Circumcision Or Frenulectomy? Now I Have The Choice...

When erect, pull your foreskin back fully and tight on shaft. Monitor the glans to see if the frenulum causes it to "bend down" as the skin on shaft moves down tight. Once cut, that is how it will be.

You can ask to just detach the frenulum from glans, so you still have a think line going from rim of glans down to the circ line. It may or may not look perfect (could just be a lump left once all said and done).

With regards to THE decision, if it is something you desire, then go for it. If it isn't something you have been thinking about for a while and desire the look/feel of being cut, just make sure it is something you want.

Reactions: cufflinks
Having no frenulum, but a foreskin makes for some strange handling. I used to have a minimal circumcision with frenulectomy until I was about 18, and it was like this:
  • flaccid, the glans was covered, but the meatus was visible, surrounded by a thick roll of outer skin trying to roll forward; so it looked a bit stumpy.
  • as soon as I got an erection, the foreskin would peel back in a rolling fashion, causing the inner foreskin to face outward and form a thick, pink, shiny lifesaver type ring. The scar ring would sit in the sulcus behind the glans, constricting more and more as minutes went by, causing the rolled back, inner foreskin to swell.
  • As soon as the erection subsided, the skin would roll forward again, covering the glans, but not without taking plenty of underwear fibre with it. It also pulled in all hair it could get hold of, which pulled on the hair roots, and hurt. At the end of the day, if I was wearing dark undies, I'd have a glans tip that looked like it had been spray glued and covered in tumble dryer fluff every day.
  • I'd be able to pull it back all the way to the penis base, making it look like a skinned eel, with only inner skin showing for the entire length of the shaft, and bunched up roll of epidermis at the back.
  • it wasn't possible to keep the skin behind the gland when soft.
  • a few times, I put a ring of tape around the pulled back skin near the base and pulled the epidermis over it. It gave me a free glans and and the doubled over epidermis would stop at half shaft, but it wasn't comfortable.
When I was 18, I went for a freehand circumcision. It was a relief.

Having no frenulum, but a foreskin makes for some strange handling. I used to have a minimal circumcision with frenulectomy until I was about 18, and it was like this:
  • flaccid, the glans was covered, but the meatus was visible, surrounded by a thick roll of outer skin trying to roll forward; so it looked a bit stumpy.
  • as soon as I got an erection, the foreskin would peel back in a rolling fashion, causing the inner foreskin to face outward and form a thick, pink, shiny lifesaver type ring. The scar ring would sit in the sulcus behind the glans, constricting more and more as minutes went by, causing the rolled back, inner foreskin to swell.
  • As soon as the erection subsided, the skin would roll forward again, covering the glans, but not without taking plenty of underwear fibre with it. It also pulled in all hair it could get hold of, which pulled on the hair roots, and hurt. At the end of the day, if I was wearing dark undies, I'd have a glans tip that looked like it had been spray glued and covered in tumble dryer fluff every day.
  • I'd be able to pull it back all the way to the penis base, making it look like a skinned eel, with only inner skin showing for the entire length of the shaft, and bunched up roll of epidermis at the back.
  • it wasn't possible to keep the skin behind the gland when soft.
  • a few times, I put a ring of tape around the pulled back skin near the base and pulled the epidermis over it. It gave me a free glans and and the doubled over epidermis would stop at half shaft, but it wasn't comfortable.
When I was 18, I went for a freehand circumcision. It was a relief.
I didn't think it was possible to pull the skin all the way back to the base. That would have been scary. A dick shaft with the skin pulled all the way back to the base, WOW!

Having no frenulum, but a foreskin makes for some strange handling. I used to have a minimal circumcision with frenulectomy until I was about 18, and it was like this:f.

I am surprised by your experience. How did you find out you had been mimally cut instead of having mild phimosis?

After my first snip, I did get "mild phimosis" at the scar at first (scars are programmed to shrink during healing), but a warm shower and eerction was all that was needed to loosen it. After a few months, this stopped. I only stayed that way for about 7 months and snipped again, and this time, left skin retracrted furing healing and as my skin was now shorter, the scar was located oevr wider area of glans instea dof being near meatus, so it didn't have to stretch as much going from its flaccid position halfway over gland to slipping over coronna.

Looks like you really had a very minimal circ, assuming you were cut.

That was exactly my experience, only that the scar phimosis never went away for good. Some days, all would be supple, and some days, it would tighten like crazy. I have read that there are ring muscles in the foreskin that can contract, so I assume it had to do with those, and stress levels. It was clearly circumcision. I had 14 really pronounced suture marks.

Reactions: deleted3995231
That was exactly my experience, only that the scar phimosis never went away for good. Some days, all would be supple, and some days, it would tighten like crazy.

During teenage years, I read urology books trying to find out if my long foreskin was normal. That is when I learned that partial circumcision was possible but highly recommended against due to chance of recurring phimosis.
After my first one, what I experienced was temporary, usually after sweaty exercises and easily reminied with stretching/warm shower and erection. Wrote it off not as a permanent thing but scar healing issue.
7 months later did anothers nip to get shorter skin and after leaving it retracted for a couple of weeks during healing, never experienced any tightness at all.

But I am guessing you were an example used by those who wrote those recommednatiosn against partial circs. But I think that once the skin is short enough (with scar not at meatus, but over wider part of glans) the problem doesn't happen.

I dount it was those anti-circer muscles, it was much more likely your scar which had tendency to shrink. But am susprised it woudl have lasted till you were 18. Would have though constant teenage masturbation would have widened the opening such that it wasn't a problem.

Perhaps in your case, the scar was getting "damaged" whenever you tried to retract foreksin, so lost much elasticity over the years.

Towards the end of my days after first snip, I had noticeed the scar ring remained wide at end of foreskin when soft. Indication that it wasn't very elastic. (but also reduced times when hard to retract). But didn,t likel the look.

Reactions: deleted3995231
Actually, the "problem" is still with me. I had a radical circumcision at 18, and even today, I sometimes have a bottle shaped penis, severely constricted behind the glans, behind the scar line.

I believe it has to do with the vegetative nervous system. It's sort of like asthma, the body goes into a cramp of some sort. Comes with stress, or after stress. When I massage it, it loosens right up. I sometimes worry that this could be an indication that there is something else wrong with me.

Actually, the "problem" is still with me. I had a radical circumcision at 18, and even today, I sometimes have a bottle shaped penis,

I looked at your photos and am quite surprised you call it a "radical" circumcision. Did you get a tight cut and then restore?

How often are you ifuilly covered as in your first picture? It is short lived (while in pooll going out in winter) or sometying that lasts all day?

For the other pictures you're suffiicently retracted that you shouldn't have any tightness problem.
It is possible that when you got the deed done at 18, the doc didn't remove the skin that was caiusing problems. Aka, not an oissue with the scar itself but rathet the skin that just narrows. It can narrow due to chemicals/enzymes. Diabetics for instance hacve urine that has some components that often causes phimosis on some people. Another issue is scarring (not the circ scar itself but if you overstretch the skin, you break blood vessels inside it and as it heals, it loses elasticity).

This will soud strange, but if this happens often enough, you might consider another circ, but this time, make sure that the doc removes the band of skin that causes you problem (akaL check t see where it is relative to your existing circ line).

That full coverage is more of a circus trick than something regular.
:)
Coming to think of it, I believe the last time I pulled that off was two years ago. I don't actually like having the glans covered, so I usually don't bother. It also requires me to avoid any erection to maintain, which is, of course, a pretty unfortunate attitude to have in life. Let it be big, I say.

The tendency of my penis to sometimes go bottle necked doesn't worry me as such. When it does that, it happens about half an inch behind the glans, which pulls the shaft skin clear of the glans entirely, so it isn't strangling the glans, just looks funny. Until I rub it a second or two, and it expands again. What it does is make me wonder if any other organs in my body might be doing similar things. Now I really wouldn't want my heart or lungs to ever get an idea like that.

As for "radical": That's what the doc called it. I thought it was a standard term for any circumcision whose sutures sit behind the glans.

Last edited: