Which celebrities do you think are obvious closet cases?

jervy2021

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
While certainly true, even just the perception that those things might happen to you can keep someone in the closet. It's entirely possible someone lives in a gay friendly area with family that will accept them, and they could still stay in the closet due to fear of ostracization. It's a mental struggle for many even when it isn't particularly rational.
Precisely. Society and culture can't always be blamed. Nowadays it's mostly "a mental struggle" . . . which is what psychologists would call internal self-loathing.

LuckyStar2000

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I have always thought Chris Evans was a closet gay, no matter what some may say. I may be wrong but I believe it.

I know this pic doesn't necessarily mean anything, but sometimes (and I have done it) that certain touch or comment will come out no matter how guarded you may be.

View attachment 128531211
Even to a woman is hard to make smiley that way straight man, but one friend do it easily.

Reactions: bravesoldier

joyride666

Experimental Member
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Chicago, Illinois, United States of America (the)
Sexuality
Pansexual
Come on, Freddie Mercury was openly and proudly bi/gay. David Bowie claimed to have been bi and then denied it later in life so I think he was probably straight or mostly straight. Maybe this is jist me but Bowie only seemed to perform queerness in a shallow way to get famous, and left it all behind when he had made his money. Whereas real queer men like Freddie had relationships with other gays, spoke out against homophobia and went against gender norms even when the cameras and spotlights were off.

Anyway, I've heard rumors that Tom Cruise was known in the gay scene before he got famous.

Isn't there a picture of Mike Pence at a Pride event when he was younger? He seems pretty closeted like a lot of homophobic politicians.

Unfortunately I bet there are a lot of closeted men in professional sports, because there are so few out athletes and statistically, it just seems improbable that there would be less gay men in sports than in other parts of society.

Also, Nick Jonas has always seemed closeted to me, but maybe thats wishful thinking on my part.

bigboaster

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Come on, Freddie Mercury was openly and proudly bi/gay. David Bowie claimed to have been bi and then denied it later in life so I think he was probably straight or mostly straight. Maybe this is jist me but Bowie only seemed to perform queerness in a shallow way to get famous, and left it all behind when he had made his money. Whereas real queer men like Freddie had relationships with other gays, spoke out against homophobia and went against gender norms even when the cameras and spotlights were off.
On Bowie I guess I could see that side of it, but I've also heard from some others that he was just falling victim to internalized homophobia when he made his denials and he was truly queer. I don't know enough about his life to draw any conclusions but it seems like a contested thing in many directions.
Unfortunately I bet there are a lot of closeted men in professional sports, because there are so few out athletes and statistically
I agree there are definitely more closeted athletes, I think primarily due to the fairly homophobic nature of most areas of sports. I don't agree however with the reasoning presented here:
improbable that there would be less gay men in sports than in other parts of society.
Statistically gay men are just a lot more likely to be found within fields of entertainment/performance compared to athletics. So yeah, closeted athletes exist but I assume to much lesser degree than closeted singers or actors.

Reactions: bravesoldier

aypapirico

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
Jason Segel, Jacob elordi, Ansel elgort, Nick Robinson, Barry keogan, zac efron and his brother, pedro pascal, david corenswet, Timothée Chalamet, Tom Holland and more...

• Wow
Reactions: zogni

blondemuscledreamer

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
He said that Legolas was his first celeb crush on Jimmy Fallon show
He probably could be a little bit bi. What do you think about Zac Efron? He’s never screamed closet to me but it seems every Hollywood actor is hiding something :emoji_shrug: Elordi would be drowning in guys if he ever even hinted that he was interested in them.

WhiteG0DeadeR

Expert Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Some of the above are or were genuinely bisexual, like David Bowie, so it's a bit of a stretch to claim they were 100% Gay on any level.
Bowie was not bisexual he said that many times in later interviews. It was something he said to create some more mystique around his character back then but he later regretted it