What are your gym showers like?

nirvana84

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Just wondering what other gym showers are like. I go to the fitness first in Richmond, Melbourne, Australia. The showers are in cubicles with doors. There are 2 rows with doors facing each other. I leave mine open a jar just in case a big dick wants to show off for me, or if someone wants to check out myself.

I have had a bit off a play with myself in front of the guy opposite a couple of times. I've only seen the 1 huge penis, he wasn't playing though just drying with his door wide open, he just wanted to show off his big slong.

Ive been going for a couple of months on average about 4 times per week, I get to see guys who are happy to shower with the door open about a third of the time. I give it every opportunity to happen, leave the door wide open, and shower for up to 25 minutes waiting for someone to use the cubical opposite.

Maybe I have to learn a sign or code to use in the steam room or in the weights room that's says right I'm off to shower with the door open, anyone want to join.

BillM

LPSG Legend
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Beverly Hills (California, United States)
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
a-wet-beach-men-guys-in-gear-naked-shirtless-ass-jocks-shower-bath-kissing-pool-muscle-speedo-+gym-gay-hung-buldges-hairy-smooth-www.justajeepguydcmen.blogspot.com-04-04-06.png
nuudman.tumblr_group+shower.jpg
7261c491a733e2ef36c1b54fe05cea58.jpg
tumblr_m2sjdgVRYw1qdfkdgo1_500.jpg
Naked+Men+In+The+Showers,+Naked+Men+In+the+Locker+Room,+Ass,+Arse,+Cock,+Dicks,+Hard+Cock,+Wanking,+Masturbating,+Straight+Men,+Straight+Lads,++(15).jpg
tumblr_n85q0oEWP71sjta8eo1_500.jpg
0131.jpg

mikerik

Sexy Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I swim at my local University in Sherbrooke, Québec, Canada. It's a really big locker room with 3 communal showers rooms with 6 shower heads in each room (2 rows of 3 shower heads facing each other). There is no cubicle at all, so if you want to shower you need to use the communal showers. Not everybody showers there, but you can see a mix of young and older guys use them all through the day. Because of Covid19, they just blocked the middle shower in each row/room (yellow tape) but you can still use the 4 shower heads left.

IMG_0364.JPG

Meatn2veg

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Mine are like this...there are dividers for 'privacy' which really serve no purpose haha :emoji_joy:

View attachment 94822701
How ridiculous do those screen things look?!

Those sorts of showers should be left like this...

Sports Centre.jpg

The gym I used to go to when I worked in the London Docklands closed what they called the "wet area" in the men's changing room for a week or so. They said it needed modernising. Which, to me, meant screens being installed etc etc.

THIS is what the "modernised" version looked like;

Showers Refit.jpg

That gym's idea of "modernisation" rested pretty well with me!

Curtainless stalls

The gym I went to before my Y had stalls with curtains. I never closed them while showering because I though they and the stalls were silly to begin with. Whenever I did that, so many other guys would follow my lead and do the same thing. Men have a primal need to see and be seen no matter how much guys try to deny it.

I find it funny how the younger generation of guys don't want to shower at the gym because the world would tilt off its axis if anyone saw their cock, but will take nude selfies and upload them all over the Internet for millions to see in perpetuity. I'm the opposite (probably because of the generation I come from) in that I have no issue getting naked in the gym showers and locker room around maybe a dozen guys, but there is no way I would ever upload nude pictures of me to the internet. Younger guys are really doing the same thing by doing this - fulfilling their primal need to be seen.

Marco86

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
My gyms here are pretty uptight as far as locker room nudity. With a rare exception, no one walks to or from the shower area naked, usually with a towel wrapped around their waists. Showers themselves are stalls with frosted glass doors. There is a rule that you MUST wear shorts or a towel in the sauna, steam, and hot tub. Many guys--I'd say most under 30 or even 40--do a silly "towel dance" where they wrap a towel around themselves to change boxer briefs. I do not do that. One or two guys are very comfortable being naked. One buddy of mine if I see him at ocker and stop to say hello will face me full-on naked while he dries off or starts to get dressed. That is how it should be.

