Two Words No Longer Allowed To Be Used To Describe Trans People

SexyFantasyGirl

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
@Mr. LPSG
if you want to Ban words here that's OK with me.
But IMO you should make a list of them all and put them in ToS, to make it fair that everyone knows what they are,
IMO it's not fair to give warning points when people don't know what is allowed and what's not.

LPSG Support

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Surprised by the first word... Maybe people were complaining because of the way this word was used? I have a trans friends and she often refers to herself using the first word. And she calls her fellow trans friends the same. Like many words maybe it all depends on the context? Or is this like the N word, wherein you can only say it if you’re a person of african heritage?
I agree. In my opinion, it is very tricky and sometimes confusing to keep up with what you can and can not say in today's world.

Reactions: doc_jmart

LPSG Support

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
@Mr. LPSG
But IMO you should make a list of them all and put them in ToS, to make it fair that everyone knows what they are,
IMO it's not fair to give warning points when people don't know what is allowed and what's not.
That is a fair comment. Equally this rule went in to place 8 months ago and you are the first person to complain about receiving a warning for it.

All in all, it is just a warning. It isn't a ban and isn't a super big deal. Just a heads up.

Big_a_20

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
There’s just no excuse to use these words when a majority of trans people find them offensive. At the root of any offensive word or slur, it is another way to devalue and debase someone down to one characteristic to define them. This all comes from fear and our evolutional need to categorize to make sense of the world. I think we have evolved past this need but sadly some people will always live in the Stone Age.

Big_a_20

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
@Mr. LPSG
We know what words are slurs and are derogatory. If you really need a list, you must be truly sheltered or lying to yourself.

doc_jmart

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
There’s just no excuse to use these words when a majority of trans people find them offensive. At the root of any offensive word or slur, it is another way to devalue and debase someone down to one characteristic to define them. This all comes from fear and our evolutional need to categorize to make sense of the world. I think we have evolved past this need but sadly some people will always live in the Stone Age.

People aren’t necessarily trying to devalue someone, it’s wrong to generalize. this is confusing because both words being offensive to trans people is not common knowledge, unlike the N word for instance. Maybe it is in your circle, but based on the comments here most people are unaware. And as i have mentioned, the trans women i know refer to themselves as tra- -ies. I’m an empathic individual though. If someone tells me they’re offended by a certain term i sure as hell won’t say it to them.

another reason why this is confusing? Many people add “ie” or “y” to a word’s first syllable if they wanna shorten it. It’s as common as adding “s” or just saying the first syllable.

I’ve experienced something similar when i was backpacking about 10 years ago. i met 2 pakistanis who were based in the UK in one hostel and i got to hang out with them. When a couple of other guys asked me one night if i wanted to grab a beer, i told them i was gonna ask the “paks” if they would like to join us. (Before i get accused of being racist, everyone at the hostel were referring to groups of people traveling together based on the country they’re from. Brits, aussies, etc. I wasn’t singling out the pakistanis). Apparently they were within hearing distance and they totally lashed out on me as soon as they heard me. Prior to that incident, I had no idea that the words “pak” and “paki” were racial slurs in the UK. I was simply shortening the word pakistani.

I’m not aiming to change the rules that are already set here, and i agree that if some people are offended then we should refrain from saying these words. but i feel that if people tried to understand how others say certain words before getting offended, there’s gonna be less confusion and animosity in this world.

SexyFantasyGirl

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That is a fair comment. Equally this rule went in to place 8 months ago and you are the first person to complain about receiving a warning for it.

All in all, it is just a warning. It isn't a ban and isn't a super big deal. Just a heads up.
when I signed in to the site I agreed I would obey the ToS rules, I didn't agree to read ever post on the site to find what the rules are.

IMO it don't matter what the punishment is it's a unfair rule.

I ask a mod what the all the words are and she told me to google Inappropriate language, if you do that every other word on this site is inappropriate.

