Trans Women In Main Stream Movies?

Mister2101

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Do you think we are anywhere close to seeing trans women portrayed in main stream movies? Something where she is more than as a sex worker----where she is simply considered a "woman" or perhaps even a leading woman......or love interest of main male actor?

We saw Yasmin Lee in Hangover2 as herself, which I thought was great. But again, she was portrayed as a sex worker. The Crying Game did not utilize a real trans woman. Have things progressed to the point where we could see one or more beautiful, sexy trans women filling the role as a woman in a main stream movie?

Reactions: andigazed

Mister2101

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
OK just checked it out: "Candis was born as Brendan McDaniel in Hawaii. Brendan transitioned to Candis Cayne and became one of the United States' most popular and sought-after transgender actresses."
"Candis can be seen in the hit ABC series Dirty Sexy Money where she plays actor Billy Baldwin's (Patrick) transgender love interest Carmelita. Candis is the first transgender actress to have a recurring role on a prime-time series."

Thanks again Ms BB!!

Don't forget the incredible Jamie Clayton from Sense8 and Designated Survivor and now The L Word: Generation Q. Although she has mostly TV credits to her name, she has done some Film work too.

andigazed

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Do you think we are anywhere close to seeing trans women portrayed in main stream movies? Something where she is more than as a sex worker----where she is simply considered a "woman" or perhaps even a leading woman......or love interest of main male actor?

We saw Yasmin Lee in Hangover2 as herself, which I thought was great. But again, she was portrayed as a sex worker. The Crying Game did not utilize a real trans woman. Have things progressed to the point where we could see one or more beautiful, sexy trans women filling the role as a woman in a main stream movie?
Check out; I think it's a movie called "Q&A", with Timothy Hutton, and then Ving Rhames on BET Christmas movie called "Holiday Heart."

LeftHandLuke

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I was going to mention Sense8 but I saw it above (great show). There's also a trans actress Hunter Schafer in Euphoria on HBO (another good one). Turns out it was her acting debut and I think she did really well. It's listed as a teen drama but it comes off as another good HBO hit. Don't sleep on it. hbz-euphoria-s1e4-1576522118.jpg

andigazed

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

Did you watch that Nick Nolte; Timothy Hutton movie "Q&A"? Also there is a late 90's movie with Karl Urban, Joanna Going, and I believe Martin Henderson called "Heaven". It's a fav, I highly recommend.

Reactions: Mister2101

tinyshark

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
In the 3rd (and last) season of the series American Gods the main antagonist Mr(s) World is very well portrayed by this woman, Dominique Jackson. More interesting than Mr World to me, even if her arms are soooo long LOL.

dominiquecast2.jpg

Mister2101

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
In the 3rd (and last) season of the series American Gods the main antagonist Mr(s) World is very well portrayed by this woman, Dominique Jackson. More interesting than Mr World to me, even if her arms are soooo long LOL.

dominiquecast2.jpg
Thanks. Pretty woman!!

Reactions: tinyshark