Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Asexual
Maybe I'm online too much and see so much diversity in thought processes. I follow LGBT+ activists and they get so much hate some times. I don't know if they're TERFs or just MAGA people just being trolls. One post shared had a response from someone within the community. So, what do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
wait seriously? gatekeeping a sexuality from people just because they havent had sex is fucking stupid lol

Anal sex is not the only form of sex though. It's a form of sex, and ironically not even the most common form of sex between two men.

And to answer the OP, asexual people are part of the LGBT community and welcome at pride. Straight allies are also welcome at pride.

Reactions: GayBootyLover69
You have to realize not all people that go to gay pride parades and events are gay.. they say on an average that 10 percent or more people at these parades are straight .. they just showing their pride and how proud they are of a friend or family member for being gay

Pride events are for EVERYONE - gay, lesbian, bi, asexual, trans, non-binary, straight, etc....so long as everyone is kind and respectful.

I really don't like this LGB only attitude that's been creeping into the community (the LGB Alliance etc) that is demonising trans people. Trans people have been a part of our community and culture for decades. It seems it's a sinister right wing influcene with the LGB Alliance.

My take on this - if you're siding with the right and you are gay/lesbian/bi - you will NOT be safe if the worst happens. "They" hate us all - you're just a usual idiot (look up Ernst Rohm) and you'll be up against the wall with the rest of us.....

We are stronger together - always.

Pride events are for EVERYONE - gay, lesbian, bi, asexual, trans, non-binary, straight, etc....so long as everyone is kind and respectful.

I really don't like this LGB only attitude that's been creeping into the community (the LGB Alliance etc) that is demonising trans people. Trans people have been a part of our community and culture for decades. It seems it's a sinister right wing influcene with the LGB Alliance.

My take on this - if you're siding with the right and you are gay/lesbian/bi - you will NOT be safe if the worst happens. "They" hate us all - you're just a usual idiot (look up Ernst Rohm) and you'll be up against the wall with the rest of us.....

We are stronger together - always.
I don’t really care who goes to pride, it just seems to have lost its meaning for many people. What hardships have so-called asexuals faced. Has it ever been illegal? Has anyone been thrown from a tall building for being uninterested in sex? There are so many people, mostly heterosexual, who want to indulge their whims and fantasies, and the gay community has been daft enough to platform them. In reference to LGB Alliance you’re talking nonsense. It has nothing to do with being right wing. There are many LGB people, myself included, who do not like the way the trans community are conducting themselves. LGB Alliance has been a place for us to go, as Stonewall turned their back on us. Stonewall now thinks that if you are a gay man you must be interested in females who identify as gay men. It just doesn’t work. It wasn’t so long ago that Stonewall didn’t really do anything for the trans community, it was only when gay marriage (the last hurdle) was achieved, they suddenly realised the money would run dry. So they turned to the trans community.

I definitely like to tell the joke that it's like have a table reserved for anorexics at a lunch buffet, but that's just a joke. the reality I find is that alternative sexualities feel more comfortable in each other's company and being able to openly discuss it, so in that sense sure. I find most asexuals I know to be actually rather sex-positive, and very curious about the sexual lifestyles of other people, eager to understand. so I don't find any dissonance having asexuals in a queer space.

I see asexual as being separate from orientation. That said, they totally do have a home at pride (Why not? Plus, they often come up with some of the funnier slogans).

Last edited:
"They" hate us all - you're just a usual idiot (look up Ernst Rohm) and you'll be up against the wall with the rest of us.....
Useful idiot.
i.e. one who supports a cause that is against their self-interest and is unaware (or unwilling to see) that they're helping the enemy out. The bigots allow them to carry on, until they're no longer useful.

The only people who are NOT welcome at Pride are those who do not support LGBTQ+ people. If you support LGBTQ+ people, come and enjoy yourself and show support!

The broader question is are asexual people part of the LGBTQ+ community. My personal opinion is the "LGBTQ+" community is for anyone who identities as part of a gender and/or sexual minority. Asexuals, thus, would be part of that community. And note that within the LGBTQ+ community, there are a lot of various sub communities that drill down into the specifics of the identities represented within that community. For example, I am a gay man, I exist as part of gay culture (which has its own unique facets and experiences) and lives as part of the larger LGBTQ+ community.

One of the earlier comments posed what I consider to be a good question, which is around the hate/discrimination that asexuals face. On the surface, it seems it must be a much easier life for asexuals, since they can more easily "pass" as being normative. But in reality them passing is still them being in a closet. I can't imagine someone being open about being asexual without facing negative consequences because of their identity. This is very similar to the claim that bisexuals must have it easier because they have the option seeming heterosexual - that can only be achieved by concealing one's identity.

Reactions: Topher the Gopher