Two Words No Longer Allowed To Be Used To Describe Trans People

what about people who identify as that tho? i dont personally im a trans woman and happy with that but i do have none op friends who identify as the second banned word. this is a tough subject for most i think.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
what about people who identify as that tho? i dont personally im a trans woman and happy with that but i do have none op friends who identify as the second banned word. this is a tough subject for most i think.
Would they be offended by correct language compared to slang?

Reactions: deleted848353

WilliamG

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I agree about those terms too. But I have a harder time with sexual identity for trans persons. Example: I chatted many times with a very nice trans girl back on another site that closed down. "She" preferred the terms she, her, gurl, or girl (she was in her twenties). She listed her sexuality as straight female (she still had her penis). But some list their sexuality as straight male, gay male, or straight female. Perhaps the time has come for adding a bit more info (show in our quick profiles) for those that would like to be more specific? In lieu of that I always read a few posts they've put up to get a flavor for how they would like to be viewed before I post to them.

Reactions: Mister2101

merc41

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I think if you find it offensive then it is. The problem is people use those words not intending to be offensive. I use trans women now instead. Is that ok? How do you address a cock/penis, man clit ? Or the anus, man pussy ? Not joking I really want to know. I would like to pursue a LTR with a trans women and I would like to be able to address those body parts correctly.

pretzelslut

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I think it all boils down to respect and formalities. Like for me personally I'm a very crass, blunt, offensive person. All of my friends and I are that way (cis and trans). In fact and my trans guy friend always throw around trans since at the end of the day we know that we love and respect eachother as really good friends. But would we go about tossing that word to others? Of course not. It's obviously slang that can easily be misinterpreted as derogatory.

The way I make it easy is whenever partners/hookups ask how to adress my genitals I just tell them to just simply address them.

A penis is a penis, a clitoris is a clitoris, no matter who it's on.

Genitals aren't exclusive to gender identity, and it's just harder to lump them together: manclit, lady dick. It's just awkward and cumbersome if you ask me.

I am me, I have a penis, though I am not my penis.

At the end of the day I throw the word around in the bedroom because I know my partner is putting his best foot forward and trying to make me happy by tryong not to offend me, and I appreciate it, so personally I diffuse the seriousness and keep the energy flirty and playful.

Just be respectful and open the conversation. If the person is unwilling to be patient with you and educate you on where their boundaries lie, you really shouldn't be involved with them to begin with. Communication is mutual and you cannot be expected to respect boundaries that are unestablished.

Mister2101

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I think it all boils down to respect and formalities. Like for me personally I'm a very crass, blunt, offensive person. All of my friends and I are that way (cis and trans). In fact and my trans guy friend always throw around trans since at the end of the day we know that we love and respect eachother as really good friends. But would we go about tossing that word to others? Of course not. It's obviously slang that can easily be misinterpreted as derogatory.

The way I make it easy is whenever partners/hookups ask how to adress my genitals I just tell them to just simply address them.

A penis is a penis, a clitoris is a clitoris, no matter who it's on.

Genitals aren't exclusive to gender identity, and it's just harder to lump them together: manclit, lady dick. It's just awkward and cumbersome if you ask me.

I am me, I have a penis, though I am not my penis.

At the end of the day I throw the word around in the bedroom because I know my partner is putting his best foot forward and trying to make me happy by tryong not to offend me, and I appreciate it, so personally I diffuse the seriousness and keep the energy flirty and playful.

Just be respectful and open the conversation. If the person is unwilling to be patient with you and educate you on where their boundaries lie, you really shouldn't be involved with them to begin with. Communication is mutual and you cannot be expected to respect boundaries that are unestablished.
Nice words......

Buck Fuddy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Most people I know don't really care about wording they just say whatever because they don't out too much value into words so people can't use them against them.

I agree. It's incorrect to assume every transsexual is going to be offended by mere words. They have varying personalities just like anyone else. I know many transsexuals in the Orlando area and most of them just don't care to closely monitor everyone's speech and correct them. They're generally preoccupied with just trying to have a good time.

It's probably best to not let the internet dictate what's universally acceptable or isn't.

I agree. It's incorrect to assume every transsexual is going to be offended by mere words. They have varying personalities just like anyone else. I know many transsexuals in the Orlando area and most of them just don't care to closely monitor everyone's speech and correct them. They're generally preoccupied with just trying to have a good time.

It's probably best to not let the internet dictate what's universally acceptable or isn't.
I agree I find it difficult when things don't bother me but wording im OK with being trans means, I as a trans person am censored from using words I'm OK or comfortable with.

D

deleted983203

I guess I've learned something today. As a Bi male I absolutely love trans ladies! (Hope that's an acceptable term)
Hope someday to get to meet one in person. Until today i didn't realize the connotation of L-Boy. Tr--ny had always sounded disrespectful to me anyway.

You girls are so beautiful and have so much to offer a guy like me!

doc_jmart

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Surprised by the first word... Maybe people were complaining because of the way this word was used? I have a trans friends and she often refers to herself using the first word. And she calls her fellow trans friends the same. Like many words maybe it all depends on the context? Or is this like the N word, wherein you can only say it if you’re a person of african heritage?

Reactions: malakos