Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The good news is I asked out this lady I've had my mind on for several months now and she said yes.

The bad news is I'm nervous.

What makes a good first date a good one?

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was going to say give her an opening to talk about herself, but if you were dating me you'd never speak all night.

Seriously, listen to her. Talk to her. Don't don't don't talk about your merits, your wins, how you outwit others in business. Keep it light.

Do not go to a movie. That's dead time. That's a third date or later kind of thing.

Let her get to know the real you, and try to get to know the real her. Like the others said being genuine is underrated.

Avoid politics even if you both agree. That'll snowball on you. And if you don't agree, then good night. Nice knowing ya. So no politics.

A_dub

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was going to say give her an opening to talk about herself, but if you were dating me you'd never speak all night.

Now I do love to talk about myself and my friends. But not being able to get a word in has the benefit of not saying something dumb.

Reactions: insert_8 and EllieP

A_dub

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Alright...first date done and dusted.

it was outdoors socially distanced and zero physical contact between us (except a elbow tap “handshake’ at the very beginning. I’d say overall it went OK. Pretty well considering I was very surprised she agreed to meet me. There were a few awkward pauses but in general I chose to speak less so as not to say something dumb. I’m quite a talkative person so I had to bite my tongue on numerous occasions. She seems a nice person.

I would definitely be down for a 2nd date haha.

A_dub

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ok so did you text her or something after like you want to see her again or was it said in person?

I did text her a few days later. I would have earlier but I wanted to see if she was going to text me first. She still hasn't responded to that text and its been a few days so I'm guessing she's not interested. Perhaps the date didn't go as well as I thought or hoped. No big deal, I didn't expect to be married within a week hehe. It was a good learning experience I think. I'm working on another first date as we speak, so positive thoughts!