Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Wait til you hear about a colposcopy. Or really just a cervical biopsy. Where, without ANY numbing and while you're fully awake, they cut or use a wee clampy blade to chomp a part of your cervix off.

"just a pinch" is what most of us are told. But really, it's to some, the worst pain they'll feel. I've known women who have passed out, puked, gone into shock.

But nope, no pain management or anesthesia.

I don't know if it's condescending, part of me feels if more men voiced their outrage at our physical torture at the hands of doctors, then maybe they'd finally start listening when we women say it needs to change.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Well, better a little scrapey than cancer, I suppose. I can’t really imagine an alternate way to it. It’s not like abnormal cells can be picked up with an MRI or something.

I’ve also had a colposcopy. Super fun. :(

Regardless, I’m done with both. Hysterectomy for a huge fibroid. But I’m definitely not going to cry a river for men who are deeply offended by a finger up the ass!

Holly Doors

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Not sure why it would be condescending.
Anyway I'd rather have a smear than have cervical cancer and not know until it's too late, I'll admit smears don't bother me and fully appreciate others feel a lot more discomfort but don't really know how it could be done any differently tbh.
I have a couple friends who's anatomy means the nurse often struggles a little more doing the procedure and the resulting prolonged time and poking about means they have a tough time, doesn't stop them going tho x

Haggard_Wisdom

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Anyway I'd rather have a smear than have cervical cancer and not know until it's too late
I should have worded that better. The whole point of that episode of Letterkenny is the blokes were getting their prostate exams and this used to mean a finger up the arse to check for abnormalities. In Letterkenny, Ontario it still means this.

Nowdays in the big city, a blood test seems to have done away with the finger check and therefore the embarrassment for some of us blokes.

Women still have to go through this far more invasive procedure. Hopefully it gets done with a blood test soon rather than you girls being prised open and half spelunked like what happens currently!!

Reactions: Holly Doors

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Anyway I'd rather have a smear than have cervical cancer and not know until it's too late, I'll admit smears don't bother me and fully appreciate others feel a lot more discomfort but don't really know how it could be done any differently tbh.
I have a couple friends who's anatomy means the nurse often struggles a little more doing the procedure and the resulting prolonged time and poking about means they have a tough time, doesn't stop them going tho x
There a long discussion on reddit about pain control in womens health care.

I learned that in much of the UK, pap smears and IUD insertions get pain relief during the process, if you ask for it.

mind blown.

Holly Doors

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
There a long discussion on reddit about pain control in womens health care.

I learned that in much of the UK, pap smears and IUD insertions get pain relief during the process, if you ask for it.

mind blown.
Yes, our NHS takes a lot of criticism tbh and is often strained and staff overworked, however it's free at point of access and they work hard and do a marvellous job under often busy conditions.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
American doctors do not respect women. We are denied access to medical care, self reporting is dismissed as attention seeking and historically any medical care involving pain or reproduction treats the pelvic organs as the patient and the woman as a life support/transportation method to the womb.

I am crazy intense about my dental and pussy care professionals. No bullshit or flippant dismissal tolerated. They need to be as diligent as I am concerned.