Finn Wolfhard *new And Improved*

Prime example of someone who doesn’t understand privacy or boundaries.

In the US, there is no legal expectation of privacy in the public eye, therefore there is not right to privacy in public. If you are in public anyone can photograph you and/or talk to you and/or do many other things. They can also post those pics/videos wherever they like.

You only have an expectation of privacy in certain places like a bathroom/changing room or inside your own private residence (but not if your windows are wide open).

Reactions: Dazza123
In the US, there is no legal expectation of privacy in the public eye, therefore there is not right to privacy in public. If you are in public anyone can photograph you and/or talk to you and/or do many other things. They can also post those pics/videos wherever they like.

You only have an expectation of privacy in certain places like a bathroom/changing room or inside your own private residence (but not if your windows are wide open).
Never said anything about a legal right to privacy. But everyone, even celebs, are entitled to be able to go to a restaurant and not be harassed by people with questions or who want to take pictures with them. The problem, as mentioned, is that most people don’t have a concept of boundaries or privacy - and most importantly respect - and think that they’re entitled to ask said questions or ask for pictures.

Never said anything about a legal right to privacy. But everyone, even celebs, are entitled to be able to go to a restaurant and not be harassed by people with questions or who want to take pictures with them. The problem, as mentioned, is that most people don’t have a concept of boundaries or privacy - and most importantly respect - and think that they’re entitled to ask said questions or ask for pictures.
Good thing they have loads of $100 bills to wipe away their tears

Tell on yourself some more. Wealth does not give us poors a right to treat them with anything less than respect (provided they haven't removed that right themselves).
Not for nothing, from what's been known about the entertainment industry, it's bold of people to assume he's actually wealthy lol

Reactions: Zi19 and qavak0
Not for nothing, from what's been known about the entertainment industry, it's bold of people to assume he's actually wealthy lol
He's an adult. Unless he wasting his money on strippers and cocaine he's probably got more than enough money....and will be adding 7M+ to it soon with one job.

He's an adult. Unless he wasting his money on strippers and cocaine he's probably got more than enough money....and will be adding 7M+ to it soon with one job.
I mean... Maybe? I'm not counting that out

But we know he didn't have control over his money until he was 18. And we also know that he came into the field as new talent. Idk where you got that 7M number from, you might have to show your work on that.

Realistically speaking, Netflix probably signed them under multi-seasonal contracts, so they could pay them the minimum whether the show was a success or not. Cause that's how these studios work.

So is he really filthy rich? I'm just saying, y'all are assuming these people are rich, but reality and history has shown us that even the most "popular" stars have been getting shafted and aren't as wealthy as everybody thinks lol

Reactions: Zi19 and qavak0
Idk where you got that 7M number from, you might have to show your work on that.

That number was reported in January 2023:

Finn Wolfhard, Caleb McLaughlin, Noah Schnapp, Sadie Sink & Gaten Matarazzo have negotiated contracts to receive over $7 million each for the final season of #StrangerThings. Millie Bobby Brown is reportedly under a separate, highly lucrative deal with Netflix.

Here's one source for that news.

Granted, there's taxes, agent/publicist/lawyer fees, etc. so it's not take-home pay, but not bad earnings.

That number was reported in January 2023:

Here's one source for that news.

Granted, there's taxes, agent/publicist/lawyer fees, etc. so it's not take-home pay, but not bad earnings.
Yeah, that might not be far off, but that "source" is Matt Belloni- I'm not gonna rush to believe that, it's mostly rumor at best.

But even if it wasn't, that's for the season that hasn't even come out yet and a lot of the language in that article leaves room for fuckery. These past couple of years we've seen how studios will trick the system to pay the bare minimum to their stars(see ScarJo). I'm not saying Finn isn't well-off, I'm just saying y'all may be putting too much sauce on his situation.

A lot of these "stars" aren't making as much as y'all think they are and they still have to worry about that lol

As usual, some of y'all are letting the point go straight over your heads. Rich, poor, middle-class, whatever you are, you are entitled to a semblance of privacy, even in public. If you were trying to enjoy a nice quiet evening with a significant other in a restaurant, and someone came up to your table and started asking questions or wanting you to take a picture with them, you probably wouldn't like that. Doesn't matter if you're famous or not. Problem is, you could make a fuss about it and tell them to go away, and no one would care. If a celebrity does that, they run the risk of having it plastered all over the internet so that other entitled a-holes can run them into the ground for being not friendly or a jerk, and potentially hurt their reputation and ability to get future roles. All because they wanted a nice evening without someone getting up in their grill.

If you don't understand that, you may be the entitled a-hole.

As usual, some of y'all are letting the point go straight over your heads. Rich, poor, middle-class, whatever you are, you are entitled to a semblance of privacy, even in public. If you were trying to enjoy a nice quiet evening with a significant other in a restaurant, and someone came up to your table and started asking questions or wanting you to take a picture with them, you probably wouldn't like that. Doesn't matter if you're famous or not. Problem is, you could make a fuss about it and tell them to go away, and no one would care. If a celebrity does that, they run the risk of having it plastered all over the internet so that other entitled a-holes can run them into the ground for being not friendly or a jerk, and potentially hurt their reputation and ability to get future roles. All because they wanted a nice evening without someone getting up in their grill.

If you don't understand that, you may be the entitled a-hole.
Oh, I 100% agree

I'll take it a step further and say that the whole "the fans made them famous" is kinda bs. Netflix made him famous cause he was hired for a job. When he's out in public outside of that, he's not on the clock and these people are actual human beings. He doesn't owe anybody anything lol

But yeah, I may have derailed the thread a lil bit. Carry on lol

Oh, I 100% agree

I'll take it a step further and say that the whole "the fans made them famous" is kinda bs. Netflix made him famous cause he was hired for a job. When he's out in public outside of that, he's not on the clock and these people are actual human beings. He doesn't owe anybody anything lol

But yeah, I may have derailed the thread a lil bit. Carry on lol
In other news... Finn is fine as hell.