I live in a state that has laws on how to drive, if I drive through a state that has different laws if I break one it's my fault because they have a book on what the laws in their state are word for word

I won't say anything else about it, it's your site and your rules, all I wanted to say is IMO it would be fair to tell people what they are.

I'm not asking to change any rules, just asking what they are

Last edited:

Big_a_20

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
People aren’t necessarily trying to devalue someone, it’s wrong to generalize. this is confusing because both words being offensive to trans people is not common knowledge, unlike the N word for instance. Maybe it is in your circle, but based on the comments here most people are unaware. And as i have mentioned, the trans women i know refer to themselves as tra- -ies. I’m an empathic individual though. If someone tells me they’re offended by a certain term i sure as hell won’t say it to them.

another reason why this is confusing? Many people add “ie” or “y” to a word’s first syllable if they wanna shorten it. It’s as common as adding “s” or just saying the first syllable.

I’ve experienced something similar when i was backpacking about 10 years ago. i met 2 pakistanis who were based in the UK in one hostel and i got to hang out with them. When a couple of other guys asked me one night if i wanted to grab a beer, i told them i was gonna ask the “paks” if they would like to join us. (Before i get accused of being racist, everyone at the hostel were referring to groups of people traveling together based on the country they’re from. Brits, aussies, etc. I wasn’t singling out the pakistanis). Apparently they were within hearing distance and they totally lashed out on me as soon as they heard me. Prior to that incident, I had no idea that the words “pak” and “paki” were racial slurs in the UK. I was simply shortening the word pakistani.

I’m not aiming to change the rules that are already set here, and i agree that if some people are offended then we should refrain from saying these words. but i feel that if people tried to understand how others say certain words before getting offended, there’s gonna be less confusion and animosity in this world.
Generalizing is the same as devaluing and degrading because you’re essentially trying to find identify them by the simplest and, in most cases, more obvious ways. Even if you are referring to a group, there are appropriate titles for every group.
Now,I am the most non PC person when it comes to certain things. I have no problem speaking my mind and stating my opinion and having a conversation with someone opposite from me. But when it comes to respect, I will always show that to another human being. That’s all this is about. We aren’t just screen-names in a binary space. We’re people (some trolls but everyone hates trolls lol), and the sooner certain people realize disrespect will not be tolerated here, the sooner we can have deeper discussions and explore our humanity.

Reactions: MickeyLee

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
when I signed in to the site I agreed I would obey the ToS rules, I didn't agree to read ever post on the site to find what the rules are.

I ask a mod what the all the words are and she told me to google Inappropriate language, if you do that every other word on this site is inappropriate.

I live in a state that has laws on how to drive, if I drive through a state that has different laws if I break one it's my fault because they have a book on what the laws in their state are word for word

I won't say anything else about it, it's your site and your rules, all I wanted to say is IMO it would be fair to tell people what they are.

The rest of us read the announcements. Are you so special that you cannot?
This very thread has the majority of the slurs listed that we don’t use here. I think f*g is one, and general slurs toward racial groups, but existing at time of new rule names with those words are grandfathered in.

other insults are allowed, such as ginger. I’m not bitching. It just tells me who to avoid.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Quick rule on word use: if you would not want that word directed at a loved one, don't use it here.

Not difficult, right?

Also. Attitudes change over time, as acceptance and awareness changes. What was jam 10 years ago might get you SM Canceled today. Or, vice versa.

Specific to the words in play here. Both have always been derogatory terms. There was never a time when wither word wasn't intended to marginalize or depersonalize someone. The acceptability of the use of those terms are the only change. Changes brought about by some of the most bad-ass Trans Folks ever to walk the face of the planet.

Now, I respect the preference of the individual. Some folks have reclaimed the no-no words. Some folks know the words will always exist and refuse to give them more power. Some folks are into the fetish scene that has been built up around the Trans community. Some folks have zero fucks to give.

I don't know all the folks. I only know I don't want to cause an ouch. Better to be cautious on a very personal subject. Default to Trans unless someone requests me to address them other wises.

