What Is Your Favorite Thing About Being A Woman?

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I love being a mother X

Part of why I hate it:

My useless uterus.

Just my personal reason (one of several). FUCK being a woman. All the pain, none of the gain for me.

Happy for you, tho Holly. Just had to post for perspective. Being a woman doesn't mean being happy with how our reproductive system works.

❤️

Mittimer

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Yup.

Nothing appealing at all for me. Not a damn thing.
Yep.

As a woman :

I can't have kids , yet people keep asking when I will.

My rights to our own body are a fight within our government, yet that choice is being made by men.

I'm poly, so I'm a whore.

I'm told to smile more by strangers
Told to be nicer
Told to dress different
Not to revel too much
Revel more
Thick = ugly
My body is touched without my consent
Doctors don't trust my own knowledge of my body
Doctors look for husbands opinion on women's bodies
Cashiers, waitors, clerks will talk to my husband and not me, we as women are invisible
Being leered at
Cat called
Berated when I say no
Told to accept the backlash when I say no
Not being able to say no
Being expected to be into "feminine things"
Being berated for being into things "not for women"
I couldn't possibly be right about a topic, because I'm a women.
I am spoken down to more often than I care to say

I could go on and on and on.

Why should I be happy about being a woman ?

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Yep.

As a woman :

I can't have kids , yet people keep asking when I will.

My rights to our own body are a fight within our government, yet that choice is being made by men.

I'm poly, so I'm a whore.

I'm told to smile more by strangers
Told to be nicer
Told to dress different
Not to revel too much
Revel more
Thick = ugly
My body is touched without my consent
Doctors don't trust my own knowledge of my body
Doctors look for husbands opinion on women's bodies
Cashiers, waitors, clerks will talk to my husband and not me, we as women are invisible
Being leered at
Cat called
Berated when I say no
Told to accept the backlash when I say no
Not being able to say no
Being expected to be into "feminine things"
Being berated for being into things "not for women"
I couldn't possibly be right about a topic, because I'm a women.
I am spoken down to more often than I care to say

I could go on and on and on.

Why should I be happy about being a woman ?
:emoji_clap::emoji_clap::emoji_clap:

Fuckin EXACTLY.

nothing wrong with anyone who enjoys being woman as fuck.. I just struggle daily to appreciate this curse which isn't that to those who find it a blessing..

Non-religious person using religious terms cuz I assume it's easy to get the point of those particular words and my buzzed ass is struggling to find better terms...

Holly Doors

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Part of why I hate it:

My useless uterus.

Just my personal reason (one of several). FUCK being a woman. All the pain, none of the gain for me.

Happy for you, tho Holly. Just had to post for perspective. Being a woman doesn't mean being happy with how our reproductive system works.

❤️
Big Holly hugs and not trying to be condescending, big love to you X

D

deleted924715

For me, motherhood. I realise I am blessed and my heart breaks for anyone who wants to have a child and cannot. I also want to tip my hat to the wonderful mothers here who have never given birth. I was a young mum so it's a huge part of who I am as a person.

Other than that... I'm struggling. Like lafemme, I do get enjoyment from playing around with make-up and hair I guess.

As opposed to being a man... I suppose it's still more socially acceptable for me to express emotion or ask for help

lovinglife

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Actually being a woman, or any kowtowing to societal pressure to be “feminine?”
Actually being a woman of course, and whatever that means to you.

And thanks for the replies so far everybody! I find it interesting and sad that so many have struggled with so many things. With any luck future generations won't have to deal with these issues

Reactions: ArtAppreciation

Mittimer

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Actually being a woman of course, and whatever that means to you.

And thanks for the replies so far everybody! I find it interesting and sad that so many have struggled with so many things. With any luck future generations won't have to deal with these issues
We've been dealing with them since the beginning of time, no doubt. Women have not come nearly as far as we should have by now in society. Biblical times saw us as proterty and we are still often seen as only property. Another few decades won't change what roughly 2000 years hasn't changed.

neutrno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't have much of a description to put here, I'm just curious what all of y'all love about being a woman. Hopefully not too open ended of a question.

Thanks for any responses :)
I vote for 0, too.

It'd only be good if I could be invisible. The world is a dangerous place for women. Everybody has an opinion about how I should look, what I should wear, how many children I should have (I don't like children), how I should occupy my time...

Crime against women also often goes unpunished.

Nature also did its shittiest job on the design of women: painful periods, painful birth giving, less muscles, etc.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The ladies saying zero have a very valid point. We're No. 2 so we have to try harder. But it's really useless because no matter how hard we try we're always going to be relegated to be right alongside our man.

If we take charge we're a bitch, whereas a man might be called leadership material.

We're told we're too emotional to hold the highest office in the country. Well, I guess that question has been answered. Finally tally: we're not. But we still won't get there in my lifetime.

We're constantly being cheated either by lovers or administration. I don't recommend an average woman's pay rate.

We're considered the weaker sex except we carry the baby for nine months while doing everything else we were doing before.

But what I really love about being a woman is that I can love without reservation. I can hug without being called a sissy. I can cry and no one will think lesser of me. It's hard to do those when you're a man. But you really should try. It would do you a world of good.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My relationships with other women. Deep friendship, sisters in the struggle and snuggle partners.

More freedom to be physically affectionate with people.

Putting up with all the bullshit women put up with made me a better, stronger and mature person.

Also fuels my drive to be a better person.

Having boobs is pretty awesome. I like tucking my hands/cupping my hands around my boobs. Very relaxing.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Forgot yoga pants/leggings.

Oh, and OTK socks. Though I encourage men to embrace awesome socks for their own.

Eta: being genderqueer and masculine presenting my "woman" experience varies greatly from what a ton of women go through. People either forget I have girl parts or assume I have rejected female as being inferior or contemptible. Resulting in revealing some terrible failings on their part and deep hatred of women that's not even questioned by far too many people.

Last edited: