Do You Think You Might Regret Your Embrace Of Your Asexuality When You Are Older?

mallak

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My point is that there will be plenty of time when you are middle-aged and a senior and have lost your looks, and you therefore will have no choice but to be asexual at that point in your life. Do you think you might regret at that point that you hadn't given sex more of a try when you were younger, and had more options?

mallak

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ok, I guess I was addressing this moreso to asexuals on the spectrum, who may have some gay or straight to them too, so therefore they have more "choice"

AVeryAverageGuy

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Ok, I guess I was addressing this moreso to asexuals on the spectrum, who may have some gay or straight to them too, so therefore they have more "choice"

If it was a choice, then by definition it wouldn’t be asexuality. Asexual means you have no attraction or no desire for sexual activity. It’s not that you’re choosing to be celibate

mallak

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Very good but as I said, I was addressing my question to asexuals on the spectrum, not to pure asexuals.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Reactions: TrueB2 and Acrab69

mallak

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
All respondents must be on the ace spectrum.
You do know other things have spectrums, yes?

Yes, but why would I be discussing the autism spectrum or any other spectrum in an asexual forum? But you're right , I should have been more specific I guess and not assume there is a context.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Yes, but why would I be discussing the autism spectrum or any other spectrum in an asexual forum? But you're right , I should have been more specific I guess and not assume there is a context.
Some research suggests ASD patients are more likely to be asexual.

Reactions: TrueB2 and Acrab69

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
My point is that there will be plenty of time when you are middle-aged and a senior and have lost your looks, and you therefore will have no choice but to be asexual at that point in your life. Do you think you might regret at that point that you hadn't given sex more of a try when you were younger, and had more options?
You’re confusing “celibate” with “asexual”.

I’m quite asexual and have had quite a lot of sex. The two things aren’t related. Though I am fine with not having sex very often, personally… I end up having it far more than I care to at this point because apparently I’m quite sexy.

palakaorion

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I'm already "older" at 60 by many people's standards. I don't at all regret not having plowed every willing female. Instead I embrace being demisexual and only being sexually attracted to whomever I'm in a romantic relationship with.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual

I’m quite asexual and have had quite a lot of sex. The two things aren’t related. Though I am fine with not having sex very often, personally… I end up having it far more than I care to at this point because apparently I’m quite sexy.
“No” is a complete sentence, my friend.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I'm already "older" at 60 by many people's standards. I don't at all regret not having plowed every willing female. Instead I embrace being demisexual and only being sexually attracted to whomever I'm in a romantic relationship with.
Agreeing at almost 53.
I listen to my guy talk about the relationships where his emotional/mental attraction wasn’t that involved and he seems to almost regret wasting the time. And he’s not ace at all.

Reactions: mallak and Acrab69

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual

It’s the sunglasses. It’s always the sunglasses.