College Life

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by mindseye@Feb 5 2005, 05:49 AM
Actually -- where'd the rest of your diatribe even come from? Except for the first sentence you wrote, nothing else you said bears any resemblance at all to my P.S. you quoted.

The rest of my 'diatribe' was actually in response to cityboy's post wanting to make the sentence PC. It was intended to go into a separate post, but I mistakeny combined it with another.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper@Feb 4 2005, 08:45 PM
It's not gender-neutral; it's what linguists term as the gender inclusive pronoun. I tend to frown at political correctness as applied. Women becoming 'womyn' so that the word 'men' will be absent from the word is absurd. The same goes for God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen being stricken from hymnals on the grounds of its being 'sexist'. The pinnacle of anti-sexist PC is the proposed rewording of the Sign of the Cross. "In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit" becomes "In the name of the Creator and of the Christ and of the Holy Spirit"? Sorry, but that's just plain stupid. The Christ was masculine: He was Jesus, who was a man. What's wrong with referring to a historically masculine figure with another masculine noun: 'Son'? And Christ Himself told us to call God 'Father'. To change that designation is to disregard the instructions of the founder of Christianity. I'll take grammatical correctness over political correctness anytime, thank you very much.
[post=280282]Quoted post[/post]​
Hey, if you think "womyn" is bad, what about changing "hurricane" to "himicane"? Hurricane's a Mayan word! Or how about "waitron"? I always get images of physics class with that one.

For reference, linguistic gender has little to do with sex distinctions and everything to do with agreement with adjectives or verbs, depending on language. This is different from languages such as Hebrew where the gender of the speaker does matter, but once again, this doesn't imply anything more than that men and women have different experiences as a result of being male or female and therefore different viewpoints.

trainr

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by Max@Feb 5 2005, 01:44 AM
Who would have thought, on opening a thread entitled "College Life, with 11 inches", to find heated disputes about split infinitives, political versus grammatical correctness, and — best of all — references to Fowler? It has to say something for the quality of the discussion on this site, perhaps lpsg.org is redeemable after all. ;)

I
[post=280313]Quoted post[/post]​

Regarding english:

My wife, in labor, began shouting, "Didn't couldn't shouldn't wouldn't won't can't ."

"Doctor," I asked, "What's wrong with her?"

"Don't worry," he said, "she's just having contractions."

Or, in (if memory serves me correctly) the words of Churchill after being corrected on ending a sentence with a preposition, "That's the sort of errant pedantry up with which I will not put."

scottsimms

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
"It has only been in the twentieth century that peole have gotten all beant out of shape about spellings. Go check out the people wriing in the 18th century. There were all kinds of spelling varients out there."

Illiteracy is pathetic in any century.

Steed Holt

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I had a similar reception in college but beware of the distraction it can cause. I did not complete my degree because I wasted too much time being an exhibitionist and having way too much sex. I suppose a young, hung man must go through this, it is like a drug of choice and dizzy in its grips, it is easy to get off course. I'm not sure that things are as wild as they were when I attended the University but it may be more intense in other ways.

What I can tell you is that from 10 to 23 I had numerous partners. Estimating the totals are not easy now but I know I was in relationship with 12 women, 3 of them virgins. The men were more numerous though, the majority of the 150 or so guys I had relations with fell in the last three years of this spread. The apex came as I was forced to quit school.

So a bit of wisdom, the power of Big Cock can be intoxicating, distracting and life changing. I have regrets for not getting a degree but I don't think I could have done it differently. Focus on the desire within you and never let the peripheral influence you completely.

It is so Hot to be the BMOC (Big Man On Campus), to be the hungest of the hung or even be in that club. Stay focused and remember that the special sexual perks afforded you for your assets, can literally be deadly these days... Uncool also to be the big-meat dunce :dunce:

sfsbdgb

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Kimahri+Jan 24 2005, 07:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kimahri &#064; Jan 24 2005, 07:29 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-twin_daddy@Jan 24 2005, 01:21 PM
Try being 12" (when erect).  I&#39;m about half that size when flaccid, but I do have pretty good girth.  I used to have some fun being the "dude with the big penis" in college.  Now i&#39;m "the dude with the big penis" at the gym.
[post=276941]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, being a foot long and thick is pretty impressive. I can&#39;t see what I&#39;d do with that much. I dated a huge guy physically with a massive endowment. He was kind of apologetic about it and would always ask if I minded trying to perform oral on him. It still was a little embarrasing that he was nearly 4" longer than me and like a full 1.5" thicker.
[post=276969]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

I just want to know what happened to that boyfriend? he sounds great,big and worried about you...

