Why Are Small Dick Jokes Socially Excepted This Day And Age?

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Objectively false. I'm basing it on data that confirms a rising disparity in the quality of life of men and women. Things like how in lower class environments, women in recent years are becoming far more upwardly mobile than men. And if nothing else, an acknowledgement of some personal experienced that men do go through (the example I mentioned in the previous two replies).

Attractiveness privilege : the unearned advantages of physical attractivenesss

Poor Girls Are Leaving Their Brothers Behind

The relative impact of looks, income, warmth, and intelligence on female online dating preferences - ScienceDirect

Data like this (and conversations like the one in this thread) indicates a massive blindspot in common arguments made by intersectional feminists. It's an elephant in the room that can only be ignored for so long until it becomes weaponized by the toxic MRA crowd, so I'm of the opinion that we need to put more effort in beating them to the punch. Anyone not in an echo chamber who has their ear to the ground w/ what's going on politically already knows this.

The extent of what you just said: "you're getting pushback because you think you're better than us. you keep trying to blame men and keep suggesting this forum is toxic, but your attitude and the fact that you don't have any knowledge of what you're talking about like we do i the problem"

I've provided links (to twitch streams) that qualify the points I'm making, and am starting to link more sources now. If you don't mind, would you now qualify how/why anyone I'm engaging in these debates with has better arguments than me that take not only personal experience but broader context into consideration?

I agree some parts of this site are less toxic than others, and not all the men here are shitty.

Maybe you should start a thread about this since it's clearly important to you, and the rest of the questions in this section we can just reply for ourselves without having you bombard the thread with your information. Because more than one of us has told you it's condescending, dismissive of the rest of our replies, and doesn't even answer the question being asked by the OP.

Reactions: Mittimer
D

deleted848353

Oh give the fuck over your now coming across as a know it all bitch that thinks she can talk for all us other ladies who have been here a damn sight longer then you

ETA that's aimed at a certain female not any of the regular ladies

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I think it's funny too how you're the one @Brianne_24 who says basically everything you said in the "sex with ugly men" thread then comes in here and puts on this act of "feminists need to be more concerned with how our opinions impact men's mental health".

You're all over the place.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Is a Twitch stream the new Ted Talk?

More questions...do I really want to read all the posts?

Does everyone agree that not all statistics and references are not created equal?

Why are women being held responsible for the male demographic not having its collective shit together?

Why am I so lazy?

Will my desire for ramen override my desire to remain sedentary?

Where did I leave my glass of tea?

Why are least weasels so often over looked as spirit animals?

Brianne_24

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
It van be exhausting for me as well. And this kind of forum isn't exactly my first choice to make arguments like these. Please keep in mind I'm not interested in "winning a debate" so much as having discussions that minimize bias as much as possible. But I get that everyone has biases and agendas to some extent.

Reactions: deleted1547822

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
It van be exhausting for me as well. And this kind of forum isn't exactly my first choice to make arguments like these. Please keep in mind I'm not interested in "winning a debate" so much as having discussions that minimize bias as much as possible. But I get that everyone has biases and agendas to some extent.

This doesn't address any of the contradictions I mentioned. I'm not here to win anything either. I can go to the store and buy some cookies. I'm here to waste time, open minds, have mine expanded.

Brianne_24

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual

Honestly...at this point? Pretty much. I've learned more from streamers (stuff that's vouched for by my college professors) than any of the sociology, political science and philosophy classes I took in college. It's really good for sharpening your perspective, helping you deal with opposing viewpoints, and improving communication skills imo. At least it is when the streamers wither have a smart community in chat, or ignore chat altogether (or when there ARE a lot of trolls in chat, demonstrate for you how handle them most effectively)

Ms.M

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Shockingly enough, someone saying something on Instagram, TikTok, Twitch, or any other social platform doesn't mean it is in any way scientific, factual, or anything of the sort. Flat Earthers and Anti-Vaccination people are on those same platforms, along with plenty of generally ignorant folk.

I could say I can fly, without aid from anyone or anything on here, and that wouldn't make it truth, scientific, etc. Saying that same thing on Twitch wouldn't make it true either, other than that maybe I personally believe a thing. Anecdote doesn't beat other anecdote. They exist side by side, as separate examples of individual experiences.

Brianne_24

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
This doesn't address any of the contradictions I mentioned. I'm not here to win anything either. I can go to the store and buy some cookies. I'm here to waste time, open minds, have mine expanded.

Wait, did you already mention them? What were they again? : p

Ms.M

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

More questions...do I really want to read all the posts?

