Do you know any homosexuals that have been in a long term relationship?

heavy weather

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Do you know any homosexuals that have been in a long term relationship? I'm not talking about 2 to 3 years. I'm talking 10+ years.

Yeah, me. I met my husband in 1984 when I was 28 years old. We will celebrate 37 years together in August of this year.

MisterB

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Raises hand!

I met my husband on Easter Sunday 1978.

That means we've been together now for 43+ years.

And we still like each other, lol.

Got married in January 2015 in a joint ceremony with Hubby's BFF and his partner, who've been together for 30+ years now.

As @51arledge reminds us "There's more longevity in gay relationships than most people know!"

Ain't that the truth!

ohiorod

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
One of my mentors in the HIV field has been with his partner for 25 years as of last month. My partner and I hosted a surprise socially distanced reception for them. Both sets of their parents attended and raved about their son’s partner. They never married, as one of them asserts that a piece of paper would not make a difference. They are quite the couple, both in their very late forties and both well respected in their fields of work. Their only regret is that adopting children wasn’t an option when they were younger.

T

T_Lurch

Raises hand!

I met my husband on Easter Sunday 1978.

That means we've been together now for 43+ years.

And we still like each other, lol.

Got married in January 2015 in a joint ceremony with Hubby's BFF and his partner, who've been together for 30+ years now.

As @51arledge reminds us "There's more longevity in gay relationships than most people know!"

Ain't that the truth!
You had to wait 37 years to tie the knot though? That is an unfortunate commentary on our society and its mores.

I think the notion that gay people can't commit or stay faithful is an erroneous one; it's based on a heterocentric and biased view. There's plenty on LPSG that refute it.

Congratulations on a long and happy marriage, btw.:)

51arledge

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wow! I guess I never saw this thread?

I've been with my man since 1988, so it will be 33 years in August. I didn't move in until 1990, and now we've been in this same house since 1992!
We were monogamous until long past the point that his disability got the best of our (mutual) sex lives. We still love each other very much and have nurtured each other through the loss of all our parents, and life-threatening illnesses for both of us.