When Romancing The Stone (nearly Becomes) Fatal Attraction

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Married Florida data scientist who was fired had an affair with student and was arrested three times | Daily Mail Online

I've always believed that intelligence in a woman was an aphrodisiac. Last month when I first lay eyes on a tight screen shot of fired Florida Department of Health scientist Rebekah Jones being interviewed on CNN, she made my pulse race. Maybe it was that cascading blonde hair or her look of emotional vulnerability as-if she were going to break into sobs at any moment talking to Chris Cuomo. Whatever the reason, listening to her speak on aggregate metrics and data points made me instinctively think "oh yeah baby, tell me more...at my place." Then I discovered additional chapters of her history.

Rebekah Jones is an erotic-romance novelist who happens to be a scientific researcher. On her own website she writes that she is intrigued by the intersection of people and the environment. Apparently it includes the intersection of certain male graduate students with the collegiate environment of her office at Florida State University. He was Garrett, a 21-year-old grad student with a name out of a soap opera.

He showed up early, sweating, having just come from the gym. He sat too close to me and looked at me like I was something to devour. I could feel the heat coming off his body. It was difficult for me to focus and I noticed him getting hard.

This was all after she summoned him to her office "to scorn him for unquestionably the the worst paper I have ever read." Damn, if this was only a screenshot of a single page I want to read the other 341 pages! Hey teach, you thought that was bad, read mine! Margins-margins; a semicolon you dolt!! Clean it up a bit, substitute "beads of perspiration glistening on his hard pectorals" for sweating and "lust radiating off his body" for heat and she has all the ingredients for another Fifty Shades of Grey. Most apropos to LPSG: "Garrett was bigger than I was used to." Rebekah Jones titled her master work It Was Warm The Day We Met.

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gov. Ron DeSantis Upset Rebekah Jones Is Exposing Republicans "Herd Immunity" Strategy

Did coronavirus data whistleblower hack Florida’s emergency alert system? Police raid home

When we last heard from Rebekah Jones, she had been fired from her Florida Department of Health gig compiling coronavirus data up in Tallahassee and embarked out on her own. Since that time her dashboard has earned rave reviews, she's raised a lot of money, and become something of a minor celebrity to news organizations around the country. In so doing she's become a royal pain-in-the-ass to Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis. As the little general of Donald Trump's southern coronavirus strategy, it's in DeSantis' best interest for everybody to believe Florida has the lowest COVID-19 infection rate in America; comparable to someplace like New Zealand, even Antarctica.

Unfortunately for rolly-polly Ron, Rebekah Jones has screwed-up that glowing Sunshine State tourist PR with every dashboard release of the latest COVID data. Moreover she has exposed the right-wing, Christian conservative strategy of letting the coronavirus super-spread throughout the population, letting "grandma" slowly suffocate of COVID for the greater good. So it comes as no surprise that her home was raided by the Tallahassee gestapo who carted-off all her computers.

On a more carnal and immature level, I've always thought Rebekah was hot in an intellectual, bat-shit crazy babe kinda way. I've read her arrest reports where she went into graphic detail about her boyfriend's large organ without actually detailing his dimensions. She was piss-off with him enough to write an x-rated 342-page manifesto that read like a steamy romance novel. There has always been a rumor that blondes who are borderline nuts are great in bed.

How many think Rebekah Jones should be a member of LPSG?

Last edited:

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Of course the media being lovers of the tawdry and "Florida Man" wackiness, will concentrate more on the bizarre aspects of this case rather then laying into our dysfunctional governor.

We are now only one of three states to break the 1k barrier of positive cases and have in charge a little hobbit who hides in his basement from public accountability and tries to manipulate and hide the numbers and hires unqualified Q-Anon sports bloggers to manage the data.

Yet not one person in the local media will state the obvious, that the governor, by refusing to take even minimal restrictions, is purposefully pursuing a Herd Immunity strategy to deal with the virus because to do actual mitigation would piss off MAGA and damage his re-election or the 2024 presidential run he is aiming for by being Lil' Trump.

Personally I can't wait for the day I'm in a position that I can leave this Kingdom of the Rat third-world hellhole behind.

Ok, I just had to rant :mad:...feel better now.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There has always been a rumor that blondes who are borderline nuts are great in bed.

I resemble that remark.

