What are your gym showers like?

nirvana84

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Just wondering what other gym showers are like. I go to the fitness first in Richmond, Melbourne, Australia. The showers are in cubicles with doors. There are 2 rows with doors facing each other. I leave mine open a jar just in case a big dick wants to show off for me, or if someone wants to check out myself.

I have had a bit off a play with myself in front of the guy opposite a couple of times. I've only seen the 1 huge penis, he wasn't playing though just drying with his door wide open, he just wanted to show off his big slong.

Ive been going for a couple of months on average about 4 times per week, I get to see guys who are happy to shower with the door open about a third of the time. I give it every opportunity to happen, leave the door wide open, and shower for up to 25 minutes waiting for someone to use the cubical opposite.

Maybe I have to learn a sign or code to use in the steam room or in the weights room that's says right I'm off to shower with the door open, anyone want to join.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have no idea. I have been working out in a crossfit box ( because I need help with my form on the lifts, and proper motivation to put in the work regularly ) and I know there is a shower, but I have never seen it. I suspect it is just one stall in a private room. I've never popped my head in that bathroom, but if it is the same size as the ones with toilets, it is small.

Reactions: malakos and Notaes

Mr Fixit

Legendary Member
Media
N/W Australia - on the fringe of the Indian Ocean
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nearest gym is a long way away. The shower/change room is open with six shower heads mounted on walls. I've never detected the least sign of voyeurism, exhibitionism or arousal. There's the occasional shy guy who showers in his swimwear - which seems kind of ridiculous to me - but the vast majority are comfortable to wash and dress just as they would if no one else were around.

Just as Australia has only recently embraced the routine installation of privacy panels between urinals, so have we been slow on the uptake with private shower stalls. Maybe we're not a shy race!

Nearest gym is a long way away. The shower/change room is open with six shower heads mounted on walls. I've never detected the least sign of voyeurism, exhibitionism or arousal. There's the occasional shy guy who showers in his swimwear - which seems kind of ridiculous to me - but the vast majority are comfortable to wash and dress just as they would if no one else were around.

Just as Australia has only recently embraced the routine installation of privacy panels between urinals, so have we been slow on the uptake with private shower stalls. Maybe we're not a shy race!

Be glad for that. I prefer open showers, and when looking for a new gym, that is one of the top three factors that will influence my decision. It's not a "I want to see cock and ass" thing. I find stalls to be mouldy and cramped, and in my experience, attracts a more uptight and unfriendly clientele.

Curtainless stalls

The gym I went to before my Y had stalls with curtains. I never closed them while showering because I though they and the stalls were silly to begin with. Whenever I did that, so many other guys would follow my lead and do the same thing. Men have a primal need to see and be seen no matter how much guys try to deny it.

I find it funny how the younger generation of guys don't want to shower at the gym because the world would tilt off its axis if anyone saw their cock, but will take nude selfies and upload them all over the Internet for millions to see in perpetuity. I'm the opposite (probably because of the generation I come from) in that I have no issue getting naked in the gym showers and locker room around maybe a dozen guys, but there is no way I would ever upload nude pictures of me to the internet. Younger guys are really doing the same thing by doing this - fulfilling their primal need to be seen.

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay

I find it funny how the younger generation of guys don't want to shower at the gym because the world would tilt off its axis if anyone saw their cock, but will take nude selfies and upload them all over the Internet for millions to see in perpetuity.

Statements such as the above are completely invalid - you are assuming, without offering any proof, that the guys hiding their nakedness at the gym are in fact the VERY SAME guys who are sharing nude selfies. It is entirely possible and even likely that the shy guys at the gym would never consider sharing selfies, nude or otherwise.

not_brand_x

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Statements such as the above are completely invalid - you are assuming, without offering any proof, that the guys hiding their nakedness at the gym are in fact the VERY SAME guys who are sharing nude selfies. It is entirely possible and even likely that the shy guys at the gym would never consider sharing selfies, nude or otherwise.
This is something that I've wondered about every since I joined this site. Some people seem to be aggressive towards anyone who doesn't want to be naked in the company of other guys. I understand that, in an ideal world, everyone should be comfortable with their own bodies but some of the comments on this site bend towards shaming people who aren't comfortable being naked around others - which will in no way make them comfortable with that. If someone isn't comfortable with being naked in a locker room, they shouldn't feel as though they are required to be naked.