Trump/gop smoke and mirrors

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
A thread dedicated to the alternate reality LIES and CON JOBS, perpetrated by Trump and the GOP upon the American PEOPLE. And there are MANY to choose from.

PART I: TRUMP'S "MASSIVE" TAX CUT FOR THE MIDDLE CLASS

Trump sold and got his so called tax break for the middle class passed with the promise that "The middle class will be the biggest beneficiaries." Or so it was in their "alternate reality."

THE TRUTH:

Early Tax Returns Suggest Some Americans Will Get Less Money And Could Owe IRS | NBC Nightly News

Last edited:

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
PART II: TRUMP: "WE WILL PROTECT PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS."

NOT....

When the GOP passed the "Tax Cut" that WASN'T, they also slipped into the bill a proviso that killed the ACA's individual mandate, a vital component of the health care legislation that helped enable insurers to cover pre-existing conditiions.

After which, Trump again stood before the American people and said how they would always protect pre-existing conditions:

Fact check: Trump claims GOP is protecting people with pre-existing conditions. Evidence says otherwise.

Yeah... they'll "protect pre-existing conditions alright." And here's exactly HOW they plan on PROTECTING IT:

Federal judge rules Obamacare unconstitutional | Reuters
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.296f597e1677
Federal judge in Texas rules entire Obama health-care law is unconstitutional - The Washington Post

Last edited:

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
And yet ANOTHER BIG FAT LIE... in a continuing series of MANY....

PART III: TRUMP: MEXICO WILL PAY FOR THE WALL

How many times did he say it?? Well...

Only, according to TRUMP, he never said Mexico will pay for the wall:

Trump border wall: 'Obviously' I never meant Mexico will pay directly

So who exactly WILL pay for it. All of those MIDDLE CLASS AMERICANS who got those big FAT REFUND CHECKS in the mail (wink wink, nod nod) from Trump's "massive TAX CUT." THAT'S who.

(Hey... are ya winning YET???)

Last edited:

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Is there a chance that our present resident in the White House has a clue about all that he pontificates about in his rallies and speeches? It appears to me he finds stuff and throws it all together without having anyone really vet it out.

If I am elected I will... and there he goes spouting what his base thinks they want to hear on a particular day.
In my administration I will... again, there he goes spouting of what he thinks his base want to hear.

There is little he promises that gets done except for getting those alt right judges appointed.

That is all that matters to his base.

1. Proclaim Evengelical Christianity as the state religion of the US.
2. Keep women in check.
3. Do away with the rights of all minorities, gays and lesbians.

After that his base doesn't care what Trump and Putin do or don't do. His base sees Trump as an agent of God sent by God to help bring about the Second Coming of Christ. His base sees nothing else. It's all about the End Times!

If Trump's base can get its three wishes, then the base will pay extra taxes and have a reduced standard of living if necessary. The rich deserve to pay less taxes, because God has favored them. It is God's will for some to live in poverty. It's OK if they have a life from hell. God has ordained it. It is all for the cause.

Trump's base has a totally different world wide view from the rest of America. If you haven't confronted it personally you don't realize just how off centered it is from the rest of the world.

It is a fundamentalist branch of Christianity. It is as dangerous as the fundamentalist branch of Islam. Fundamentalists of all persuasions that I am aware are dangerous.

A look at history and we see that this isn't the first time this rodeo has come through town. And it won't be the last.

These fundamentalist movements have one thing in common. Someone who isn't really like them comes in and becomes their Dear Leader. This Dear Leader often does more damage to his base than he does good. But never fear, the base stands with him come hell or high water.

Meet the US's Dear Leader Donald Trump!

The disconnects this thread points out will continue as long as Our Dear Leader has the power to make it so. The promises made and the goods delivered will continue to be disconnected.

Trump has no intention of following through with his promises unless it later suits him to do so. The difference in what Trump promises and what Trump gives may grow even wider.

We need to get Our Dear Leader Trump on a very short leash! Then defeat him in 2020 with a strong enough Congress to undo the damage that Trump has done to the US and to the world.

Thanks BC for all the sources that you have provided. It will help with some that are on the fence or just don't know. It helps me to be even more convinced that what I believe about Trump is correct.

However. Trump's base will continue to believe in Our Dear Leader Donald Trump to their bitter end.