But seriously, that's some gestapo shit tactics right there. I think DeSanity is quickly going off the rails. The governor's mansion has been going downhill with the last couple of residents. I shudder for the future.

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I resemble that remark.

But seriously, that's some gestapo shit tactics right there. I think DeSanity is quickly going off the rails. The governor's mansion has been going downhill with the last couple of residents. I shudder for the future.

Unfortunately the future looks bleak. Would bet the million dollars I don't have that the hobbit will be reelected again by a landslide against whoever the Florida Dems run and that even after he's gone future candidates will be trying to out-MAGA each other.

We should no longer be considered a swing state and unfortunately too many who might otherwise hate the current situation are neither engaged or even vote. That leaves the far- right trifecta of rednecks, bluehairs and Cuban exiles to dictate the direction of leadership.

Hell I've been stuck on this E Ticket ride without seatbelts for so long I can remember Lawton Chiles, the last sane governor this state seemed capable of producing. Never thought I'd hear myself saying how much I miss snow.

Reactions: Fredneck1951

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Unfortunately the future looks bleak. Would bet the million dollars I don't have that the hobbit will be reelected again by a landslide against whoever the Florida Dems run and that even after he's gone future candidates will be trying to out-MAGA each other.

We should no longer be considered a swing state and unfortunately too many who might otherwise hate the current situation are neither engaged or even vote. That leaves the far- right trifecta of rednecks, bluehairs and Cuban exiles to dictate the direction of leadership.

Hell I've been stuck on this E Ticket ride without seatbelts for so long I can remember Lawton Chiles, the last sane governor this state seemed capable of producing. Never thought I'd hear myself saying how much I miss snow.

Charlie wasn't all that bad. He was a pretty nice guy, too.

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Charlie wasn't all that bad. He was a pretty nice guy, too.

He was the last ok Republican I remember since he was a moderate (likey the last member of that party that could claim that title).

Still it's hard to overlook the harm he might have caused to the LGBT community just so he could appeal to the fundies in his party, regardless of the rumors whether he was really part of that community or not.

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
‘Obviously she’s got issues’: DeSantis slams former Florida data scientist Rebekah Jones during mental health roundtable | WFLA

Why turn to Hollywood for your latest dose of reality TV when you can simply tune-in to your favorite state in the country? One in perpetual retrograde orbit around the Sun? Not long after Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' most prominent passive-aggressive antagonist was summarily rousted from her home, Rebekah Jones was on CNN with Erin Burnett and Cris Cuomo. Other than a distracting over-application of red lipstick, Jones was persuasive in her arguments, painting the conservative Republican governor as Dr. Evil in his attempt to hide the actual COVID-19 infection, hospitalization and mortality rate in the state.

A highly agitated Ron DeSantis, wifey-pooh Casey by his side, sought to push back at the data scientist. "Obviously she has issues" he hissed at the assembled reporters. His tech-savvy Florida Department of Law Enforcement computer nerds had Ms. Jones dead to rights, her IP address as the exact location where "someone" had broken into the Department of Health's messaging system to say really bad things about him. So there!!! :mad:

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
https://www.nypost.com/2021/01/18/covid-data-analyst-rebekah-jones-is-arrested-tests-positive/

"The Governor will not win his war on science..."

In our last exciting episode of how the Florida world turns, COVID data heroine Rebekah Jones was being a royal pain-in-the-ass to all things Tallahassee Republican. In his rebuttal, Governor Ron DeSantis angrily told an assembled press that young Rebekah didn't know a damn thing about computers. Though cruel and uncalled for, DeSantis' diatribe may have contained a kernel of truth.

Recently an email sprang-up on multiple Florida DOH staffer inboxes that they should "speak up before another 17,000 people are dead." The DeSantis administration wasn't happy at all and immediately ordered the FDLE to swing into action. Well, it took them barely a few key strokes to be alerted that the URL the vicious "hate message" was sent from was located right in Tallahassee, from a computer owned by none other than one Rebekah Jones! Despite all her schooling, she never read the chapter on encrypting and creating fake URLs.

