Workouts...

What are your favorite workout routines??? And music you listen to while working out? I love taking a jog outside or elliptical when too cold. Usually Hip-Hop is my jam for workouts, but this past week I have been blasting Shinedown and SOAD! Always looking for best tummy workouts! Thanks!

Snarky_succubus

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Chest, shoulders, triceps is probably my favorite. Today was bench 135 lbs for 17 reps, 135 for 14 reps with 25lb lateral raises before each set to warm up my shoulders... then 185 for 10ish (I lost count). 225 for 2 sets of 6, 245 for 3, 225/5, 135 to failure.
Then 100lb overhead press 6-8 reps for 3 sets, then laterals. dropsets with 20 and 15lb dumbbells for 4 sets. Then chest dip machine w/4 plates, 10-15 reps for 3 sets...

Then tricep extension dropsets from around 60lbs down to around 40 to failure... 3 sets.

I listen to anything from Amy winehouse to nelly... to godsmack.... I’m all over ther board

Attachments

No music for me.
I primarily do free weights, and keep telling myself I need to start running. Thing is, I truly enjoy lifting and really don't at all enjoy running.
Running is overrated haha! Unless you’re running for your life lol!

Reactions: JD4472 and bigD-Ben

halcyondays

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Swimming, cycling and free weights are my favorites. No music in pool or on the bike. Music (eclectic) or TV while doing weights. I do most of my ab work in front to the telly to break the inertia of couch potatohood.

Abs? I do 500+ crunches a day (25-30 min) often combined with leg lifts or kicks with my shoulders off the floor to really isolate them. I always lose count so I use a timer on my phone to tell me when to stop. I also measure cardio in time not laps or miles.

https://www.madbarz.com/blog/71-10-killer-abs-exercises-that-will-blow-your-m

Reactions: twoton

devils2004

Loved Member
Media
What are your favorite workout routines??? And music you listen to while working out? I love taking a jog outside or elliptical when too cold. Usually Hip-Hop is my jam for workouts, but this past week I have been blasting Shinedown and SOAD! Always looking for best tummy workouts! Thanks!

I like elliptical, keeps my girls from going all over the place. I usually double up on the sports bra lol

Reactions: 1209489

BWPHOENIX

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Running is overrated haha! Unless you’re running for your life lol!

Couldn’t agree more. I stopped running when I finished playing sports and was no longer ordered to do so by my coaches. I still do cardio, but when I do I’ll use a machine so that I can measure my performance on a practical scale, such as calories burned or distance traveled.

As for lifting, I’m still in the old school of free weights and dumbbells.

Reactions: twoton and 1209489

b3ar

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Cardio in the morning when im trying to lean down and weights at lunch. I normally stick to one body part a day so I don't burn too many calories. I really don't keep a specific rep range because I love to always keep my muscles wondering what's next. For example...Today is my leg day and I'm going to start with three sets of 20 on the leg extension and leg curls then I'm hoping to push 315 for 5 sets of 10 on squats. I'll follow it up with 3 sets of 8 heavy reps on leg press and then finish off with a drop set of walking lunges (focusing on the stretch) to get the muscles engorged with blood. Then I'll probably go to the bathroom and throw up. LOL
As for the music... Believe it or not I Jam to reggae.

Snarky_succubus

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Chest, shoulders, triceps is probably my favorite. Today was bench 135 lbs for 17 reps, 135 for 14 reps with 25lb lateral raises before each set to warm up my shoulders... then 185 for 10ish (I lost count). 225 for 2 sets of 6, 245 for 3, 225/5, 135 to failure.
Then 100lb overhead press 6-8 reps for 3 sets, then laterals. dropsets with 20 and 15lb dumbbells for 4 sets. Then chest dip machine w/4 plates, 10-15 reps for 3 sets...

Then tricep extension dropsets from around 60lbs down to around 40 to failure... 3 sets.

I listen to anything from Amy winehouse to nelly... to godsmack.... I’m all over ther board
I just realized that pic was attached to my post. I don’t know how or why that happened lol Wasn’t trying to be a random blow-hard. Sorry.

kewlkid75

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't listen to music when i jog..I need to be able to hear the cars as i am jogging and in case someone is running behind me. I love HIIT- High Intensity Interval Training, I love strength training for upper body and lower body, love yoga and core fusion workouts. Pilates, kettlebells, and workouts that are little off the cuff..sweaty, but fun when its over.

Reactions: nailz and 1209489

temsike

Sexy Member
Media
As a 60 year old I do 2 days (M&R) per week of whole body resistance training and 4 days (TWFS) of cardio/yoga or tennis.

I always use my wireless headphones listening to a Pandora medley combination of smooth jazz, funk, rock, country, disco, and latin music.

Hieronymous

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lately, it’s been a couple days each week of heavy sets: deadlifts, squats, rows, weighted pull-ups, etc. Then another couple days of high intensity super-sets, pyramids, etc. with short rest periods. Usually 35 to 50 minutes of this with some sort of all-out finisher. I’m consuming large volumes of oxygen during these. :-D Very intense, but challenging and fun. Have noticed great changes in physique in a short time.

I love all kinds of music, although I’m not a big fan of that electronic stuff. My favorite? Good ol’ 80s rock! :)

find83

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Usually into push-pull splits now I find they work better for my body type. I try to hit the gym between 3-5 times a week depending on the type of routine I design. I use the general exercises but with more focus on power and functional strength with a few added bicep curls and skullcrushers to make the arms pop( Arms are so hard for me to grow). As for music I usually love Hip-hop for weight training ( more old school like Dilla, Blackmilk, Elzhi, common j-cole, Danny Brown) and Electronic if doing cardio

Big4Asia

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Very into simple 30 minute HIIT at the moment.... stretches, then mountain climbers, burpees, pull ups, push ups, kettle swinger, overhead press, rows... in some kind of rapid order. Heart rate up before hitting the weights