Air Pumping vs. Water Pumping [HOT DAMN!]

kankan63

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
So I just recently dipped my toes into water pumping.

I've been an avid pumper for close to 6 years now, 100% exclusively using an air pump, which I've assembled myself by custom ordering a pre-sized plexiglas cylinder and combining it with a break bleeder kit, including gauge.
In that time I've experienced great growth in some length, but a more significant amount of girth.

After reading some more material, I was really interested in the mechanics of water vs. air pumping. On a different forum, a user gave an extensive overview of the properties/behaviour of air vs. water in a vacuum and concluded, that water is the far superior medium.

Gave it a try and DAMN what a difference it was. Did my usual routine (same pressure levels/time in tube/intervals) and the difference was night and day:

- I reached my maximum expansion, in considerably less time than it usually takes while using air
- The negative side effect that I usually experience (low-to mild "post-pump" donut effect) was significantly reduced
- Afterwards, I've been really hanging longer/heavier while flaccid for much longer

Have any of you guys had a similar experience with this? I do realize that this is a 100% subjective experience.

Untitled.png

Still Growing

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
So I just recently dipped my toes into water pumping.

I've been an avid pumper for close to 6 years now, 100% exclusively using an air pump, which I've assembled myself by custom ordering a pre-sized plexiglas cylinder and combining it with a break bleeder kit, including gauge.
In that time I've experienced great growth in some length, but a more significant amount of girth.

After reading some more material, I was really interested in the mechanics of water vs. air pumping. On a different forum, a user gave an extensive overview of the properties/behaviour of air vs. water in a vacuum and concluded, that water is the far superior medium.

Gave it a try and DAMN what a difference it was. Did my usual routine (same pressure levels/time in tube/intervals) and the difference was night and day:

- I reached my maximum expansion, in considerably less time than it usually takes while using air
- The negative side effect that I usually experience (low-to mild "post-pump" donut effect) was significantly reduced
- Afterwards, I've been really hanging longer/heavier while flaccid for much longer

Have any of you guys had a similar experience with this? I do realize that this is a 100% subjective experience.

View attachment 101716331
Absolutey. Water is non compressable compared to air. There for I assume it would have a greater effect. Im taking a break from pumping because I over did it with water pumping. Dick appears to be permanetly discolared now , like a light briuse. I know it will eventually recover,. Wouldnt even mind that much but its normal closer to the base. Pretty sure that woulndt have happened using air

Reactions: kankan63

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Air pumping is by far more dangerous than water pumping. The hypoxic environment inside of the tube during air pumping can be brutal on the tissues of the penis… the counter pressure of water can provide the skin of the penis with some needed relief.

Water pumping can be less fun than air pumping… being stuck in a seated or recumbent position is irritating and the counter pressure of the water seriously decreases the mind-body connection between a pumper and his penis as well.

Water pumping being more dangerous in any way shape or form over air pumping is an old wive’s tale and pseudoscience.

I’ve been pumping for over two decades so I can speak from experience since I have literally made every mistake in the book and suffered an enormous amount of minor injuries during the first decade. When I started out, there was very little information out there… now there is tons including a boatload of misinformation.

jared7577768

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I was pumping semi regularly (it’s been a few years but I’m thinking of getting back into it), I eventually discovered that using the bathmate for 15-20 minutes in the shower was a great way to get my cock ready for air pumping. I would get great results in that shower pump, typical to what would take 45-60 minutes air pumping. Then I would put an elastic around the base of my cock while I dried off and got ready to air pump. And I usually has a very productive air pumping session after water pumping. Less time and more solid gains.

Reactions: Electronips

mushroomcap

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I pretty much only pump with water now. When I was pumping with air, I’d get discoloration, blisters, red spots and soreness in my penis. Plus it would take a couple of hours to pack my tube. Then I saw in a forum here, that a guy was using some liquid (not water he said) in his cylinder. I tried putting some warm water in my tube and found that all those issues went away. I was able to pack my tube in half the time and was a normal color when I was finished.
I ruined the cheap pumps by getting water in them so I’d just suck out with my mouth and used a binder clip to seal the tube. Now I have a metal pump and cylinders where I can detach the hose so I’m super careful about keeping water out of the pump while it’s attached.