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Donald Trump has claimed the Democratic Party “cannot legitimately win” the 2020 presidential election, in an angry tweet condemning congressional oversight of his administration.
"The Democrats in Congress yesterday were vicious and totally showed their cards for everyone to see," Mr Trump tweeted on Saturday morning.
"When the Republicans had the Majority they never acted with such hatred and scorn! The Dems are trying to win an election in 2020 that they know they cannot legitimately win!"

The US president's comment, in response to a grilling of his acting attorney general by the House judiciary committee, echoed similar ones he made in 2016 when he threatened to not accept the results of the "rigged" presidential election should he have lost.
Ned Price, a former National Security Council spokesperson and special assistant to President Barack Obama, accused Mr Trump of launching an early bid to sow doubts over the legitimacy of next year's vote.
"The first two sentences are laughable. The third is frightening—especially the use of the adverb “legitimately”, he tweeted.
"He’s setting the stage, months in advance, to be able to say the 2020 election was stolen", the comment signalled "serious national security concerns".
"If the strategy is to sow chaos by convincing the public a particular 2020 outcome will be 'illegitimate', then POTUS will be doing the Kremlin’s work for them." It’s fair to start asking whether Trump would cede power peacefully."
Many think he will have to be prized from the White House if he loses in 2020 - regrettably he has as his champions so many disgraced thieving dictators as friends to set him an example - but winning in 2020 is even more frightening as he will claim to have a mandate as a lifelong president.

Reactions: Freddie53 and b.c.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Is there a chance that our present resident in the White House has a clue about all that he pontificates about in his rallies and speeches? It appears to me he finds stuff and throws it all together without having anyone really vet it out.

If I am elected I will... and there he goes spouting what his base thinks they want to hear on a particular day.
In my administration I will... again, there he goes spouting of what he thinks his base want to hear.

There is little he promises that gets done except for getting those alt right judges appointed.

That is all that matters to his base.

1. Proclaim Evengelical Christianity as the state religion of the US.
2. Keep women in check.
3. Do away with the rights of all minorities, gays and lesbians.

After that his base doesn't care what Trump and Putin do or don't do. His base sees Trump as an agent of God sent by God to help bring about the Second Coming of Christ. His base sees nothing else. It's all about the End Times!

If Trump's base can get its three wishes, then the base will pay extra taxes and have a reduced standard of living if necessary. The rich deserve to pay less taxes, because God has favored them. It is God's will for some to live in poverty. It's OK if they have a life from hell. God has ordained it. It is all for the cause.

Trump's base has a totally different world wide view from the rest of America. If you haven't confronted it personally you don't realize just how off centered it is from the rest of the world.

It is a fundamentalist branch of Christianity. It is as dangerous as the fundamentalist branch of Islam. Fundamentalists of all persuasions that I am aware are dangerous.

A look at history and we see that this isn't the first time this rodeo has come through town. And it won't be the last.

These fundamentalist movements have one thing in common. Someone who isn't really like them comes in and becomes their Dear Leader. This Dear Leader often does more damage to his base than he does good. But never fear, the base stands with him come hell or high water.

Meet the US's Dear Leader Donald Trump!

The disconnects this thread points out will continue as long as Our Dear Leader has the power to make it so. The promises made and the goods delivered will continue to be disconnected.

Trump has no intention of following through with his promises unless it later suits him to do so. The difference in what Trump promises and what Trump gives may grow even wider.

We need to get Our Dear Leader Trump on a very short leash! Then defeat him in 2020 with a strong enough Congress to undo the damage that Trump has done to the US and to the world.

Thanks BC for all the sources that you have provided. It will help with some that are on the fence or just don't know. It helps me to be even more convinced that what I believe about Trump is correct.

However. Trump's base will continue to believe in Our Dear Leader Donald Trump to their bitter end.

And thank YOU, Freddie, for sharing with US, your knowledge, honesty, insight, and integrity. Indeed, thanks to all who've come to this forum, to express their thoughts, ideas, concerns, and OPPOSITION, to the selfish, retrogressive, narrow-minded, hate based EVILS that threaten us all.

Reactions: deleted15807

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Donald Trump has claimed the Democratic Party “cannot legitimately win” the 2020 presidential election, in an angry tweet condemning congressional oversight of his administration.
"The Democrats in Congress yesterday were vicious and totally showed their cards for everyone to see," Mr Trump tweeted on Saturday morning.
"When the Republicans had the Majority they never acted with such hatred and scorn! The Dems are trying to win an election in 2020 that they know they cannot legitimately win!"

