The purpose of "penis pic posts"

hotbodz8: Though I've seen references to such sites as Ratemyschlong and Ratearod and all their ilk I never really bothered to check them out until the other night, now that I have I have a question. What the hell is the purpose of these sites?

Perhaps I'm being overly critical when I say that it seems like it's a bunch of guys that are so insecure with themselves that they have to take picture of their dick, or even more pathetic steal a picture of someone else's dick off the internet and put their name to it, so a bunch of people with obviously no life to speak of can somehow reassure these guys that their equipment is okay. Not that any of the people commenting are even qualified to say what's a decent dick or not.

At least sites like LPSG serve a purpose in that, according to statistics, only 2% of the population possess anything 8 inches or over. All of us who really are 8" and over know that while being well endowed is nice, and gives you one hell of an ego boost since society elevates well endowed men to almost god status, it also presents certain problems. Problems such as partner mismatches, clothing, jealousy, condom fit etc. Problems that most of us probably had nowhere to turn before LPSG. After all, I think most would agree that you can't exactly go up to your buddies and say "Hey, I'm having such and such a problem because my dick is too big." Most of your buddies wouldn't believe you and even if you proved it to them their response would be along the lines of "with a dick like that what the hell are you complaining about" which wouldn't do nothing to solve your problem. On LPSG you can see how some of the other 2% of the population has handled a problem similar to yours. So that in my mind justifies this site.

But I still can't imagine the usefulness of the penis pic rating sites. If anyone can enlighten me, please do.

Sorry for the long winded post, but I just had to rant. :)

thingsteal: Oh, it's just another variation on Hot Or Not http://www.hotornot.com

As you'll see from my photo I took an old one and just added the words to the pic. Eventually I'll take a "new" one with a proper sign in the background.

It's fun to see the comments.

I wish others posting here would submit a pic!!!

H8Monga: [quote author=hotbodz8 link=board=relationships;num=1053812734;start=0#0 date=05/24/03 at 14:45:34]Though I've seen references to such sites as Ratemyschlong and Ratearod and all their ilk I never really bothered to check them out until the other night, now that I have I have a question. What the hell is the purpose of these sites?

Perhaps I'm being overly critical when I say that it seems like it's a bunch of guys that are so insecure with themselves that they have to take picture  of their dick, or even more pathetic steal a picture of someone else's dick off the internet and put their name to it, so a bunch of people with obviously no life to speak of can somehow reassure these guys that their equipment is okay. Not that any of the people commenting are even qualified to say what's a decent dick or not.

At least sites like LPSG serve a purpose in that, according to statistics, only 2% of the population possess anything 8 inches or over. All of us who really are 8" and over know that while being well endowed is nice, and gives you one hell of an ego boost since society elevates well endowed men to almost god status, it also presents certain problems. Problems such as partner mismatches, clothing, jealousy, condom fit etc. Problems that most of us probably had nowhere to turn before LPSG. After all, I think most would agree that you can't exactly go up to your buddies and say "Hey, I'm having such and such a problem because my dick is too big." Most of your buddies wouldn't believe you and even if you proved it to them their response would be along the lines of "with a dick like that what the hell are you complaining about" which wouldn't do nothing to solve your problem. On LPSG you can see how some of the other 2% of the population has handled a problem similar to yours. So that in my mind justifies this site.

But I still can't imagine the usefulness of the penis pic rating sites. If anyone can enlighten me, please do.

Sorry for the long winded post, but I just had to rant.  :)[/quote]

No problem. You deserve an award for that post! You said a lot, all that goes along with my awareness now.

About the post pic site. It's entertainment. Some of them are just not serious and probably just want to know what people would say or rate. I know half of my friends in the AOL Richmond chat had pics of themselves on hotornot or facethejury just for the hell of it. They could care less about what someone said or voted. Others did it because their friend did it. But those are different kinds of sites, but I am sure some of the same thoughts and actions apply.

Some of the people may actually go there to boost their egos and some my be insecure. All in all, I think it's a factor of fun that make people do it. I respect them because I don't have the guts and too as I had said before, I want to keep track of who sees instead of having my pics whore around the net. If I were to post at one of those sites, it wouldn't be because of an ego or insecurity. Ego, what ego? Insecurity, it can help deter me from doing that among other things.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Good posts, guys.

I'm likened to agree. I never found the point in soliciting my member to those places, either. Seems like those sites attract one of two persuasions: people who really idolize these disembodied body parts of ours or people who like to shoot down others' self-esteem as quickly and as profusely as possible.

I don't deny that I feel into the loop once before. I bought a webcam initially to take some face shots, but later realized that I had a desire to show my dick off. It's strange, and you'll probably laugh, but I eventually scrapped those pictures because they didn't really do my penis any justice. It looked okay, but I could never get in a good enough shot to really highlight its features, so I gave up. And eventually too I lost the novelty for jacking off/displaying it to others through Netmeeting and similar services.

So here I am now, a pretty comfortable guy who's not afraid of his endowment and who will probably show it on request provided that I like who I'm showing it too. I wouldn't do it at a pride festival (not that I would ever attend one of those events) and I wouldn't do it a truck stop and I wouldn't do it for some morbidly scary Peeping Tom (or Tami, whatever), but hey -- get a few beers in me and there goes all the inhibitions.

Cast off in the wind, you see them flutter like those puffy white flowers that spring up among the weeds? Bye bye, inhibitions! Hello, proof and security.

kyle: What you need, Dee, is real time video and one of those car show models a la Vanna White. She could really showcase your penis and perhaps even give a little speech highlighting it's virtues while she's at it! :D

H8Monga: I have found that the formula is... guy + webcam or dogital camera = pics of penis. I know people who also bought theirs just for normal G-rated things and they always end up with "personal pics." I bought mine to be able to add new pics to my page (I have like 200 pics of my face online... call me vain), but then too that idea popped into my head... but I have not taken any new ones in about a year and I don't think there would be any new ones.

Hung11by6

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm not sure what motivates anyone to put a pic of their dick on those sites. I don't think anyone my size needs the affirmation of some stranger.

I am not shy at all about showing my dick if someone wants to see it and I'm into showing it to them. They get to see it soft first and then we can talk about my size when I'm hard after that. I am very comfortable with my size both soft and hard.

I'm sure my big dick brothers show theirs of more than we realize. Just taking a piss in public is an experience for many. Get a drink in me and it seems to grow in my pants so I have to pull it out.

aussiechick63: This is one question I would love an answer to. Why do guys think that women want to look at pics of nothing other than their penises?

You chat to a guy on the net, he sends you a pic and, dammit, its his penis.
I don't know about the other women in here but it just doesn't do it for me. I can't say I get turned on by it in any way.
I like to see a pic of who I'm talking to, makes them less anonymous, but the face, not the endowments.

Anyone enlighten me on this??

DirkDiggler: Perhaps its because its the only part of themselves that they feel happy about.
I have to say that i don't have a detatchable penis and if you want to get to know it you need to get to know me first.
Its got a lot to do with the expectations that if someone has a big dick then they forfill all your hopes and desires,unfortunalty they are just as likely to be a total arsehole as anyone else,just an arsehole with a big dick.