Caeleb Dressel

Legit question, why do they wear speedos in other comps, but not at the Olympics? Damn those shorts…
The suits worn at the Olympics are specially made and designed to swim fast, the materials basically repel water. And they do not come in a brief, plus the shorts help to cover more of your legs (meaning body hair you might have missed while shaving) lol

Reactions: Anron
Legit question, why do they wear speedos in other comps, but not at the Olympics? Damn those shorts…
Former swimmer here! The suits worn in competition are called tech suits and they’re specially designed for maximum compression and muscle support. That’s why back in ‘04 and ‘08 you would see the full body suits, but they were banned. Tech suits help align hips, quads, etc and are good for technique, but they’re impossible to put on…I remember spending about 30 mins before each meet putting them on. They’re actually quite ridiculously priced…men’s suits are $400 a pop (women’s are $700) and you’re only recommended to wear them for 4 meets, but Olympic swimmers wear a new one each time they swim. In men’s suits, there’s 2 layers around the crotch, and the inside layer is black, so if the swimmers junk is at the right angle, you’ll get great bulge pics…. the black layer is easily seen through lighter colors

Just a question... Do they have to cut completely all their pubic hair and keep it cut or that's optional? I know the rest of their body has to be hairless but the pubic hair part is not clear
That would be a personal choice. Regular swim meet jammers and speedos are painful enough if your pubes are long enough, you can feel pretty itchy with the pressure. But trimmed pubes shouldn't be a problem, since the tech suit pretty much flattens everything down.

Just a question... Do they have to cut completely all their pubic hair and keep it cut or that's optional? I know the rest of their body has to be hairless but the pubic hair part is not clear
I know that I would always shave everything, including pubes, before meets. If you miss some spots it will poke through the suit

Former swimmer here! The suits worn in competition are called tech suits and they’re specially designed for maximum compression and muscle support. That’s why back in ‘04 and ‘08 you would see the full body suits, but they were banned. Tech suits help align hips, quads, etc and are good for technique, but they’re impossible to put on…I remember spending about 30 mins before each meet putting them on. They’re actually quite ridiculously priced…men’s suits are $400 a pop (women’s are $700) and you’re only recommended to wear them for 4 meets, but Olympic swimmers wear a new one each time they swim. In men’s suits, there’s 2 layers around the crotch, and the inside layer is black, so if the swimmers junk is at the right angle, you’ll get great bulge pics…. the black layer is easily seen through lighter colors
Thanks for the great answer! Presumably this is one of those?
172138229_800216687591598_8106029401740196555_n.jpg
171991550_817257735542458_5082225787616115619_n.jpg