What are your gym showers like?

MarcoJock

Legendary Member
Media
Naked+Men+In+The+Showers,+Naked+Men+In+the+Locker+Room,+Ass,+Arse,+Cock,+Dicks,+Hard+Cock,+Wanking,+Masturbating,+Straight+Men,+Straight+Lads,++(15).jpg

I’d fucking LOVE showering at the gym like this!!

mikerik

Sexy Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I swim at my local University in Sherbrooke, Québec, Canada. It's a really big locker room with 3 communal showers rooms with 6 shower heads in each room (2 rows of 3 shower heads facing each other). There is no cubicle at all, so if you want to shower you need to use the communal showers. Not everybody showers there, but you can see a mix of young and older guys use them all through the day. Because of Covid19, they just blocked the middle shower in each row/room (yellow tape) but you can still use the 4 shower heads left.

IMG_0364.JPG

ripsrips

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Why are gyms reopened but the showers closed???
Each stall keeps you well over 6’ apart, and I hate changing back to street clothes sweaty!!!
No my gym showers are open, I'm soooooo thankful. I also hate getting back into sweaty clothes.

Reactions: Beardon and miamirt

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Surly it's reasonable to avoid dirty showers. They are clean at the gym where I work out, but there is another problem. The shower stalls are rather small and the shower head is up high. As a result, I cannot avoid having excessive water sprayed on my back and that results in itchy skin.

When gyms changed from gang-type showers, they made it much more difficult to keep them clean by greatly increasing the wall area.

Do the math - the wall area actually doesn't increase by all that much. Three walls, probably about 28" each equals 84". Probably not much different than the distance between showerheads in an open plan shower room.

Having said that, I agree that adequate cleaning of shower stalls is still more work. Lots more corners, for one thing.

Last edited:

MarcoJock

Legendary Member
Media
Do the math... Three walls, probably about 28" each equals 84".

Yes, do the math...

3 x 2 x 28” = 168” or 12’

If measuring the length of your cock, only measure one side.

If measuring the linear feet of walls in locker room showers to be cleaned, measure both sides.

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Yes, do the math...

3 x 2 x 28” = 168” or 12’

If measuring the length of your cock, only measure one side.

If measuring the linear feet of walls in locker room showers to be cleaned, measure both sides.

No, wrong. First if all, the back wall doesn't have a second side. As to the side walls, the second side is part of the adjacent stall.

Like I said, 84" of wall per stall is likely very much the same amount of wall allotted to each showerhead in an open plan shower room.

str8cmtl

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Why are gyms reopened but the showers closed???
Each stall keeps you well over 6’ apart, and I hate changing back to street clothes sweaty!!!
My gym showers reopen Monday. I can't wait because I hate leaving the gym sweaty

Reactions: Beardon

MarcoJock

Legendary Member
Media
No, wrong. First if all, the back wall doesn't have a second side. As to the side walls, the second side is part of the adjacent stall.

Like I said, 84" of wall per stall is likely very much the same amount of wall allotted to each showerhead in an open plan shower room.

FRE: When gyms changed from gang-type showers, they made it much more difficult to keep them clean by greatly increasing the wall area.

hzs3fg: Do the math - the wall area actually doesn't increase by all that much. Three walls, probably about 28" each equals 84".

In order to create shower stalls in an open shower room the gym added three 28” walls/partitions for four new stalls. Since each side of the new walls *should* be cleaned, the cleaning crew now has an additional 14 linear feet [corrected] of walls to clean. However, in all likelihood, the original shower room had eight shower heads, four on each side vs four in total. Therefore six walls were added, thereby adding a total of 28 linear feet of shower walls to be cleaned.

Playing it out further...
This was a significant increase in wall surface to clean and, along with the increased number of crevices and the small work area within each stall, increased the overall time to clean dramatically. The cleaning crew asked for more money. Gym management balked, stating they couldn’t pass the increased costs on to members and they couldn’t absorb it because they were operating on razor thin margins. No real decision was ever made. The cleaning crew didn’t want to lose the business. The cleaning crew now cleans the showers completely every few days with spot cleanings here and there.