14x8thck

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I had a similar reception in college but beware of the distraction it can cause. I did not complete my degree because I wasted too much time being an exhibitionist and having way too much sex. I suppose a young, hung man must go through this, it is like a drug of choice and dizzy in its grips, it is easy to get off course. I&#39;m not sure that things are as wild as they were when I attended the University but it may be more intense in other ways.

What I can tell you is that from 10 to 23 I had numerous partners. Estimating the totals are not easy now but I know I was in relationship with 12 women, 3 of them virgins. The men were more numerous though, the majority of the 150 or so guys I had relations with fell in the last three years of this spread. The apex came as I was forced to quit school.

So a bit of wisdom, the power of Big Cock can be intoxicating, distracting and life changing. I have regrets for not getting a degree but I don&#39;t think I could have done it differently. Focus on the desire within you and never let the peripheral influence you completely.

It is so Hot to be the BMOC (Big Man On Campus), to be the hungest of the hung or even be in that club. Stay focused and remember that the special sexual perks afforded you for your assets, can literally be deadly these days... Uncool also to be the big-meat dunce :dunce:
[post=350004]Quoted post[/post]​

[/quote

Absolutley one of the most articulate, apprpopriate on target posts I have read in a long time. Absolutley no different than a drug. It can rule your life. Being hypersexual is not a great thing. It is as destuctive as any drug&#33;
GREAT POST&#33; NICE PICTURES&#33;

:bounce:

D_Bud_Hurt

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper+Jan 30 2005, 09:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DoubleMeatWhopper &#064; Jan 30 2005, 09:44 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-madame_zora@Jan 30 2005, 02:24 AM
My biggest flaw is my run-on sentences, can&#39;t seem to get past that one&#33;
[post=278683]Quoted post[/post]​

Don&#39;t sweat it, Jana: at least you use punctuation marks. those sentences that just go on and never have a punctuation mark not even a period at the end of a sentence bother me do u know the ones i mean i usually cant even read them cos they make my head hurt my poor brain has trouble desifering what was intended have these people not have English classes or did they just sleep through them maybe there keyboards don&#39;t have a period or a comma I have noticed tho that they do throw in a &#33; from time to time i cant be the only one who has noticed this do these kind of sentences git on nebody elses nerves

Usually, the spelling is worse than in my example.
[post=278874]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

LOL.......... You can tell he&#39;s a Teacher............ Hehe&#33;&#33;&#33; You are too funny Guy&#33;&#33; DMW..

WOG

Knight

Experimental Member
Media
Although not huge, I spose mon penis is big. It hasn&#39;t got me that much attention because I don&#39;t make a big deal of it although the girl whose bed I spewed up on has said something to ALL my flatmates, even the guys and now I get crotch watched and shit.

However, no it doesn&#39;t usually get me any extra action, maybe if I advertised more? lol.

I have a &#39;meeting&#39; (aka date) with the girl whose flat I went back to on Wednesday next week though so that&#39;s cool. I prefer this, gradual goin out and stuff, to one night stands. Also I prefer to have sex when I&#39;m sober. Uni is still cool though&#33;

Cicero77

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It&#39;s funny but whenever I hear guys talking about uni life I get all sad and misty-eyed hehe&#33; I couldn&#39;t really go to uni for various reasons and I feel like I missed out on some awesome experiences (hearing Knight&#39;s stories above for example hehe&#33;).

Not expecting any sympathy or nothing - just saying it makes me a bit sad ya know, when people tell me stuff about it. :(

Hey ho, at least I have my own hair and stuff - life ain&#39;t so bad really hehe&#33; :D

iio

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
what happened to all the college life chat? we somehow detoured into spelling and grammar. a great topic but in the wrong thread.

back to college life!!! that is what it's all about! yay!