Women, Dieting & A Late Diet Guru

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Joe and Gwen Lara - Remnant Fellowship

On Saturday a privately-owned Cessna Citation 501 S/P (N66BK) crashed on departure out of Smryna, Tennessee. Aboard were seven people including Joe and Gwen Lara. I have never heard of either, but years ago when Joe was more in-shape with concave cheeks and flowing locks he played Tarzan in a short TV series. His wife, eight-years his senior, was a renown diet guru. She used Jesus as a novel approach to lose weight.

Lately, with summer quickly approaching, I'd like to lose roughly 5 to 10 pounds off my once dashing 6' 4" middle-aged body. Usually I cuss, put-on some tennie-pumper New Balance running shoes and pound a 10K jogging route around Back Bay in Newport Beach. Oh, and I quite drinking beer and spout Friedrich Nietzsche's famous quote "that which does not kill me makes me stronger!"

Clearly her dieting technique must appeal more to the fairer sex. Have any women here employed praying to shed love handles? Have you seen any dieting videos put-out by this couple? And does dieting to Jesus account for Gwen Lara's extraordinarily unusual appearance?

In the wake of Saturday's crash in Tennessee the following on YouTube is very relevant, if-only because all the passengers aboard in the video were also aboard the ill-fated Citation jet. The plane they are flying-in here is a Mitsubishi Marquise turboprop, built decades ago by the Japanese manufacturer. It was not the accident aircraft but likely one previously owned (and flown) by Joe Lara as recently as 2020. He may well have upgraded only recently to the pure turbine Citation, with extremely limited P.I.C. (pilot in command) experience in the single-pilot certified jet.

https://www.youty

Last edited:

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Former ‘Tarzan’ Star Joe Lara Is Dead At 58 After A Plane Crash

For anyone who is following this news story, it's been reported that Joe Lara was flying with an expired medical certificate. Why is this significant? He was piloting an aircraft under FAA Part 91 rules which state the Pilot in Command shall hold at least a current FAA Class 3 medical taken within the previous 24 calendar months. Further, if Tarzan had recently upgraded from his previous bug-smasher prop plane into the Pratt & Whitney JT15D turbine powered Citation, it required that he obtain additional training (hopefully at FlightSafety International) and a type rating. The first damn thing an FAA check pilot asks for before an initial rating check ride is a) for your ATP or whatever level pilot certificate you hold and b) your current Class 1, 2 or 3 medical certificate. Did Joe Lara feel his piloting abilities were such that he didn't need a "minor" FAA legal technicality as a type rating in order to fly the creampuff, straight-wing Cessna Citation 501?

Sorry for the small vector off the dieting airways. At least I didn't invoke the aviation classic God Is My Co-Pilot (1943) by Brig. General Robert L. Scott.

Last edited:

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I have no interest in advice on life from any "guru".

I also don't diet. I eat as healthy as I can afford to, and I enjoy myself.

I'm also fully, thoroughly, unapologetically atheist. So none of what this woman says applies to me, as a woman.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
OK Scarletbegonia, but as one with an engineering degree you are a bit of an outlier with respect to Gwen Lara's target demographic.
I have a journalism degree, some law school, and a massage therapy certification (several, actually). I’m an aerospace engineer’s daughter, so I had certain ways of thinking taught as a kid.

Also, I am midway through a nutrition certificate. So bro science and woo isn’t helpful.
But I can learn much from how they market!

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Former ‘Tarzan’ Star Joe Lara Is Dead At 58 After A Plane Crash

For anyone who is following this news story, it's been reported that Joe Lara was flying with an expired medical certificate. Why is this significant? He was piloting an aircraft under FAA Part 91 rules which state the Pilot in Command shall hold at least a current FAA Class 3 medical taken within the previous 24 calendar months. Further, if Tarzan had recently upgraded from his previous bug-smasher prop plane into the Pratt & Whitney JT15D turbine powered Citation, it required that he obtain additional training (hopefully at FlightSafety International) and a type rating. The first damn thing an FAA check pilot asks for before an initial rating check ride is a) for your ATP or whatever level pilot certificate you hold and b) your current Class 1, 2 or 3 medical certificate. Did Joe Lara feel his piloting abilities were such that he didn't need a "minor" FAA legal technicality as a type rating in order to fly the creampuff, straight-wing Cessna Citation 501?

Sorry for the small vector off the dieting airways. At least I didn't invoke the aviation classic God Is My Co-Pilot (1943) by Brig. General Robert L. Scott.
Wait on NTSB.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I have no interest in advice on life from any "guru".

I also don't diet. I eat as healthy as I can afford to, and I enjoy myself.

