The fanatical mindset of the religious right

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In the interests of full-disclosure, I once accompanied my older Ohio relatives to a Sunday dinner at Cathedral Buffett. They had lamented the closure of other similar northeast Ohio eateries like Belden Buffet, leaving this place as their only option. For those who've never experienced an all-you-can-eat buffet outside of Las Vegas, it's eye-opening.

They advised me to wear my Sunday best as-if I were taking my wife out to a Ruth's Chris steakhouse. Second, I should not crack any derogatory religious jokes. So with that in mind I assumed a serene, vacant, blissful expression throughout the meal as-if I were playing a role in the original Star Trek episode "Return of the Archons." "Pease, joy and tranquility to you. Landru sees all." The food wasn't bad either, but I've never seen so many rural Ohioans who looked like Mama June and Honey Boo Boo in my life.

A little Ernest goes a long way:

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In the interests of full-disclosure, I once accompanied my older Ohio relatives to a Sunday dinner at Cathedral Buffett. They had lamented the closure of other similar northeast Ohio eateries like Belden Buffet, leaving this place as their only option. For those who've never experienced an all-you-can-eat buffet outside of Las Vegas, it's eye-opening.

They advised me to wear my Sunday best as-if I were taking my wife out to a Ruth's Chris steakhouse. Second, I should not crack any derogatory religious jokes. So with that in mind I assumed a serene, vacant, blissful expression throughout the meal as-if I were playing a role in the original Star Trek episode "Return of the Archons." "Pease, joy and tranquility to you. Landru sees all." The food wasn't bad either, but I've never seen so many rural Ohioans who looked like Mama June and Honey Boo Boo in my life.

A little Ernest goes a long way:

How can anyone claim to be sane and yet embrace, and give their money to brazen charlatans like this?

A/B

Media
Last edited:

LQC

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
There needs to be a thread about the fanatical mindset of the Woke Progressive Liberal Left. I live in New York City and I am living under the dictates of a Woke Progressive Liberal Dictatorship. Or worse, the Woke Theocracy, which brooks no dissent, and polices everybody’s speech. And before you call me a Trumpist, or a Fox News Watcher, I am neither. It’s just that, as a registered Independent, I find the Radical Woke Progressive Liberal Left and the Republican Right EQUALLY REPULSIVE.

Reactions: Hakan1

zinderel

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There needs to be a thread about the fanatical mindset of the Woke Progressive Liberal Left. I live in New York City and I am living under the dictates of a Woke Progressive Liberal Dictatorship. Or worse, the Woke Theocracy, which brooks no dissent, and polices everybody’s speech. And before you call me a Trumpist, or a Fox News Watcher, I am neither. It’s just that, as a registered Independent, I find the Radical Woke Progressive Liberal Left and the Republican Right EQUALLY REPULSIVE.
*Eyeroll*

Then....start one?

Just be sure to provide proof, and bring receipts, as is done here.

zinderel

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You ask too much.
I know. I keep expecting personal responsibility from the party of personal responsibility. I keep forgetting that personal responsibility only applies to poors, queers, 'coloreds' and 'bitches', not cishet, white, 'Christian' males with money.

LQC

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I know. I keep expecting personal responsibility from the party of personal responsibility. I keep forgetting that personal responsibility only applies to poors, queers, 'coloreds' and 'bitches', not cishet, white, 'Christian' males with money.

Who are you talking about? I said I was an Independent. Just because I find the Woke Progressive Liberal Left as repulsive as the Republican Right, you assume without reading. Typical Woke Progressive Liberal Left thought patterns though….Fanatical Woke Progressive Liberal Left Theocracy/Dictatorship.

zinderel

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Who are you talking about? I said I was an Independent. Just because I find the Woke Progressive Liberal Left as repulsive as the Republican Right, you assume without reading. Typical Woke Progressive Liberal Left thought patterns though….Fanatical Woke Progressive Liberal Left Theocracy/Dictatorship.
BlahblahblahRightWingTalkingpointsblahblahblahTrumpLevelInsultsblahblahblahAltRightBuzzwordsblahblahblah...

Try again when you have something original to say.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response

That must really be horrible for you, being able to live in one of the most progressive and expensive cities in the world. I shall pray for your well-being.

:worried:.

Reactions: zinderel

LQC

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That must really be horrible for you, being able to live in one of the most progressive and expensive cities in the world. I shall pray for your well-being.

:worried:.

Not everybody who lives in NYC is wealthy. And the “progressivism” is killing the city. Bill de Blasio is one of the worst mayors this city has ever had.

kronos

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Tbf lots of things can be a form of religion. There are some pretty devout and fanatical members of the new atheist movement, even lol. People can be fanatical about pop culture. One of the cruelest (and admittedly funny) ironies is how a band like Tool which prides itself so much on being creative, progressive and anti-religion has the most religiously, meatheaded knuckle-dragging fanbases in all of music. Or how Fight Club was intended to be a call to action against a form of creeping proto-incel misogyny rising in the 90's but ended up being misunderstood and co-opted by the very types of men the film was satirizing.

To some extent I almost feel bad for a lot of conservative christians. Even though the internet is often a shithole that attracts anti-social personalities, it's never been easier to disabuse yourself of ignorance. Whether it's educational streams on twitch, masterclasses, youtube tutorials, e-books, online publications, and even access to peer-reviewed documents that were previously only made available in college, nobody really has an excuse to be dumb or brainwashed now.

But back then? Self-help groups and churches were your best and often your only options if you couldn't afford an education. Which makes those who have recently become radicalized all the more extreme - you have plenty of info to disabuse you of bad ideas now, so what does it say about those who are still zealots, bigots, etc? There are lots of spiritual or even religious people, though not usually conservative, and they don't have that problem. Meanwhile plenty of cults are popping up that sing to the tune to so-called rational minds the likes of internet famous grifters like Jordan Peterson, Sargon, Sam Harris, etc.

So even though I'm opposed to american conservatives and most of religions and cults like that which were borne in this country, I'm not anti-religion necessarily, depending on the belief, sect, branch, etc. But I'm definitely heavily disillusioned with humanity's ability to detect bullshit if nothing else.

zinderel

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
How has progressivism ruined NYC ? Why is Blasio the worst mayor ?
You're asking for facts. All he has is feelings. You want specific examples and details, all he has is whatever Fox News has to say on the matter. He says he's 'independent', but he spouts canned dialogue from the right wing media verbatim. Don't bother trying to find common ground with him. Some people aren't worth the time.

Nigel Atkinson

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You're asking for facts. All he has is feelings. You want specific examples and details, all he has is whatever Fox News has to say on the matter. He says he's 'independent', but he spouts canned dialogue from the right wing media verbatim. Don't bother trying to find common ground with him. Some people aren't worth the time.

Yeah, I noticed he didn’t respond either.

Reactions: dreamer20

LQC

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

I don’t watch FOX News. And what I say is what *I* believe. I don’t take my cues from anyone but myself. You are the perfect example of the fanatical Liberal tunnel-vision left! You can’t see or comprehend anyone finding the Woke Progressive Liberal Left repulsive being anything other than a Republican, a Trumpist, or a FOX News watcher. You are the epitome of a fanatic. It’s why the Liberal Left repulses me so much.