Why the snarky/sarcastic replies?

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gillette, you keep talking about a group of women who are cunts/bitches/whatever because they don't agree with you. Not only is that cowardly but it is misogynistic.
I hadn't previously thought you stupid, Patchos, so I'm going to assume you're playing so intentionally to malign me.

Generally when I use those expressions it's in my first post on the subject of how certain women are routinely abusive of male OPs. As I'm not male and hadn't posted prior to my using the expression what was there of mine to disagree with?

Fuck all.

Your point fails again but better luck next time.

If you don't like what someone says, or the way they say it, put them on ignore.

I've been saying a version of this since I entered this thread.

I'm supposed to ignore all the vicious, knee-jerk man bashing and keep silent but the women with bugs up their asses are entitled to rip into anyone asking a question that rubs the wrong way instead of ignoring it.

You have the nerve to accuse me of hypocrisy? That's rich.

I'm actually glad you wrote that line. Now if you'd just repeat it to yourself until it sinks in that would be delightful.

Last edited:

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gillette, you're only taking aim at the women though. You conveniently ignore the fact that men shitpost all the time. That's why you're a hypocrite and your behaviour is misogynistic.

Also I'm suggesting you put people on ignore, I'm not dictating what you should post. That's the difference.

paigexox

Sexy Member
Media
*This is not directed at anyone specific*

Why not contact the specific individual(s) that you feel are making your LPSG experience more aversive and have a discussion with them directly. No threads that turn into a battle of wits, no tangential discussions, and no usage of vague finger pointing; simply mature discussion that is carried out with candor. I know that approach is harder and it will require a notch more confrontation, but if you are hoping to incite an actual change of behavior, it will be more effective.

Also, it tends to help if you can concede to at least one point on the other side of the argument.

/Punchin' Out,
Paige

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
*This is not directed at anyone specific*

Why not contact the specific individual(s) that you feel are making your LPSG experience more aversive and have a discussion with them directly. No threads that turn into a battle of wits, no tangential discussions, and no usage of vague finger pointing; simply mature discussion that is carried out with candor. I know that approach is harder and it will require a notch more confrontation, but if you are hoping to incite an actual change of behavior, it will be more effective.

Also, it tends to help if you can concede to at least one point on the other side of the argument.

/Punchin' Out,
Paige

This^^

I actually did this today.. and it worked fine. The guy was very polite, and apologized for making a mistake.

Paige, such a lady :)

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Gillette, you're only taking aim at the women though. You conveniently ignore the fact that men shitpost all the time. That's why you're a hypocrite and your behaviour is misogynistic.
Outside of the Politics forum WI & AAW are the only places where it's an epidemic of OPs getting ripped into for having posted at all. It's the same select members who are doing it constantly and they happen to be women. That isn't misogyny on my part. It's the simple reality of what's going on.

I don't bother with it in the Politics forum because I'm not interested in politics and can't be arsed going in there with any regularity. On the other hand, as a woman I read and participate in WI & AAW frequently so I do have a vested interest in keeping it civil. Again not misogyny, not hypocrisy.

Would you like to try another tack? This one doesn't seem to be working for you.

Also I'm suggesting you put people on ignore, I'm not dictating what you should post.
But you are. You're trying to dictate that I post nothing.

You want me to post nothing in opposition to those I find malicious by having them on ignore. Meanwhile, the Castrating Catty Klatch can continue to rip into those to whom they've taken a dislike instead of doing the same.

That's the difference.
Sorry not seeing it. It's still advice you yourself haven't put into practice as evidenced by your participation in AtYourCervix's thread.

Popular opinion seems to be that he's not worth anyone's time, and yet...

And without his thread being posted in WI or AAW, no less!

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Yes, and I agree with her, as I posted earlier.. I think the CCC and BBB was too far. However I also think Gillette made some good points aside from her "distasteful language".

I just pointed out that Paige's suggestion works in other situations too... like when a person asks the women to rate his cock here or re-posts a question we've seen a dozen times.

I also agree that it's not just the women who say some shitty things sometimes.. We all know there are some assholes on the site too.. but why stoop to that level and treat the majority of the men here like they're all jerks too? I just think the wit can wait until it's deserved.

That being said, I am not trying to dictate anything, I'm only having a discussion and making suggestions. If people don't take them, oh well. It really is just a suggestion.

Really, that's all I meant. .

Last edited:

fluffychocolate

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Then what's the problem? The men's crazy is meeting the women's crazy. The site is dedicated to dicks and people either have one or act like one and sometimes both. The sane can just sit back and be entertained.

Yes it is. Which calls to question the sanity of the women who persist in flaming new OPs despite the fact it has never achieved the stated goal.

Real life isn't dedicated to dicks. This site is. A little forebearance is in order.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Then what's the problem? The men's crazy is meeting the women's crazy.
You may have lost the plot somewhat.

Select women are all too frequently having their "crazy", as you put it, on new thread starters who, unbeknownst to them (no crazy involved), ask questions that those women are fed up with.

The crazy is one sided.

If I'm tired of something I stop doing it. I don't continue to do it but in a hostile manner. If you don't like the question for whatever reason, don't answer it. It's so simple.

Last edited:

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Outside of the Politics forum WI & AAW are the only places where it's an epidemic of OPs getting ripped into for having posted at all.

This is so incredibly disingenuous. Or you are just blind.

It's the same select members who are doing it constantly and they happen to be women. That isn't misogyny on my part. It's the simple reality of what's going on.

Ok, now I realise you're just seeing what you want to see. At least I can be honest about seeing shitposting from men and women.

I don't bother with it in the Politics forum because I'm not interested in politics and can't be arsed going in there with any regularity.

How convenient. If you did take a look in Politics, you'd see many examples of people, mostly men, getting warned and banned for name calling, etc. But that doesn't fit in to your narrative that only women are cunts, does it?

On the other hand, as a woman I read and participate in WI & AAW frequently so I do have a vested interest in keeping it civil. Again not misogyny, not hypocrisy.

It is hypocritical because you are only looking at parts of the forum where more women than men are posting. And you're claiming not to see where men post the exact kind of snarky sarcastic comments that women do. Furthermore, you seem unable to identify, or deliberately ignore, instances where threads or comments contain overt or subtle examples of sexism or enforce negative sterotypes of women. You suggest women be civil in response. That is how your behaviour is misogynistic.

Would you like to try another tack? This one doesn't seem to be working for you.

No, I've explained myself quite clearly and convincingly.

But you are. You're trying to dictate that I post nothing.

You want me to post nothing in opposition to those I find malicious by having them on ignore. Meanwhile, the Castrating Catty Klatch can continue to rip into those to whom they've taken a dislike instead of doing the same.

You can post as much misogyny as you want.

Sorry not seeing it. It's still advice you yourself haven't put into practice as evidenced by your participation in AtYourCervix's thread.

I made a perfectly reasonable comment in that thread. It's probably the only real solution to the OP's issue. I don't see any reason why I shouldn't have posted.

You're misunderstanding the suggestion to put people on ignore. You seem to not like the tone of some posters, that's why I made the suggestion. There's nothing much you can do about the content though, unless it's against the ToS.

Popular opinion seems to be that he's not worth anyone's time, and yet...

I'm not concerned with popular opinion. IDGAF who other people like or dislike.

And without his thread being posted in WI or AAW, no less!

fluffychocolate

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No I got it. You think we should ignore the posts in WI and AAW we don't like instead of snark on it regardless of how many times the same topics are posted. That doesn't seem to work though because there are threads that go unanswered and still they keep posting away the same threads.

So since logic doesn't seem to work why not meet insanity for insanity?

You may have lost the plot somewhat.

Select women are all too frequently having their "crazy", as you put it, on new thread starters who, unbeknownst to them (no crazy involved), ask questions that those women are fed up with.

The crazy is one sided.

If I'm tired of something I stop doing it. I don't continue to do it but in a hostile manner. If you don't like the question for whatever reason, don't answer it. It's so simple.

D

deleted464787

No I got it. You think we should ignore the posts in WI and AAW we don't like instead of snark on it regardless of how many times the same topics are posted. That doesn't seem to work though because there are threads that go unanswered and still they keep posting away the same threads.

So since logic doesn't seem to work why not meet insanity for insanity?

I tried that with the angry bi--... I mean women in the other thread and all that did was escalate the shitstorm you guys had already started. No seriously, you shoulda seen the estrogen-induced rage-fit they threw.

From experience, that clearly doesnt work. :)

Serial Kisser

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I tried that with the angry bi--... I mean women in the other thread and all that did was escalate the shitstorm you guys had already started. No seriously, you shoulda seen the estrogen-induced rage-fit they threw.

From experience, that clearly doesnt work. :)

You're escalating it too. You're just as bad.

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This thread was a shit-stir from the beginning and just an excuse to call women bitches, cunts, and various other slurs.

D

deleted464787

This thread was a shit-stir from the beginning and just an excuse to call women bitches, cunts, and various other slurs.

If thats all you got out of this thread thus far, then I really have no purpose in dignifying that with a proper response. No matter how many times I explain that its only a few select women, some people will think its a sweeping generalization and read what they want to read.

And Serial Kisser, Ive been more respectful to you, than youve been to me, or to any of the new posters who come here asking a question (can you believe the nerve? he had the nerve to ask YOU a question) that youre oh-so-tired of hearing. Just sayin'...

Serial Kisser

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If thats all you got out of this thread thus far, then I really have no purpose in dignifying that with a proper response. No matter how many times I explain that its only a few select women, some people will think its a sweeping generalization and read what they want to read.

And Serial Kisser, Ive been more respectful to you, than youve been to me, or to any of the new posters who come here asking a question (can you believe the nerve? he had the nerve to ask YOU a question) that youre oh-so-tired of hearing. Just sayin'...

I don't seek your respect. I don't hold you in high esteem so why would your opinion matter to me? I'm pointing out the fact that you're sitting there stirring the proverbial pot as well. It's very hypocritical and you created the very responses you complain about.

Last edited:

Patchos

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
None of the women here think they are snarky sarcastic bitches worthy of condescension from you. If you have a problem with any of the women here then you should PM them directly instead of creating deliberately incendiary threads.

History dictates this thread will likely be locked by the mods so your trolling is pointless.

Last edited: