What are you watching?

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
... And we've just finished the fifth season of The Expanse (Amazon Prime) and the series just keeps getting better and better..

On your recommendation, @b.c., I've started watching The Expanse... Again, it is all your fault that I won't get a good night's sleep tonight!

;)

Reactions: rbkwp and b.c.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I think we just watched the season finale of the quite excellent Pennyworth (Epix), I say I think because I'm not sure if it was the finale. Supergirl is back on with John Cryer playing a very convincing Lex Luthor (in a recent episode he's on trial for crimes against humanity during which in representing himself he proudly brags to the jury about his ruthlessness which, as it turns out, gets him fully acquitted. Fiction eh? Because that kind of s----- couldn't POSSIBLY happen IRL could it??).

This week's Black Lightning (also on CW) was one of their "planted spinoff episodes" for Jordan Calloway's upcoming Painkiller series, and the network's Superman and Lois (which is pretty good) will be returning from a spring break. Unfortunately so will the downright stupid Legends of Tomorrow.

We haven't been following The Masked Singer because, I don't know why (lost interest I guess) and have been barely following Hell's Kitchen. But we've just finished watching season 3 of the also EXCELLENT Star Trek Discovery. So is Captain America and the Winter Soldier. And the missus had me watch some new little oddity called Nevers that to me was like x-men set in the 19th century, including and orphanage and a wheelchair bound proprietor. Don't know yet if it's a keeper.

Movies? Kong vs. Godzilla (or was it Godzilla vs. Kong?). Absolutely INSIPID plot created just to set these two up in a slug fest. Entertainingly nonsensical.

Reactions: rbkwp

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
this threads,dissapearance,for a week or so
maybe
mebee/USA ha
been abusing,what you doing now,in lieu haha

thsanks for revival bc huh

uuhmmm
'crimes against humanity
reality,or no...Q

Reactions: b.c.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
one of those,bloody American religous cult movies
striking feaf into folks hearts
got a lot to pay back to humans,that damn American so called democracy
i said

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

random yt
why not

ps
in other wods bored
5am NZT
your god

WOKE BRIGADE IDIOTS,would have a field day with this gem

bring in,this capt kidd
'so we can take the measure of him' FFS

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

random yt
why not

ps
in other wods bored
5am NZT
your god

WOKE BRIGADE IDIOTS,would have a field day with this gem

bring in,this capt kidd
'so we can take the measure of him' FFS

much better than i thought it would be
Charles LAUGHTON
plenty of british pomp/humour ha

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
TLC's 90 Day Fiance just came to a close, but looks like they've moved most if not all of the spinoffs to Discovery Plus, yet ANOTHER paid subscription service (which we need like a hole in the head). So guess we won't be watching THEM for awhile.

Movies just seen: Raya, Nobody, Chaos Walking, The United States vs. Billie Holliday

Also, we watch various home buying and home improvement shows on HGTV (Love It or List It, House Hunters, Flip or Flop) but we just watched a GREAT new show called Bargain Block.

And unlike Tarek El Moussa (who doesn't seem happy unless he's clearing 100 thou in profit, and who, after renovations, ignores the comps because their property is "SOO much nicer"), Bynum and Thomas buy abandoned and broken down properties in a Detroit neighborhood and clear just enough profit to buy another in the same area, restoring an entire neighborhood, one house at a time.

They do all their own work, living out of the property while renovating it, and even furnish the properties with repurposed and restored furnishing they get from thrift stores etc., in turn restoring new life to an old Motor City neighborhood. See? Super heroes do exist.

'Bargain Block' Full Cast List: Meet Keith Bynum, Evan Thomas and others on HGTV's renovation show | MEAWW