Vicarious Pleasure

Icarus213: While reading a lot of the threads on this board that deal with having sex or hooking up, I realized that I get a good deal of vicarious pleasure hearing about other hung guys getting credit or positive attention for their endowments. Maybe it is a sort of "hung pride" that ties me to others in the group, but for some reason it is a definite feeling I get whenever I visit lpsg.

Any of you guys have the same experience? Is there such a thing as "hung pride?"

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Nice terminology, Icarus.

I can relate, being among the "privileged," if you will.  I can't describe it exactly, but there's something very reassuring and, for lack of better words, awesome about talking to other well-hung men who can relate to some of the same sexual problems and experiences I have had in my years.

As I've discussed with a few other members, I think there's a definite line. I think that camaraderie can personally fade for me if I'm bombarded with picture requests or "proof" or what have you. Quite frankly, if a dude and I can swap sizes and the conversation naturally flows from there, it's all good.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That is it...very well said..."camaraderie".
I never discussed this stuff with my family,
and only a few of my friends...so the "hung pride"
i find here is awesome.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've said it before, and was blasted for it, but I'll say it again. I don't feel pride about my endowment. I'm proud of my accomplisments and my deeds, not of something over which I ha no control. I'm glad I have a big cock. I don't wish that my cock was smaller. And I enjoy the fact that I've gotten people off with my cock. But I'm not proud or ashamed of it; I live with it, and do so happily.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i was thinking of it in terms of "happy with my lot and happy to talk to similar guys"...
no, it isn't the same as being proud of an accomplishment, or fulfilling a goal you worked hard for.

kurios

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Very well said DMW ! Perspective.....It isn't like making the olympic team but it sure is a potential asset if you look at the positive side.

hung: Pleasure and/or Hung Pride!!!!!

May I suggest:

"A Band of Brothers" while this an HBO Special about WWII - we are all in a very special "Brotherhood"

There is a special bond about all of us who take the time to share our views and comments. Even if you do not post on the LPSG you are also in this Band. You are sharing your self, even if you do not post. I always note the number of reads a thread receives. We are all a part of a special group - a special bond that we share. We can be proud of our endowments. We also share with others our ideas and present comments to questions raised by others in this site.

In summary: A Band of Brothers with a common Bond of being well endowed.

I appreciate this site and also the opportunity to participate in this Band, this Brotherhood. Thanks.

Ralexx

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Hung wrote :

There is a special bond about all of us who take the time to share our views and comments. Even if you do not post on the LPSG you are also in this Band. You are sharing your self, even if you do not post. I always note the number of reads a thread receives. We are all a part of a special group - a special bond that we share. We can be proud of our endowments. We also share with others our ideas and present comments to questions raised by others in this site.
In summary: A Band of Brothers with a common Bond of being well endowed.

Mmmm !! So close to metaphysics :D !! Kidding.
I must admit I like your vision. Besides, I always considered the word "camaraderie" matching the LPSG reality. It usually takes time in order to create a community, but there is something that makes me (in fact, made me several times) say « LPSG is more than just a site ». Hung uses the word "brotherhood" and I don't think he exaggerates.

[...The (conscious ? subconscious ? unconscious ?) causes of this brotherhood are to be discovered ;) ]

BiteSize: I find that guys are surprisingly generous in their appreciation. It's as if a fine example of a penis is sort of common male property, to be enjoyed and shared like a large box of chocolates. It's partly because of that element of randomness and the accident of heredity - it could have been me, it could have been you, we've all got one and aren't they great. Like most of you guys, I don't feel proud or smug, just grateful to have plenty to enjoy and share.

Reactions: OzTom

AnonyMs: [quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=relationships;num=1046722739;start=0#7 date=03/12/03 at 13:34:39]Now that viewpoint I can appreciate: a bond, a brotherhood. We hang together because we're hung together! [/quote]Yet another contender for the lpsg motto!

sammygirly: ~beams and gets the Ladie's Auxillary to sewing a new banner~

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=jonb link=board=relationships;num=1046722739;start=0#12 date=03/14/03 at 10:07:05]How about "The One Sex-Discussion Forum That Doesn't Give Your Address To A Spam List". LOL[/quote]

Let me hear the choir say "Amen!" to that! (Sing it, Brother Jon!) ;D

Icarus213: I guess my question was more this: when you hear about hung guys getting credit for their endowment, does it give you a degree of pleasure as well? I had a roommate who was quite large, larger than me, who is pretty well known for his size, and whenever he got jokes or comments about it from anyone, I would sort of take that as a compliment as well. Does that sound wierd?

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wouldn't take it as a compliment, but rather as an acknowledgement. An affirmation that I'm still one of the guys. A light-hearted way of saying, "You're okay; a big cock doesn't make you an outcast." They know that it's one of my charcteristics, and they're not intimidated by it. I can live with that approach.