Freddie Mercury

For a dead guy.....it's HUGE! Actually, probably a little above "average".....but stories are.....his real talent was on the "flip side." I'm a huge Queen fan so don't.........oh hell. Never mind.

It has just been categorically stated on TV. It's the reason he wore leotards in many of his videos. One of his lovers even said 'he was a left dresser'

You can kinda see it...I thought it looked thick, maybe not long? One of his lovers said 'Freddy's tool was enormous...the envy of many and the joy of many'

Just curious, I like his music too. Plus I bet some people would be happy to know he was hung? Probably obvious to many but hey.

Reactions: jozv
Wonderboy said:
It has just been categorically stated on TV. It's the reason he wore leotards in many of his videos. One of his lovers even said 'he was a left dresser'

You can kinda see it...I thought it looked thick, maybe not long? One of his lovers said 'Freddy's tool was enormous...the envy of many and the joy of many'

Just curious, I like his music too. Plus I bet some people would be happy to know he was hung? Probably obvious to many but hey.

You've just been watching channel five, Wonderboy.

Just saw a poll about singers.

Anyway, who here remembers Freddy?

Also, what thoughts might you have about him?

I myself saw him live twice and loved him and Queen a lot.

Small Hound said:

He was a great showman.
Oddly enough, the musical "We Will Rock You" featuring the music of "Queen" has run for 6 years in the West End ; the audience is largely teenaged Scandinavian boys who cannot remember Freddie (who died in 1991) !
Other, better musicals featuring the music of Madness, Boy George, Elvis, The Pet Shop Boys, folded ?

COLJohn said:
In addition to his flamboyance and showmanship, he had the best voice in rock, IMO.

Absolutely one of the best voices in Rock. Also a creative genius in the genre pushing the music to be more than simply driving guitar riffs (not that Queen ever had any difficulty delivering those). From tunes like "Stone Cold Crazy" through "Bohemian Rhapsody" to "Seaside Rendezvous" this band did it all and Freddy was a huge part of that.

I personally wasn't a big fan of Freddie Mercury or Queen, they had a few songs that I did like, one thing that I will say about Freddie Mercury, he did have a powerful voice, but the style of music just didn't really appeal to me.

Small Hound said:

Probably the best voice ever.
And all of them were greath musicians.

Mercury was a highly trained concert musician and it was about 15 years after Queen faded that people really recognized how innovative his music was. Queen is today one of the most oft-played 70's/80's group. Also, his guitarist, Brain May, is considered one of the best rock guitarists who ever lived. May was to Queen what the keyboardist was to the Doors. Now, can you find me somebody to love?

Reactions: Slothbear753
I don't think people realize how 'heavy' Queen were in their first couple of albums.
Especially Queen II, which is as heavy as they come.

But people always remember the hits, and those can be quite unrepresentative of what the music is really about.

I greatly prefer the first era of Queen, ending with A Day at the Races, 1976.

After that they didn't really make too many great albums, I think, but of course the hits got bigger.
Perhaps I think they went on in too many directions, but I'm not sure...
Perhaps it was just the song-writing.

I remember the way he looked just before he died.
Extremely thin...

And I remember the concert in April 1992.
I remember finding it remarkable seeing Axl-Rose and Elton John up onstage, singing the final part of Bohemian Rhapsody, together, almost holding hands(or were they?), but now I probably wouldn't have raised an eyebrow.
In the last 15 years I think we've basically seen it all.

Qweeen bitch ahhwwww shit I miss him so!

But we still have a few more .....mercy...

........next

Who remembers Freddy? Wouldn't it take an actual effort not to remember, or at least know of, Freddy Mercury?

I'm not a Queen fan myself. I don't hate them either, though. They have some decent songs, some good songs, but quite a lot of songs that I actually do hate... Radio Ga Ga, argh, fuck that song!

Mercury was a highly trained concert musician and it was about 15 years after Queen faded that people really recognized how innovative his music was. Queen is today one of the most oft-played 70's/80's group. Also, his guitarist, Brain May, is considered one of the best rock guitarists who ever lived. May was to Queen what the keyboardist was to the Doors. Now, can you find me somebody to love?

I'm a musician. This post describes me. I came very late to a full appreciation of just what Queen entailed. Freddie was a bona fide genius. He was the 20th century's answer to Mozart. His voice, piano, composition, all stellar. May is a completely unique guitarist. His expression is more like a fine violin, with the subtle vibrato. No one will ever sound like him. John Deacon, the bass player, built his amp, and he and his father built the guitar from wood from an old mantle. Deacon, May, and Mercury were each memorable songwriters. A truly underappreciated, gifted band.

I'm a musician. This post describes me. I came very late to a full appreciation of just what Queen entailed. Freddie was a bona fide genius. He was the 20th century's answer to Mozart. His voice, piano, composition, all stellar. May is a completely unique guitarist. His expression is more like a fine violin, with the subtle vibrato. No one will ever sound like him. John Deacon, the bass player, built his amp, and he and his father built the guitar from wood from an old mantle. Deacon, May, and Mercury were each memorable songwriters. A truly underappreciated, gifted band.

In other words his music suited 'young' social thinking of the time. Much the same as Elvis? The views of the era before him. Musical Icons? There are so many. Where do they stop.......Does a music individual such as Freddie change a generation, or does a generation change the music individual?

Music evoloution? Is it in synch with human evoloution?

Last edited by a moderator: