Far be it from me to correct yr homework, but yr average number of yearly partners is more like 7.5 per year - assuming you weren't sexually active until [you were of legal age] and assuming your rate of sexual partners has stayed constant.

Even so, I would consider that respectable.
Not sure where you got that number from. 7.5 partners a year for 33 years is 247 and change.

Last edited by a moderator:
I contacted this user and asked him to be nicer. His reply "Fuck You Faggot".

As such Apolo1998 is no longer among us.
What a gentleman. Or festering heap of shit. Beyond uncalled for, and good riddance.

To clarify, I’m talking about that apolo character, not @Mr. LPSG

There's always one, isnt' there?

It's all about context. After 30 years in corporate America, I took a part-time job in retain just to get out of the house a little more. Almost all of the staff is younger than I am by a good 20 years. Saturday morning conversations tended to be inappropriate and most of the time I woulnd't participate. One weekend it turned to how many sexual partners we had each had. One of the young women said she had only been with 5 guys in her life. When she asked me I told her I've had sex with about 100 people, probably closer to 120. She was scandalized by it. I reminded her that due to our age difference I was sexually active before she was born, and that when you break it down by the number of years and partners it's less than 4 people a year. When she asked me if I felt ashamed because of it, I told her absolutely not. When compared to some of my friends, both male and female, I'm a prude. I get the impression she was raised to be ashamed of her body and her desires. I don't feel shame over the fact that I've had 3.6 new sex partners a year over the last 33 years.

How typical to assume those of us with more conservative sensibilities about who we ought to share ourselves with are ashamed of our bodies. : unamused:

Reactions: deleted3155011
Sounds just a little presumptuous when you haven’t been privy to our conversations.

Hmm. There tends to be heaps of rhetoric in "sex positive" venues about celibacy and monogamy being "unnatural" and pathologizing of those with conservative sensibilities about sex. It seems to me even more acute when amongst other homosexual men. LPSG is not at all an exception. It somewhat grates at me being constantly invalidated and treated in a near hostile manner simply for having a more dignified view of sexuality. On the surface I saw a similar sort of rhetorical pattern in your remarks about your friend. But I may have reacted with excessive sensitivity. My apologies if you were actually not meaning to generally disparage "prudes".

Hmm. There tends to be heaps of rhetoric in "sex positive" venues about celibacy and monogamy being "unnatural" and pathologizing of those with conservative sensibilities about sex. It seems to me even more acute when amongst other homosexual men. LPSG is not at all an exception. It somewhat grates at me being constantly invalidated and treated in a near hostile manner simply for having a more dignified view of sexuality. On the surface I saw a similar sort of rhetorical pattern in your remarks about your friend. But I may have reacted with excessive sensitivity. My apologies if you were actually not meaning to generally disparage "prudes".

I wasn't. People like what they like, and do what they like according to their own moral framework. I usually have no opinion on such things. I don't think of my friend as a prude. She does with her body what she wants, and with whom she wants. In our conversations, she alludes to the fact that she was raised to be ashamed of it. Perhaps it is a conservative value or religious belief that her family has. She was shocked because she had never met someone who freely admited they had slept with that many people. I find a lot of people in that age bracket aren't always honest about the number of partners they have had. They undercount to make themselves look less promiscious to their peers, or they have various rules about what they consider to count as sex. I had another friend who became sexually active in his teens. He was my age and in his mid-20's he estimated that he had slept with thousands of people. He thought I was a prude because I wasn't out looking for cock every night of the week, and I thought he was living a very unhealthy lifestyle.

So when looked at it from that perspective, does my 120 make me sexually conservative, or does his unknown thousands make him a slut?

Reactions: malakos
There tends to be heaps of rhetoric in "sex positive" venues about celibacy and monogamy being "unnatural" and pathologizing of those with conservative sensibilities about sex.
I can definitely empathize with this perspective; what Id ask is to translate this pathologizing less as a condemnation of your particular life choices and more of a pushback to the unfortunate truth and history of those life choices being unwantedly imposed with societal (and sometimes worse) consequences tied in for non compliance.
It's somewhat hard to generate sympathy for someone even unfairly labelled as a "prude" coming from a contextual reality of scarlet letters, laws against adultery, and all encompassing societal agendas designed to prevent men and women from engaging in casual sex without consequence.

Reactions: windibundu
Lets put it this way.
I was a degenerate but now....
From the time I became sexually active, got an erection and knew how to make spunk, its been a part of my life to have an orgasm often
Very often as it turns out.
One year I had sex 365, |I made notes, from full penetration, oral and hand jobs, not 365 different people but probably well over 200, from furtive wanks in bushes to naked on a bed.
I was a degenerate, any guy on the way home from work, a few times on the way to work.
My last big "outing" was in Palm Springs where I went with a bud and for three days and nights there were guys screwing with us time we were sore and empty and used up.
On the way back I met a guy, we made out, time and time again over the next 11 years when I realised I wasn't a degenerate after all and could be monogamous.
(alas the same couldn't be said for him which I later found out)
However that stopped the search and have routine.
So, time and sexual abundance cured me of being a degenerate.