On a trip to Europe, I worked out in a local gym one morning. Mainly guys in 20s and 30s. Every guy walked to and from showers naked, all were naked in the sauna, and the showers had frosted glass dividers but no doors for each "stall." So a lot of hot naked bodies and uncut dick on display. And it was all totally relaxed and normal.

carter2006

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have a membership with a generic fitness group that gives me unlimited workouts at hundreds of locations across the UK for about £30 a month (PM me if you want a referral). It's not only awesome value, but it gives me exposure (pun slightly intended) to lots of different venues.

I'd say my experience is that roughly a third of all locker rooms have shower stalls, a third have open communal showers, and a third have a mix of both. There's also a big difference in the type of guys who use different venues. I should add that I'm talking about the overall type of venue, including the quality and type of equipment, decor, location - not *just* whether they have gang showers or not.

A lot of the more upmarket places I go also have saunas and/or steam rooms inside the locker rooms. In this cases I find it's about 50/50 whether guys use the facilities in a swim suit or just a towel. Very few have their junk hanging out completely, although may towel users will wear it very loose and give the occasional flash.

My personal preference is that, when showering, if there's a choice of gang shower or stall I use the gang shower. It's less a showing off thing and more a 'feeling liberated' thing. I'm neither an exhibitionist nor shy. I just feel like we're all just bodies (yes, some way hotter than others!) and we should embrace the opportunities to be naked when they arise.

If I'm in a men only sauna or steam room, I'll take a small towel. If I'm on my own in there I'll just sit on the towel. If someone else comes in I usually loosely cover up, to be polite, but if my junk falls out through natural movement then so be it, unless the other guy appears bothered by it. Again, it's not a question of flaunting or, on the other extreme, being a prude. It's just a case of being comfortable.

I've seen some incredibly hot bodies with damn ugly cocks, some stunning cocks attached to less appealing bodies, some people who I find pretty unattractive overall, and some downright all-round beautiful guys strolling around, showering and saunaing naked. None of them bother me, and I enjoy the fact men just feel comfortable in their skin.

Spike Baltar

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
All gyms here have individual stalls and have for the last 15 years or so. I don't know anywhere that has totally open showers.
A few have stall dividers with no doors or curtains, though.
IMG_20180504_173604801 (1).jpg

ajs414

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My gym still has a large communal shower room - probably 12-15 shower heads. It doesn’t have Bradley poles, but the shower heads are along the walls and are in groups of 3. So at times when the gym is really busy, 3 guys will have to cram into each section and shower 6 inches apart from each other.

There is also a sauna outside the showers that faces the towel rack area. The sauna wall is all glass (I believe to prevent cruising) but that also means that you have a full view of everyone going into and out of the shower area.

With all of that, it’s virtually impossible to shower and not be exposed to people in the sauna and the showers. 50-60% of the guys just walk around naked, because there’s no privacy in the sauna or showers either. It has a very communal, masculine vibe which I think is becoming more rare.

Nearest gym is a long way away. The shower/change room is open with six shower heads mounted on walls. I've never detected the least sign of voyeurism, exhibitionism or arousal. There's the occasional shy guy who showers in his swimwear - which seems kind of ridiculous to me - but the vast majority are comfortable to wash and dress just as they would if no one else were around.

Just as Australia has only recently embraced the routine installation of privacy panels between urinals, so have we been slow on the uptake with private shower stalls. Maybe we're not a shy race!

Be glad for that. I prefer open showers, and when looking for a new gym, that is one of the top three factors that will influence my decision. It's not a "I want to see cock and ass" thing. I find stalls to be mouldy and cramped, and in my experience, attracts a more uptight and unfriendly clientele.