Does everyone agree that not all statistics and references are not created equal?

Why are women being held responsible for the male demographic not having its collective shit together?

Why am I so lazy?

Will my desire for ramen override my desire to remain sedentary?

Where did I leave my glass of tea?

Why are least weasels so often over looked as spirit animals?

People play video games, cook, fiber craft, eat/mukbang, and other various things on Twitch and some other platforms. It's owned by Amazon and it isn't in any way a scholastic platform. It's for entertainment

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Wait, did you already mention them? What were they again? : p

Reread some shit. I'm not repeating myself again.

Maybe take that advice and dig into the dead threads you haven't seen. I think it'll do you some good as for getting to know the community. You won't say silly shit about how feminist we are or are not. Or maybe you will, fuck it.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Honestly...at this point? Pretty much. I've learned more from streamers (stuff that's vouched for by my college professors) than any of the sociology, political science and philosophy classes I took in college. It's really good for sharpening your perspective, helping you deal with opposing viewpoints, and improving communication skills imo. At least it is when the streamers wither have a smart community in chat, or ignore chat altogether (or when there ARE a lot of trolls in chat, demonstrate for you how handle them most effectively)

Oh, bloody hell...

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Ummm, half kidding, if Twitch is better than school, maybe ask for your money back?

Seriously.

All the people who would LOVE a formal education but can't get it? Just hit up twitch!

: unamused: please tell me that comes off as sarcasm as much as it sounds completely stupid.

Ms.M

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Oh, bloody hell...

I saw photo and other evidence about a professor talking about how toothbrushes were either racist or sexist. I forget which, but either way, completely absurd. I'm not sad at all that I ended up going for a trade school rather than a major university. Granted, that was years ago, but still. If a bloody toothbrush is somehow "sexist" or "racist" rather than teaching about actual issues or science.......

Brianne_24

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
Shockingly enough, someone saying something on Instagram, TikTok, Twitch, or any other social platform doesn't mean it is in any way scientific, factual, or anything of the sort. Flat Earthers and Anti-Vaccination people are on those same platforms, along with plenty of generally ignorant folk.

I could say I can fly, without aid from anyone or anything on here, and that wouldn't make it truth, scientific, etc. Saying that same thing on Twitch wouldn't make it true either, other than that maybe I personally believe a thing. Anecdote doesn't beat other anecdote. They exist side by side, as separate examples of individual experiences.

Do you believe that objective truth exists, or that everything is subjective?

Several twitch streamers put enough care into their research and arguments for it to be accepted as current academic standard. Not to mention several actually ARE (or collaborate with) academics, scientists, philosophers, journalists, have worked for government intelligence, etc. And I agree w/ you that every bit of information found online (or offline) should always be questioned and critically assessed, sure. I just happen to hold opinions of public figures who put their hypotheses into action every day to a higher standard than people on a big dick message board who I don't know very well, if I'm being honest.

Ummm, half kidding, if Twitch is better than school, maybe ask for your money back?

I don't regret getting my degree. I don't think twitch is a substitute for higher education, but there are definitely streamers who are better educators than some college professors.

People play video games, cook, fiber craft, eat/mukbang, and other various things on Twitch and some other platforms. It's owned by Amazon and it isn't in any way a scholastic platform. It's for entertainment

There are also streaming networks dedicated to covering current events, facilitating political and philosophical conversations, but yea.

Reactions: deleted1547822

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I'll just say this.. content creators can absolutely have correct information in their content.

I don't cite the streamer as the source. Cuz they aren't the source. They're repeating someone else's research. I'll take *that* over the streamers take on it.

It's time for dinner, he's making me a fancy-ass steak. Been marinading all day. Fuck yeah.

Brianne_24

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
Seriously.

All the people who would LOVE a formal education but can't get it? Just hit up twitch!

There's really nothing unreasonable about this statement at all, honestly. It think it would be help if you watched the political and philosophical content before reaching conclusions, but anywho ^_^

Brianne_24

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
I'll just say this.. content creators can absolutely have correct information having their content.

I don't cite the streamer as the source.

It's time for dinner, he's making me a fancy-ass steak. Been marinading all day. Fuck yeah.

Who does? Fortunately there are many streamers who provide their sources for you if you ask ^_^

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
There's really nothing unreasonable about this statement at all, honestly. It think it would be help if you watched the political and philosophical content before reaching conclusions, but anywho ^_^

Watching streams on twitch doesn't give legitimate credentials.

I watch a lot of political content. Like, a fucking lot. So ..