What is the ideal body type that you'd like to strive for?

bkmuscledad

Superior Member
Media
How do you describe yourself now?
Would you like to have a body like:
a competitive bodybuilder?
a fitness model?
a swimmer?
a rugby player?
a power lifter?
another body type?
Is there an athlete, model or celebrity who would be your target build?

DSF140

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I think a fitness model / physique competitor body is what I'm striving for. A hardcore competitive bodybuilder physique is out of the cards for me. As for a celebrity who is consistant with his bodybuilding, I'd have to strive to be like Mark Walberg. He posted a short video clip of him shirtless this past New Year's Eve, and probably because he was wearing sunglasses where you couldn't see his age in his eyes, he looked 27, not the 47 that he is. Most of the "celebrities" with hot bods just get the bod for a particular film, then they let their bodies go to shit.

Reactions: bkmuscledad

Gj816

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I've got the Dad body now. A little boy fat, love handles.

I don't really want to look like a body builder. I just want to be leaner, where I can see a six pack, definition in my arms, legs, and abs. I suppose fitness model. I am aiming for tight to ripped. I'll know it when I get there.

aldawg

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I love a hot swimmer's build....broad shoulders and small waist...flat stomach...some definition but not overly big. I'm naturally a thicker build than that, so I don't think I could ever have that look, but if I could choose.....

DSF140

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
The one thing I don't like about a real swimmer's build (I know that people use the term loosely) is that the pecs are disproportionately large compared to the delts and all of the back muscles. You also mentioned "some definition." You won't get a lot of definition because the swimmer's body will naturally retain a layer of fat because being in the relatively cold water makes the body store some insulation. All that being said, competitive swimmers are indeed hot.

DSF140

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I already get a lot of Hulk comments so I might as well run with it.
Dude, your ARE the Hulk. Run with it and all it entails: going nearly naked in green paint on Halloween to begin with, etc. !

socalfreak

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well....
Way back when I started getting interested in working out...
I was a stick. 5'9" and 115 lbs. Stayed that way five years after high school.
I hated it.
I just wanted to get bigger. Like most young guys, I lifted like a fool & ate like crap. Lol
My ideal physique at that time was Paul Orndorff. He was WWE wrestler and former football player.
I was definitely being a bit ambitious. Lol.
Later, when I got into MMA/jujitsu tournaments, I just wanted to look durable. So, my opponents wouldn't get the idea they could break me.
After that, @Snarky_succubus and I met & were talking about physiques we liked.
At that point, I really didn't have any goals other than staying strong and healthy, as opportunities to compete would pop up occasionally.
She showed me what Tom Hardy looked like in "Warrior". So, I set out to do something similar. I think my conditioning is actually a little better than his now.
I'm somewhere in between a bodybuilder and fighter.... I'm ok with that.
My goal this year is to put on roughly 15 lbs, just to see how it suits me.
If I didn't have other people/things to consider, I'd probably try and go overboard & try to look like Rich Piana. But, my girl put the brakes on that idea. "No. That's too much. I'm not gonna wipe your ass for you.".
Lol

Snarky_succubus

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Well....
I hated it.
I just wanted to get bigger. Like most young guys, I lifted like a fool & ate like crap. Lol
My ideal physique at that time was Paul Orndorff. He was WWE wrestler and former football player.
Later, when I got into MMA/jujitsu tournaments, I just wanted to look durable. So, my opponents wouldn't get the idea they could break me.
At that point, I really didn't have any goals other than staying strong and healthy, as opportunities to compete would pop up occasionally.
She showed me what Tom Hardy looked like in "Warrior". So, I set out to do something similar. I think my conditioning is actually a little better than his now.
If I didn't have other people/things to consider, I'd probably try and go overboard & try to look like Rich Piana. But, my girl put the brakes on that idea. "No. That's too much. I'm not gonna wipe your ass for you.".
Lol
It's true... I'm not gonna. Can you imagine the protein craps? OMFG. NO.

As for my ideal... *shrug*
I'm not lean enough and don't have the right proportions for competitive bodybuilding. I'm bigger than most crossfitters. Not the typical powerlifter physique either (or at least not the image that comes up in people's minds). I couldn't even really pick anybody's body that I'd say is my goal. I just want to be a better version of me than I was yesterday. I don't much care for the severe taper of a bodybuilder physique. I like my thick core and big traps... Crossfit chicks have a shape I prefer. So, I guess if I had to choose one that'd be it... just... bigger :)

DSF140

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Well....
I hated it.
Lol
Dude, your story is incredibly impressive. I thought that I made big gains starting out at 5' 7" and 110 pounds, but you're running circles backwards around me. I want to grow up to be you! You're definitely this evening's inspiration at the gym!

cturbo05

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
right now more "rugby player" than anything. I want to bulk a little bit more then lean out. I've got good mass but I eat a lot right now (mostly protein) to build. When I actually get to cutting in a couple months, I will look a ton better.