I'm also fully, thoroughly, unapologetically atheist. So none of what this woman says applies to me, as a woman.
I’m a “probably theist” or “positive agnostic” JuBu who does, indeed pray, and it falls flat with me, too.
But, I have no belief in a skydaddy god that monitors creation.
G-d likely is a quark, the essence of creating. And yeah, we are stardust.

Mittimer

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
...ok, so..no... Just no.

Jesus doesn't take your pounds off.

Anymore than any other diety would. If you believe in them, any of them or all of them, they doesn't exist for your cosmetic pleasure.

A "guru" is a silly word for a silly person. Generally someone full of shit. So, no, I wouldn't take advice from any of them for any sort of anything.

I've been watching what I eat for two years now. And I've lost over 70lbs, and aim to lose more while maintaining my same process, nary a diety involved.

If she believes that Jesus helped her, cool beans. That's on her. Use whatever motivation you want to. Just not my thing.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My inner evil compels me to say this...

Have you seen this woman's chosen hair style? Jesus clearly did not guide this woman's hand. Or, guide Gwen to a skill hair dresser.

ETA: speaking ill of the dead doesn't apply to people who use religion as a tool to bilk monies and to pass off what is clearly an eating disorder as health/diet coaching.

Last edited:

Mittimer

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual

Have you seen this woman's chosen hair style? Jesus clearly did not guide this woman's hand. Or, guide Gwen to a skill hair dresser.

ETA: speaking ill of the dead doesn't apply to people who use religion as a tool to bilk monies and to pass off what is clearly an eating disorder as health/diet coaching.
I can say amen to all this :p

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Oh MickeyLee I was absolutely stunned by her hair. Either she spend hours teasing and spraying nuclear gunk into it, or she bought one of the cheapest wigs of all time. There seem to be an amazing number of deep south Bible-thumping lunatics of both sexes with a Bizzaro look out of an insane asylum. :eek:

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
65aef7f44361a86a9f62bdec28b9d4bf.gif

Alternately
4232d85799250685238b7a2f3a58b497.png

Goddess bless Dolly Parton.

Last edited:

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I love Dolly and Dolly's big hair. Her style isn't teased and shellacked with product*. Ms Dolly wears hair art. Top quality wigs thick enough to hold the style. 50s beehive meets 18th century aristocrat at a Bible Belt Church potluck.

Not sure were or when the rat nest combover came into being. My guess is right around the time Aquanet released Maximum Hold into the market.

Money can't buy taste. It can buy hairspray by the case.

*actually her hair is teased and sprayed, but all the how is disguised skillfully. In my head there is a series of girders and buttresses keeping the bouffant and snatched.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's Texas hair! Looks like what I wore to my senior prom with my soon-to-be ex-husband. I will personally hunt down and shoot anyone who unearths that photo and posts it. I'm serious! Awful!

But I know for a fact that I could easily start a church and makes a lot of money as a preacher. I know all the words! I know the Christian Bible from head to toe. My biggest roadblock to my road to success is that I happen to have morals.

MisterB

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Dolly Parton is EVERYTHING! I've heard her use this line a few times in interviews and it always cracks me up: It takes a lot of money to look this cheap! I. LOVE. DOLLY. PARTON. :heart_eyes:

Now, staying on topic, this thread gave me an idea: How much coin someone could make if they took this "concept" of praying to lose weight to...praying for a bigger peen! A Large Peen Support Guru. Sure hope LPSG's acronym is trademarked, lol!

Imagine the haul you could make in a MegaChurch devoted to guruing and praying for a MegaPeen! Those evangelicals will line up by the millions I tell ya. Millions. You could have multi-services 24/7. Drive-thru services.

And then add in the issue that I've been reading about the anti-vaxxers who've gotten Covid-19 and now suffer from erectile dysfunction. You could have a Pray for a Stiffie services for them. Dear Lord, please have mercy on poor ol' Carl. Ever since he suffered the virus, his willy has gone wonky. Have mercy on his poor floppy. ;)

Could be epic it tell ya. Epic.

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's Texas hair! Looks like what I wore to my senior prom with my soon-to-be ex-husband. I will personally hunt down and shoot anyone who unearths that photo and posts it. I'm serious! Awful!

But I know for a fact that I could easily start a church and makes a lot of money as a preacher. I know all the words! I know the Christian Bible from head to toe. My biggest roadblock to my road to success is that I happen to have morals.

EllieP, I think Paula White is M.I.A. down in Tampa. If you ever get bored you could don the giant hair, bilious red lipstick and wacko eyebrow look, then preach to the masses. The only drawback is the warehouse building Paula White and her ex-husband Randy once used is now Cigar City Brewing.

I discovered another video of the pious, obviously in-love couple. Watch as Joe gazes lovingly into her eyes on the couch. How the hell did a guy who graduated from Newport Harbor High (Class of 1981) in Newport Beach turn into that? And he didn't get married until he was 55!