. There's not a lot of people working out so by default social distancing is going on at the gym. If there's no one in the cardio room or if there's one person in the weight room then no I'm not going to wear a mask correctly. If you want to say that I'm being irresponsible then we will have to agree to disagree.
You said no one wears a mask in the cardio room tho

Reactions: Dave NoCal

BussyPhilipps

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Dude. Every other machine is blocked off.
You should have said that in your original comment then. However, the virus hovers in the air when indoors if there isn’t proper ventilation, so having every other machine blocked off is far from foolproof. It might even be meaningless.

shrevela

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Of course it's meaningless. The gym only does it because it's what the government has told them to do to remain open. We must have great ventilation or what you are saying is incorrect. The gym has been open since April 15 and I go there and see the same faces daily.