Reactions: vas

vas

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Air pumping is by far more dangerous than water pumping. The hypoxic environment inside of the tube during air pumping can be brutal on the tissues of the penis
I've seen this said several times, but I don't understand it, I'm wondering if you can clarify what you are refering to. Hypoxia or hypoxic effects are effects due to lack of oxygen. In water pumping there is essentially no free oxygen. So if the issue on the penis tissue was lack of oxygen the water pumping would be far worse. So I assume another issue is being referred to. Thanks

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've seen this said several times, but I don't understand it, I'm wondering if you can clarify what you are refering to. Hypoxia or hypoxic effects are effects due to lack of oxygen. In water pumping there is essentially no free oxygen. So if the issue on the penis tissue was lack of oxygen the water pumping would be far worse. So I assume another issue is being referred to. Thanks

I wish there were studies on human skin and oxygen exchange in water under vacuum pressure but… there are none to my knowledge.

We do know that human skin does absorb oxygen through the air… and that the iron in hematite does indeed have the ability to draw oxygen from water.

We can somewhat theorize that vacuum pumping draws iron into the upper layers of the skin in the form of so-called iron deposits… explaining for good bit of the long term discoloration that veteran pumpers experience. This long term discoloration isn’t petechiae but a combination of melanin and iron… most likely not deposited together in combination but localized in areas in the skin of the upper shaft.

It is possible that these extra iron deposits are an effort to take up more oxygen in a chronic hypoxic environment and can indeed draw free oxygen from water.

Personally… the feeling of hypoxia in the skin feels like pins and needles. I can alleviate this by using a massager to lightly vibrate the tube during dry pumping but experience none of this during wet pumping… so there must be some sort of oxygen exchange taking place.

So… I’m not exactly sure what the true mechanism is here but have a somewhat plausible yet untested hypothesis that might perhaps explain what I refer to when speaking of the anti-hypoxic effects of water pumping.

My apologies if it is unsuitable or seems implausible.

Reactions: vas

INbimarried

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I alternate between air and water. Here’s an air only pump. It’s a 3” tube and girth is over 8” when pumped. Natural girth has expanded with long term pumping. I’m currently 8” x 6 3/4”. 60 years old. I’ve noticed my sac has fallen significantly allowing for a better visible presentation when nude.

Attachments

ykwtvi23

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I alternate between air and water. Here’s an air only pump. It’s a 3” tube and girth is over 8” when pumped. Natural girth has expanded with long term pumping. I’m currently 8” x 6 3/4”. 60 years old. I’ve noticed my sac has fallen significantly allowing for a better visible presentation when nude.
Is it safe to pump the penis for so many years? Asking for myself as I'm considering embarking on this journey.

arapovic

Sexy Member
Media
What is your pumping program like? Pressures, time in pump, etc. Thanks!

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
After deciding I am never going back to dry pumping… I am changing my mind.

The upright angle of the pump that must be achieved is disadvantageous for me since I have such a super high scrotal insertion point (halfway up my shaft)… and the recumbent position one must maintain is bothering me since I love to pump while standing, walking or whatever… the inflexibility of water pumping is SUPER annoying.

Due to these factors, my gains from water pumping have leveled off and I am transitioning back to dry pumping. It might be some sort of a back and forth between the two… I haven’t decided yet but the water pumping just became too arduous and I wasn’t looking forward to it… part of this is mental.

kankan63

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
After deciding I am never going back to dry pumping… I am changing my mind.

The upright angle of the pump that must be achieved is disadvantageous for me since I have such a super high scrotal insertion point (halfway up my shaft)… and the recumbent position one must maintain is bothering me since I love to pump while standing, walking or whatever… the inflexibility of water pumping is SUPER annoying.

Due to these factors, my gains from water pumping have leveled off and I am transitioning back to dry pumping. It might be some sort of a back and forth between the two… I haven’t decided yet but the water pumping just became too arduous and I wasn’t looking forward to it… part of this is mental.

Understandable.
Water pumping is definitely way less practical.

In terms of making the process more enjoyable, I've adapted the habit of taking relaxing, 15-25 minute soaks in the bathtub, during which I use my pump. I imagine supplementing this with a few extra sessions of air pumping would equate to a good regimen?

Reactions: tripod