The US president's comment, in response to a grilling of his acting attorney general by the House judiciary committee, echoed similar ones he made in 2016 when he threatened to not accept the results of the "rigged" presidential election should he have lost.
Ned Price, a former National Security Council spokesperson and special assistant to President Barack Obama, accused Mr Trump of launching an early bid to sow doubts over the legitimacy of next year's vote.
"The first two sentences are laughable. The third is frightening—especially the use of the adverb “legitimately”, he tweeted.
"He’s setting the stage, months in advance, to be able to say the 2020 election was stolen", the comment signalled "serious national security concerns".
"If the strategy is to sow chaos by convincing the public a particular 2020 outcome will be 'illegitimate', then POTUS will be doing the Kremlin’s work for them." It’s fair to start asking whether Trump would cede power peacefully."
Many think he will have to be prized from the White House if he loses in 2020 - regrettably he has as his champions so many disgraced thieving dictators as friends to set him an example - but winning in 2020 is even more frightening as he will claim to have a mandate as a lifelong president.

And several here, including myself, have already said the same in various posts.

He's already testing the extent of "executive privilege" and the powers of the office he OCCUPIES via various end arounds the rule of law, temporary "acting" appointments to cabinet positions and agency heads, his challenges to America's military leadership and intelligence agencies, his dismissals of those who don't kowtow to his every wish, his intimidation and threatening of witnesses and whistle blowers, his undermining of investigations, his creation of "crises" under the auspices of "emergency actions" and his branding of ANY media that disagrees with him as "the enemy of the people"...

ALL of it, the makings of an authoritarian, dictator wannabe... ALL signs that this guy won't go easily OR peacefully.

Reactions: Freddie53

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
And thank YOU, Freddie, for sharing with US, your knowledge, honesty, insight, and integrity. Indeed, thanks to all who've come to this forum, to express their thoughts, ideas, concerns, and OPPOSITION, to the selfish, retrogressive, narrow-minded, hate based EVILS that threaten us all.
Thanks B C! You have also showed your knowledge, honesty, insight and integrity here, not just in this thread but all across the LPSG Estates now and for several years.

We do have a history here and it is good.:)

Reactions: b.c.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
And several here, including myself, have already said the same in various posts.

He's already testing the extent of "executive privilege" and the powers of the office he OCCUPIES via various end arounds the rule of law, temporary "acting" appointments to cabinet positions and agency heads, his challenges to America's military leadership and intelligence agencies, his dismissals of those who don't kowtow to his every wish, his intimidation and threatening of witnesses and whistle blowers, his undermining of investigations, his creation of "crises" under the auspices of "emergency actions" and his branding of ANY media that disagrees with him as "the enemy of the people"...

ALL of it, the makings of an authoritarian, dictator wannabe... ALL signs that this guy won't go easily OR peacefully.
I so wish you were wrong, very wrong. But, sadly, you aren't. All signs point to Trump being the first US president that does not go quietly as the nation views what is suppose to be another peaceful transfer of power. It is not looking good at all that this will happen. My hope is that the Joint Chiefs of Staff will have enough backbone to scare Trump away from doing what Trump would do if he could get away with it, that is preside over the death of the American Republic.

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
All signs point to Trump being the first US president that does not go quietly as the nation views what is suppose to be another peaceful transfer of power. It is not looking good at all that this will happen. My hope is that the Joint Chiefs of Staff will have enough backbone to scare Trump away from doing what Trump would do if he could get away with it, that is preside over the death of the American Republic.
Really, Freddie.
I despise Trump, but I can't see any reason to believe this scenario is other than a paranoid fantasy.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Really, Freddie.
I despise Trump, but I can't see any reason to believe this scenario is other than a paranoid fantasy.
In his response, Freddie said he hoped I was very wrong on this. And the absolute truth of it is, so do I.

This is one occasion in which I would LOVE to be proven WAY off base with my SUSPICIONS. That the man would at least have respect for the integrity of the office, jurisprudence, and the rule of law.

However one cannot ignore his actions to date, nor the fact that he was preparing his constituency for a November 16 loss by claiming in advance that the system was rigged against him. Nor can one forget his more recent "suggestion" to that SAME constituency of "rioting" should he be impeached.

So yeah... a "paranoid fantasy"... we HOPE.

D

deleted15807

PICTURE OF MAN IN THE PEAK OF HIS PROWESS, HEALTH AND MENTAL CAPABILITIES.
View attachment 1525337
obese?
and why no mention yet from the chubby feller about his health check - or maybe he really is a Russian Robot!