To me, it kinda says a lot about the person clinging to derogatory terms if they are not part of the group. Why the fuck is Tr*** and She*** so important to you? Why doesn't an actual person means more to you than a fucking word?

Stop being gross. Trans folks exist outside of your preferred wank category.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My own use of Trans vs Tr*** has changed. For years me and mine used tr***, Trans, gender-queer, gender f*g and others cuz we owned it. Nothing chaps a bigots ass like *yep, much f*g, such queer, so many tr***.. And I'm fucking awesome"

Shit changed. I grew the fuck up. The words I use can harm people. Well beyond the dick happy confines of LPSG.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
My own use of Trans vs Tr*** has changed. For years me and mine used tr***, Trans, gender-queer, gender f*g and others cuz we owned it. Nothing chaps a bigots ass like *yep, much f*g, such queer, so many tr***.. And I'm fucking awesome"

Shit changed. I grew the fuck up. The words I use can harm people. Well beyond the dick happy confines of LPSG.
I learned by listening to a dear friend yell after a pickup truck “I’m not a f***t, I’m a queer!”

Last edited:

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Ok, I’ll wade in, since @Mr. LPSG seems to be allowing all identity discussion.
For the record, cis woman, here.
I have written award winning articles on transgender youth, and my own kiddo is dealing with gender dysmorphia.

transgenderism is anyone with gender dysmorphia. If the person can live as their personally identified gender or not, surgery or not, doesn’t matter.
What’s under their clothes is NO ONE ELSE’S BUSINESS!
Some folx will never be able to afford all the surgery needed to physically change.
Some will, but in pieces.
I have male clients with a hysterectomy in the medical records.
I have female clients with penises.
Some don’t want surgery, for whatever reason. Not defined by genitalia.

trans, trans, ladyboy/boi, he/she are objectifying terms, and should be on the slag heap of history with racial slurs.

any software will need to spot runarounds. If it filters trans, it will need to get Tran-ny, etc.

ok, I have to laugh. The next to last graf said tr@nny, sh€m@le, ladyboy/boi...etc.
But my own workarounds show that only the exact word can be flagged.

nonetheless, the comment holds.

Reactions: MickeyLee

Big_a_20

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

So many Judge Judy quotes come to mind after reading this but I think there’s a few that apply here:
“Baloney!”
With every site or program, it is up to the user to make sure you are in accordance with the rules and guidelines.
Here’s another good quote that fits:
“Ignorance of the law is no excuse”
While, more often than not, We may get warnings it doesn’t change that a law or rule was broken and there are consequences. Not good, not bad, just consequences. Our entire universe is ruled by this premise.
Last but, certainly, not least:
“Don’t pee on my leg and tell me it’s raining”
IMO that’s exactly what you’re doing with this response. You’re trying to make a case for your innocence when in fact is making you look guilty and smug. If you had a legitimate concern, you would have asked someone.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
It occurred to me that some want their hands held as they learn the site.
Think very carefully about what the hands of the vast majority of this site are doing. Do you really want to have that hand hold you?

billybones

Superior Member
Media
News to me. I thought tran*y was a descriptor for a transvestite.

When I got my first grown up job, that required travel and long hours, I lived with two friends who were also gay. I got home from work one afternoon, came in the front door, went upstairs and used the facilities and changed my clothes and then ventured downstairs to make a drink from the bar. I walked into that room and did a surprise jujitsu dance. There was a drag queen sitting in our dining room. 5oclock shadow, pony tail, makeup, sweat pants, sports bra. (And you should have seen what she was wearing!) Almost had to comedy karate chop the bitch! I’ve never taken the martial arts is that point.

My roommates had gone to the grocery store and just left this chick(dude?) sitting there in silence. A very lovely person it turned out. I made us each a drink and we had a conversation until my roommates got home. As it turns out, my roommates were not asshole dicks, hesheit was the one that didn’t want to go out.

My friends and I did have to have a conversation about leaving unattended strangers in the house, though.