To Revere And Fuck 🥵

Cocky_Philosopher

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Two of the big guns of philosophy are Socrates and Plato.💪 Socrates got the ball rolling challenging everyone to ‘know thyself’.👀 Socrates didn’t write shit down, but luckily, his genius student Plato did (so often we don’t know for sure whose idea was whose).👊 We can still relate to many of their thoughts, but others are really different, especially about sex and love.🤔

Fucking for Ancient Greeks was not something defined by gender like today.👩‍❤️‍👨 Greek binary was more about the penetrator and penetrated, dom and sub. 👉👌 And it had a place in the mentor-student relationship, part of the wisdom passed down, if you know what I mean.😉 It’s titillating to think about what really went on between Socrates and Plato, then Plato and his student Aristotle.🤭 And don’t forget, Aristotle was Alexander the Great’s teacher too.😏

Sex also had strong links to the Greek idea of love.❤️‍🔥 Love to both Socrates and Plato was the joy found in beauty, and for the Ancient Greeks, you couldn’t get more beautiful than a smoking hot stud (have you noticed their statues?).🤤 Self-control was the priority, as love was from the Gods and not of this world.😈 To fall under the sway of beauty was to risk driving yourself mad.😵‍💫 It follows that a lover’s attention is itself divine, whereas only seeking pleasure is vulgar and foolish.😍

So, if you feel shame for wanting to fuck someone, don’t blame Socrates or Plato.🥵 For them, the desire to fuck was perfectly normal.😇 It’s fucking without restraint that is a no-go.🚫 And to have someone adore and want to fuck you is the highest compliment, a literal gift from the Gods. 🙏 Think of that the next time you’re about to say you’ve got a headache. 😊

PXL_20240313_043320280~2.jpg

Any reading recommendations?
Heaps! Get started on something like 'Philosophy for Beginners' by Richard Osbourne which is a fun intro to general philosophy topics, or 'Book of Dead Philosophers' by Simon Critchley for a little more about the philosophers themselves and their lives (context is always good). To jump in the deep end try Bertrand Russell's 'History of Western Philosophy'. If you want to start reading philosophy, then Bertrand Russell did a couple of easy reading books like 'The Conquest of Happiness' or 'Unpopular Essays', and Schopenhauer's 'Essays and Aphorisms' is an enjoyable intro to philosophical ideas.
Or, you can go to my OF where I've written heaps on philosophy and philosophers. 😉

Two of the big guns of philosophy are Socrates and Plato.💪 Socrates got the ball rolling challenging everyone to ‘know thyself’.👀 Socrates didn’t write shit down, but luckily, his genius student Plato did (so often we don’t know for sure whose idea was whose).👊 We can still relate to many of their thoughts, but others are really different, especially about sex and love.🤔

Fucking for Ancient Greeks was not something defined by gender like today.👩‍❤️‍👨 Greek binary was more about the penetrator and penetrated, dom and sub. 👉👌 And it had a place in the mentor-student relationship, part of the wisdom passed down, if you know what I mean.😉 It’s titillating to think about what really went on between Socrates and Plato, then Plato and his student Aristotle.🤭 And don’t forget, Aristotle was Alexander the Great’s teacher too.😏

Sex also had strong links to the Greek idea of love.❤️‍🔥 Love to both Socrates and Plato was the joy found in beauty, and for the Ancient Greeks, you couldn’t get more beautiful than a smoking hot stud (have you noticed their statues?).🤤 Self-control was the priority, as love was from the Gods and not of this world.😈 To fall under the sway of beauty was to risk driving yourself mad.😵‍💫 It follows that a lover’s attention is itself divine, whereas only seeking pleasure is vulgar and foolish.😍

So, if you feel shame for wanting to fuck someone, don’t blame Socrates or Plato.🥵 For them, the desire to fuck was perfectly normal.😇 It’s fucking without restraint that is a no-go.🚫 And to have someone adore and want to fuck you is the highest compliment, a literal gift from the Gods. 🙏 Think of that the next time you’re about to say you’ve got a headache. 😊

View attachment 144438131
And here all along I was blaming Socrates and Plato for my sex life. Didn't everyone?! But mostly, I blame Pythagoras for making me learn math. And if they think someone "adoring" me and wanting to "fuck" me is the "highest compliment," then how do I get those same people to pay me compliments in cash instead? They had no advice on that, did they? No so smart, are they?

View attachment 144438131
Loved it all - especially the big finish. Text wise and pic-wise :)