President Trump underwent his annual medical exam Friday, and while we don’t know the details of the 72-year-old president’s health yet, his doctor appears to have contracted a highly contagious disease that has afflicted all of Trump’s recent doctors.

Trumpitis.

Philip Bump first coined that term back when Harold Bornstein was issuing completely unserious reviews of the then-presidential candidate’s health. Bornstein at the time stated Trump would be the healthiest president ever elected, despite also being the oldest. After Trump was elected, White House doctor Ronny L. Jackson appeared to come down with a case when he declared Trump had “incredible genes” and (seemingly joked) that he could live to be 200 years old with a better diet and exercise. He also happened to put Trump exactly one pound shy of being considered “obese” and said Trump didn’t have heart disease even though the data suggested he might.

And now we have Sean Conley.

In a brief letter released Friday by the White House, Conley promised fuller results to come, but he wanted to make something clear right away.

“While the reports and recommendations are being finalized, I am happy to announce that the President of the United States is in very good health and I anticipate he will remain so for the duration of his Presidency, and beyond,” the memo from Conley states.

“That speculation is both unnecessary and smacks of politically rosy glasses skewing age and weight and diet,” Arthur R. Caplan, an expert on medical ethics at New York University, said of Conley’s prediction. “We need to know is Trump capable of the office now — not in his second term.”

Yet another Trump doctor has contracted Trumpitis
You don't have to be a medical doctor to see the guy is a physical wreck. He's obese, stews in constant anger, habitually bakes in a tanning bed, vacuums up red meat and fast food, never exercises. What kind of doctor would assert such a man, in his 70's, will be alive next week, let alone in two or six years?

keenobserver

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
President Trump underwent his annual medical exam Friday, and while we don’t know the details of the 72-year-old president’s health yet, his doctor appears to have contracted a highly contagious disease that has afflicted all of Trump’s recent doctors.

Trumpitis.

Philip Bump first coined that term back when Harold Bornstein was issuing completely unserious reviews of the then-presidential candidate’s health. Bornstein at the time stated Trump would be the healthiest president ever elected, despite also being the oldest. After Trump was elected, White House doctor Ronny L. Jackson appeared to come down with a case when he declared Trump had “incredible genes” and (seemingly joked) that he could live to be 200 years old with a better diet and exercise. He also happened to put Trump exactly one pound shy of being considered “obese” and said Trump didn’t have heart disease even though the data suggested he might.

And now we have Sean Conley.

In a brief letter released Friday by the White House, Conley promised fuller results to come, but he wanted to make something clear right away.

“While the reports and recommendations are being finalized, I am happy to announce that the President of the United States is in very good health and I anticipate he will remain so for the duration of his Presidency, and beyond,” the memo from Conley states.

“That speculation is both unnecessary and smacks of politically rosy glasses skewing age and weight and diet,” Arthur R. Caplan, an expert on medical ethics at New York University, said of Conley’s prediction. “We need to know is Trump capable of the office now — not in his second term.”

Yet another Trump doctor has contracted Trumpitis
You don't have to be a medical doctor to see the guy is a physical wreck. He's obese, stews in constant anger, habitually bakes in a tanning bed, vacuums up red meat and fast food, never exercises. What kind of doctor would assert such a man, in his 70's, will be alive next week, let alone in two or six years?

From what I have been reading Trump's latest doctor is an osteopath.
Osteopathic medicine in the United States - Wikipedia

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
White House doctor Ronny L. Jackson ... said Trump didn’t have heart disease even though the data suggested he might.​
Well, yesssss.
But most 72-year-old men have some degree of arterial plaquing — and Trump's calcium score, at 133, puts him slightly below the average score for a man of his years. (One cardiologist said he was at the 47th percentile.)
I think people are worrying too much about his arteries.

gr8gatsby

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well, yesssss.
But most 72-year-old men have some degree of arterial plaquing — and Trump's calcium score, at 133, puts him slightly below the average score for a man of his years. (One cardiologist said he was at the 47th percentile.)
I think people are worrying too much about his arteries.
I hope he keeps eating cheeseburgers and continues to fatten up...

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I hope he keeps eating cheeseburgers and continues to fatten up...
The worst thing he's done is make millions welcome the prospect of his demise.
Not the mark of a leader.
But I think deliverance will more likely come from impeachment, resignation for whatever reason, or electoral defeat.

Reactions: b.c. and gr8gatsby