What martial arts do you take or train in?

sodominsane

Legendary Member
Media
Muay tai and bjj......I do spar with some boxers from time to time cause the muay tai hand stuff....is pretty darn close to boxing......and you stance changes a little....one foot back in the bucket

I wrestled is high school....but was no great shakes....pretty average wrestler

But I find ANY team wrestling experience helps your takedowns and takedown defense

Reactions: XXXWolverineXXX

nice_guy_here

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In the past I have studied Judo, Jiu Jistu, Aikido, Boxing, Muay Thai. My main art would have to be Shukokai Karate, but even then the club that I went to was so eclectic in it's teaching style it was more akin to MMA (3 sensei's - with Dans in Jiu Jitsu, Kempo as well various other styles of Karate, hell there was even some Escrima, Kung-Fu and Wrestling thrown in too) which helped me when I left that city and moved back home to transition into an MMA gym.

Though, if you want to get technical, I suppose what I currently "train" is just some kick-boxing as part of my gym workout and maybe some Tai Chi on occasion. My skills are rusty, but my roundhouse kicks with either leg to any level are still pretty snappy.

I practice Soo Bahk Do Mu Duk Kwan, formerly known (before WWII) as Tang Soo Do Mu Duk Kwan. I've been practicing since 2007.