Zoom Vs Old-skool C2c?

Zoom VS Chat Rooms?

• Total voters

Chubby89

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
CHUBB 28 HERE WILLING TO DO WITH YOU WHAT YOU TELL ME TO DO. EDGING. CONTROLLING.. JUST DONT BE BORING PLEASE.. WAITING ON SKYPE RIGHT NOW..

CHUBBYFUN89

THATS MY SKYPE ID...

V

victor_b

40 m USA. 5 11, 170. Married, white, 7 cut and thick. Looking for similar...

Skype me at victor_b160

BigBulgeMan

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
C2C LPSG Group Room had many interests :
  • connexion with LPSG id… It was really easy to «learn more» about some people, by visiting his/her LPSG's profile, pics, or informations,
  • easier to connect even for a short period,
  • private chat (even video chat) with some (multiple) people during the general chat
  • random meeting of an interesting person connected at the same time ...
Zoom sessions are more like Skype group session. It's Ok fro what it is, and Zoom may be more practical for a large audience to to join. But that's not the same things at all than previous LPSG chat. Is there any solution to implement that kind of service after Flash Player disparition ?

french_toast

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I don't know if this question is still relevant since you guys have already been working on an alternative to our flash-dependant chat, but here's my two cents now that I can say I've tried both options.

Zoom is fun and does remind me of the few times I used tinychat to cam with guys. It does seem convenient for people who don't want to spend too much time chatting and just want to get down to business. Guys seem to show up, cam already turned on, and just work from there. It also seems like a good way to attract new faces (although not many faces were seen). I guess a bunch of people who don't use LPSG's chat will like LPSG zoom meetings. Saves them the trouble of having to find available people to skype with.

A chat room is also fun, and has a different purpose I guess. You can still cam there, but I like having the OPTION to chose who to share my cam with, and the option to mute people. Regarding cams, I miss the times when people would face cam on LPSG simply to have fun chats... I remember ladies and friends, and I wonder if those times could be brought back with a new chat. I know for sure it'd feel weird to face cam on Zoom alongside all the other... non faced... cams.
The chat room was also great for, well, chatting. Not sure Zoom is really adapted for that.

I think the chat room was a great tool and one that could have been made better still, with potential to attract more members to it. I'm glad to know you are working on an alternative, because I for one would miss it if nothing was done to "bring it back". Zoom DOES seem like a fun option though, and like I said, it's interesting to see people there who would normally not bother logging onto the chat. Maybe bring back chat, AND schedule some regular Zoom meetings? That would allow the forum people and the chat people to mix and mingle a bit on cam :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ronin001

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have not tried the Zoom chat as of yet ; but I have many fond memories of the LPSG chat room.
Kind of what @french_toast mentioned before. Chat gave one the option to have a public cam, so that anyone who wanted to see; and a private cam function, where the cam owner, has to allow someone to view them

Chat also gave one the option to turn off someone's view capacity, should they get a little too purvey.; or step too far over a line

I have see a few reviews of the zoom, meetings ; and they look positive thus far

Cheers

LPSG Simon

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Media
I have not tried the Zoom chat as of yet ; but I have many fond memories of the LPSG chat room.
Kind of what @french_toast mentioned before. Chat gave one the option to have a public cam, so that anyone who wanted to see; and a private cam function, where the cam owner, has to allow someone to view them

Chat also gave one the option to turn off someone's view capacity, should they get a little too purvey.; or step too far over a line

I have see a few reviews of the zoom, meetings ; and they look positive thus far

Cheers
Yeah! they're a lot of fun. I like the meetup aspect of them. With the drop in 24/7 format, things can get a little bit flat because people aren't necessarily all coming together like a gathering.

The features that you mention are in the list of requirements for what we are working on. :)

Reactions: ronin001

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yeah! they're a lot of fun. I like the meetup aspect of them. With the drop in 24/7 format, things can get a little bit flat because people aren't necessarily all coming together like a gathering.

The features that you mention are in the list of requirements for what we are working on. :)

See you in the chat room, when you get it back up and running

LPSG Simon

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Media
With that said, here's a question regarding LPSG organized Zoom meetings :

How does LPSG keep track if anyone wants to report a breaking of the TOS? Is the call recorded in any way?
The meetings are not recorded in any way. I have turned all of those options off. To my knowledge, I dont think that they are recordable any more than any other end user would be able to accomplish.