But nothing in the life of Jones is done without drama and choreography. When a warrant for her arrest was sent-out, Rebekah alerted all her friends at the Tampa Bay Times and other media outlets. If Joan of Arc had Rebekah's skill with the press, she would have lived to a ripe old age. With pomp-and-circumstance Rebekah Jones turned her self in-- posted $2,500 at a brief Monday court appearance-- and sprung herself out on bond. However, l
ow and behold, there was a surprise during her arrest and booking into jail. She tested positive for the coronavirus! There is no word if she is experiencing any symptoms. :sweat:

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Twitter suspends Rebekah Jones

"He was never particularly smart...but he was a master manipulator."

During the opening refrains of It Was Warm The Day We Met, a steamy novel derisively panned as a manifesto, Rebekah Jones demonstrated her talent as an erotic writer-- right up there alongside earlier 20th Century trailblazers like Jacqueline Susann and Erica Jong. But as a celebrity Covid-19 data scientist, she has a tendency to overestimate her intellectual and public relations abilities. That was true of Rebekah with her former lover Garrett and also with her present nemesis, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis. Although we men may be incapable of matching your female wits dear Rebekah, our dull brains are wired in series. And a whole bunch of good ol' boys in Tallahassee are more than capable of defeating one brilliant blonde.

I was fortunate enough to read all 342 pages of her unfinished draft. She writes in a graphic, over-the-top style of prose, alternately mixing passion with the pain of a woman abandoned and discarded like a plaything, with a child out of wedlock. It's a tedious trek through hundreds of pages of a failed relationship, punctuated with some of the best sexual passages you'll find anywhere.

Download the pdf if you must, it's online. Beware that my anti-virus was pinging as I did.

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Aside from Rebekah Jones being a woman, what does this have to do with women’s issues?
Serious question.

Florida sexual politics are right at the forefront of this battle between Ron DeSantis and Rebekah Jones. She is smart, progressive, attractive, blue-eyed and blonde. And a threat. If Rebekah looked like the late Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir then Ron DeSantis wouldn't have nearly the latitude to go after her.

This is a (Florida) women's issue. An a whole lotta fun to watch!

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm generally not in this fourm, and was genuinely hoping that this was a movie comparison, because I do like "romancing the stone"

They don't make memorable action-romantic movies like Romancing The Stone anymore. Perhaps Rebekah Jones can endeavor to be another great romance novelist like Joan Wilder...by first eliminating the tedious transcripts of interminable phone sex. :sleeping: :zzz:

Reactions: Stratavos

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Florida sexual politics are right at the forefront of this battle between Ron DeSantis and Rebekah Jones. She is smart, progressive, attractive, blue-eyed and blonde. And a threat. If Rebekah looked like the late Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir then Ron DeSantis wouldn't have nearly the latitude to go after her.

This is a (Florida) women's issue. An a whole lotta fun to watch!

can you break down what you mean by the Golda Meir comment?

I happen to be posting from a neighborhood she lived in for a while.

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Florida Covid Whistle-blower Rebekah Jones hopes to unseat Rep. Matt Gaetz

If anyone needs more unequivocal proof that Florida is the most entertaining Bizarro World state in the union, I present these two reality show personalities. One is a privileged, obnoxious, low-brow frat boy and the other an intellectual drama queen, driven as much by the desires of her vagina as her brain. I only conclude the later after digesting 342 pages of Rebekah's draft in-which she took readers on a grand tour of the most intimate parts of her womanhood, as they insatiably enveloped Garrett's manhood, her tender tissues transmitting signals that sent her body to the highest reaches of ecstasy.

Now there's a woman who would get my vote!!!

Reactions: Fredneck1951

Sagittarius84

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
can you break down what you mean by the Golda Meir comment?

I happen to be posting from a neighborhood she lived in for a while.
A common (and not objectively inaccurate) retort and/or backlash to progressive/liberal women is to call attention to their physical appearance and liken their pushback to conservative agendas as an inability to thrive within them because they don't necessarily conform to society's rules of conventional attractiveness. It's been a very effective tool in recruiting young men(men in general really) to conservative circles, because much like any other advertisement, men go where the physically attractive women are. To have a woman whose form adheres to the socially conservative translation of a desirable woman then take a decidedly unconservative stance publicly stands to upset that easy thing social conservatives rely upon.
Honestly I wish more conventionally attractive women that identify as liberal/ progressive would speak up and make themselves known in the same fashion.. it would help to upend a lot of narratives.