Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hello ladies,

I was just wondering on your thoughts on virgins, I know one of the stereotypes is for men to want to be with a virgin but I have never known a woman's thoughts on it.

The reason that I am asking is I am a 38 year old virgin that has never dated but I am now feeling like I would like to change that. I am currently on a few dating sites and some of those have questionairs on them and from what I can see from those most women would prefer to have a man that is more sexualy experienced than they are.

Would a man being a virgin be a turn off for you and make it so you would not want to date that person?

Would you want the person to be up front and tell you this and if so when do you think a good time to bring it up would be?

Sorry for rambling I am a little nervous asking this.

Thank you for taking your time to read this and any information you feel like providing is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Ito.

rtg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
If I met a guy that I really liked then I wouldn't care. His sexual experience or lack of doesn't define him, just like it doesn't define a woman.

Here's some tips:
- don't mention this to women straight away. They may think you are weird or creepy for bringing it up straight away, because it would probably come across as insecure. Only mention it if you go out with a woman a few times and you really like each other.
- don't ask women how many men they've been with.
- don't make a big deal out of you being a virgin or about how many men she's slept with (if she voluntarily tells you).

The most important thing to realise is that women like confidence. Don't let your virginity define you and make you appear weak or insecure.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If I met a guy that I really liked then I wouldn't care. His sexual experience or lack of doesn't define him, just like it doesn't define a woman.

Here's some tips:
- don't mention this to women straight away. They may think you are weird or creepy for bringing it up straight away, because it would probably come across as insecure. Only mention it if you go out with a woman a few times and you really like each other.
- don't ask women how many men they've been with.
- don't make a big deal out of you being a virgin or about how many men she's slept with (if she voluntarily tells you).

The most important thing to realise is that women like confidence. Don't let your virginity define you and make you appear weak or insecure.
All of this seems spot-on to me.

If I truly care about someone and am interested in them, I'm willing to do a bit of teaching. I haven't had good experiences in the past with complete sexual novices, but I'm not completely against it. I would really have to be otherwise compatible with the person, though. And part of the compatibility for a romantic relationship is sex and kinkiness for me. So as a theoretical, if someone I had started seeing knew at least some of their BDSM interests, but was a novice as far as actual intercourse, I would consider it.

On the other hand, my partner is a novice with BDSM but was very sexually experienced, to match my own experiences. I'm slowly introducing him and teaching him about BDSM.

For me, someone completely unversed in everything trying to pursue me, at this point in my life? Highly unlikely to be considered, but if I ended up single, I'm not saying it's a "no" written in stone. I am a fairly experienced kinkster and have had around 60 sexual partners though, so my standards aren't likely to be the norm for a lot of people.

I agree with "don't bring it up immediately" as well as don't make a huge deal about it. Insecurity isn't an attractive trait. I'm not saying you are insecure or that you should be insecure in any way, but trying to say how you may bring it up and the context around the conversation when you do mention it probably should be taken into account.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I actually know a woman who has a thing for virgin men.

If I put myself in the hypothetical thingy here where I was available and met a man like yourself, if there was a connection/attraction thingy going on between us, I'd have no problems.

• Love
Reactions: Ito and rtg