EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A few takeaways by me:

Good talk
I abhor the term "perky." And not because I'm jealous. It just sounds misogynistic.
I abhor underwires more.
My Mum told me to always wear a bra otherwise I will look like I belong in National Geographic. I'm sending her this video, but I know she won't watch it.
I have only one infant bra that's less than a year old. I've grown attached to its older siblings.

I have always identified as a cup size. And for most of my life I was wrong. I wore a 34G for years, and a professional fitter had me try a 32H. The heavens opened and the angels sang! Now I'm wondering if it was because it was a different manufacturer or what if the cup sizes were supposed to be the same. But there was a world of difference in the fit.

But despite my changing sizes my sports bra was a D cup that I squeezed into for years before it died. It lasted over 10 years, which was pretty amazing considering the stress I put on it.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
A few takeaways by me:

Good talk
I abhor the term "perky." And not because I'm jealous. It just sounds misogynistic.
I abhor underwires more.
My Mum told me to always wear a bra otherwise I will look like I belong in National Geographic. I'm sending her this video, but I know she won't watch it.
I have only one infant bra that's less than a year old. I've grown attached to its older siblings.

I have always identified as a cup size. And for most of my life I was wrong. I wore a 34G for years, and a professional fitter had me try a 32H. The heavens opened and the angels sang! Now I'm wondering if it was because it was a different manufacturer or what if the cup sizes were supposed to be the same. But there was a world of difference in the fit.

But despite my changing sizes my sports bra was a D cup that I squeezed into for years before it died. It lasted over 10 years, which was pretty amazing considering the stress I put on it.

Perky seems ageist, too. And I think I was perky for a month or three waaay back, and then again while lactating.
I came with the EarthMama Sway n Soft models right out of the gate. My B cups sagged alllll those years ago. Destined to be D (well, C/D line, mostly.

however, I love a use of the word perky used by a local comic.
He is a vet by trade, and has a bit about a guy coming in with his tarantula.
Now, the doc is no fan of spiders, and is actually afraid of them.
So SpiderDude is talking about how the tarantula is sick, not eating and lethargic, and the comic riffs on this:
“you mean he isn’t his usual perky spider self?”

The delivery gets me every time. My mental image is this goofy, grinning spider.

Reactions: EllieP

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Perky seems ageist, too. And I think I was perky for a month or three waaay back, and then again while lactating.
I came with the EarthMama Sway n Soft models right out of the gate. My B cups sagged alllll those years ago. Destined to be D (well, C/D line, mostly.

however, I love a use of the word perky used by a local comic.
He is a vet by trade, and has a bit about a guy coming in with his tarantula.
Now, the doc is no fan of spiders, and is actually afraid of them.
So SpiderDude is talking about how the tarantula is sick, not eating and lethargic, and the comic riffs on this:
“you mean he isn’t his usual perky spider self?”

The delivery gets me every time. My mental image is this goofy, grinning spider.

I used to be called perky for my attitude, never for any physical attribute. Now I'm more apt to be called sassy. That seems to be the word I'm hearing more often lately.