Playing it out even more...
Because of the sense of privacy the stalls provide guys freely pee while showering and, on occasion, rub one out, shooting their load onto the shower floor. Some of it makes it to the common drains of the original shower room, some of it doesn’t. It was also determined that no one calculated to impact of adding shower stall walls on the original ventilation system. Turns out that the air circulated less and surface areas remain wet for longer periods of time which leads to increased mold and bacterial growth.

Summary:
With all that said, plus the camaraderie and bonding that goes along with hanging out with your naked gym buds, I think gyms need to go back to this design. Plus, natural sunlight kills stuff.

Attachments

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
FRE: When gyms changed from gang-type showers, they made it much more difficult to keep them clean by greatly increasing the wall area.

hzs3fg: Do the math - the wall area actually doesn't increase by all that much. Three walls, probably about 28" each equals 84".

In order to create shower stalls in an open shower room the gym added three 28” walls/partitions for four new stalls. Since each side of the new walls *should* be cleaned, the cleaning crew now has an additional 14 linear feet [corrected] of walls to clean. However, in all likelihood, the original shower room had eight shower heads, four on each side vs four in total. Therefore six walls were added, thereby adding a total of 28 linear feet of shower walls to be cleaned.

Playing it out further...
This was a significant increase in wall surface to clean and, along with the increased number of crevices and the small work area within each stall, increased the overall time to clean dramatically. The cleaning crew asked for more money. Gym management balked, stating they couldn’t pass the increased costs on to members and they couldn’t absorb it because they were operating on razor thin margins. No real decision was ever made. The cleaning crew didn’t want to lose the business. The cleaning crew now cleans the showers completely every few days with spot cleanings here and there.

Playing it out even more...
Because of the sense of privacy the stalls provide guys freely pee while showering and, on occasion, rub one out, shooting their load onto the shower floor. Some of it makes it to the common drains of the original shower room, some of it doesn’t. It was also determined that no one calculated to impact of adding shower stall walls on the original ventilation system. Turns out that the air circulated less and surface areas remain wet for longer periods of time which leads to increased mold and bacterial growth.

Summary:
With all that said, plus the camaraderie and bonding that goes along with hanging out with your naked gym buds, I think gyms need to go back to this design. Plus, natural sunlight kills stuff.

The middle wall is not an addition, only the two side walls. And they effectively account for the wall space that would have been on either side of the shower head.

There is little extra wall to clean. The bigger (much bigger) problem is all the extra corners plus the shower curtains which can get pretty darned grungy.

Clean Cut and Hung

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The middle wall is not an addition, only the two side walls. And they effectively account for the wall space that would have been on either side of the shower head.

There is little extra wall to clean. The bigger (much bigger) problem is all the extra corners plus the shower curtains which can get pretty darned grungy.

What? Your argument does not make sense.

Constructing walls in open showers to create separate shower stalls adds wall space. How would it equate to “little extra wall to clean”?

I would prefer open showers. I have never thought shower stall walls and curtains or doors were clean. If my arm or shoulder, for example, touches them I re-wash that area. In the open showers I’ve used I’ve never had to worry about that and they seemed cleaner (although I’m sure there were some nasty ones back in the day). I also like showering with a bunch of naked guys.

Reactions: slipmoisi

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
What? Your argument does not make sense.

Constructing walls in open showers to create separate shower stalls adds wall space. How would it equate to “little extra wall to clean”?

I would prefer open showers. I have never thought shower stall walls and curtains or doors were clean. If my arm or shoulder, for example, touches them I re-wash that area. In the open showers I’ve used I’ve never had to worry about that and they seemed cleaner (although I’m sure there were some nasty ones back in the day). I also like showering with a bunch of naked guys.

Without actual dimensions, it's impossible to analyze. What I am saying is that in an open plan, the shower heads are futher apart then simply the width of a typical stall, so at least one of those "extra" and possibly both, translate into the extra wall space between shower heads in an open plan.

In my original post, I assumed that the three walls of a typical stall are about 28" each, thus 84" total. If the shower heads in an open plan are 84" apart, then the net wall space is equal. If the shower heads are 72" apart (6 ft, reasonable, I think), then shower stalls add only a total of 12" extra wall space per shower head.