Anonymous Hookup Lovers, what's your technique these days?

bardbard

Expert Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Fun In Bed
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When I turned 18, the first thing I did was get a blowjob from a guy on Craigslist. I was nervous, he was nervous, I came in seconds. I remember it fondly, and it started a fun several years of Craigslist encounters. I have hookup stories for days.

Then along came Grinder, which helped fill in the gap when Craigslist stopped doing personals. Now there's also Scruff and Tinder and a million other apps.

I also use Doublelist, but it's a serious lackluster comparison to the good days of Craigslist.

I feel like getting easy hookups these days is harder and harder. The guys seem more and more slovenly, the conversations (or lack thereof) are tougher to get through, and the ghosting seems endless.

I know a big issue I have is that I live in a very conservative area, so you've got a lot of closet cases here who are too scared to follow through.

How are you all fairing these days? I sure miss the days when I could pick up a dick to suck in less than an hour, haha.

Reactions: ZMan22 and WilliamG

Latham

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When I turned 18, the first thing I did was get a blowjob from a guy on Craigslist. I was nervous, he was nervous, I came in seconds. I remember it fondly, and it started a fun several years of Craigslist encounters. I have hookup stories for days.

Then along came Grinder, which helped fill in the gap when Craigslist stopped doing personals. Now there's also Scruff and Tinder and a million other apps.

I also use Doublelist, but it's a serious lackluster comparison to the good days of Craigslist.

I feel like getting easy hookups these days is harder and harder. The guys seem more and more slovenly, the conversations (or lack thereof) are tougher to get through, and the ghosting seems endless.

I know a big issue I have is that I live in a very conservative area, so you've got a lot of closet cases here who are too scared to follow through.

How are you all fairing these days? I sure miss the days when I could pick up a dick to suck in less than an hour, haha.
Get onto Squirt site mate

Reactions: rockmusl1

WilliamG

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

Have you tried Sniffies? I'm finding lots of guys around. But like you posted though I'm in LA... There are a lot of closeted men. So it's a game of cat and mouse.

Slovenly is a good term for the issue of general health. It is a problem. And for me as an older guy (who stays in decent shape), lots of men have thrown in the towel on health. Sadly when I see a profile, I look at his weight. Not meant to bag on them. But it's a problem.

Being in a conservative town must be rough. We do have some cruise areas that get very active which is convenient.

Reactions: rockmusl1

mPOV2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

i think its a classic thing most people don't recognize. the internet opened up access for people to connect who had to stay hidden, great for gay men... until .. everyone can get onthere. guys who are curious, closeted, drunk, homeless whatever and boom you have more non active people crowding out the guy you would talk to in bar. personally, i would not hook up with anyone I met on an app etc - you will catch a life changing std. (i dont hook up anyway, but if i did...). you still need to screen people in IRL

Kanashi

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
interesting perspective. i live in the okc metro area as well and in my experience there are tons of d.l. guys constantly willing to hook up. i don't think "conservative" is the issue, but rather you're being picky as to what type of guys you want to hook up with. i don't mean that as an attack on your character. it's completely you're choice as to what type of men you want to play with. but from my perspective, i've never thought of conservatism as being an issue. in fact, i feel like it causes guys to want to want to hook up even more so.

goldscorpguy

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Certain apps do serve a very useful purpose. I've hooked up with several like-minded, local, discreet guys who I would never have located by any other means. Yes, there have been a few duds, but generally the experience has been good.

Reactions: Latham

mPOV2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Certain apps do serve a very useful purpose. I've hooked up with several like-minded, local, discreet guys who I would never have located by any other means. Yes, there have been a few duds, but generally the experience has been good.
which apps? everything looks fake to me, or people i would never associate with in IRL.

goldscorpguy

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
which apps? everything looks fake to me, or people i would never associate with in IRL.
Some apps work better in one country than they do in another. Here in the UK I use fabguys, scruff and occasionally a site called nakedmates. Whenever I've visited Florida I've used adam4adam, but in the UK it's pretty rubbish. As with any site you have to learn to 'sort the wheat from the chaff', the genuine from the fake.