ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I remember when I joined LPSG I had one or 2 grey hairs. Stress and time have added manyyyy more grey hairs since then

Where I work, where is an attractive older woman, with grey hair, I think she greyed early, as her face is easily looks less then 35+ . I have seen her many times from the back, but this past week, for the first time I saw her from the front; and literally did a triple look / Mentally I was like OMG, this is not an old lady. Though I am no expert, it did not look like it was dyed grey

Soo, my question to the ladies of LPSG, when the time comes, do you intend to let the grey come naturally; or will you color / touch up your hair. I guess the same question could apply to members who just decided to dye their hair a different color , wayy before it turned grey.

I know this is not an issue, (Ro).

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
When the time comes? Omg. That time came and went years ago. I started greying when I was 22. I’ve been colouring my hair in the decades since. I talked to my stylist about how to handle transitioning my hair to a full grey. He thinks I should wait til I’m 65 and retire before I do it. I don’t look my age (so I’m told) but going grey at this stage will age me.

In my opinion, grey hair on a young woman looks trendy and cool. On an older woman like myself, it just looks old. So I’ll colour my hair for another few years. After retirement, I don’t really care.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
My people go blonde. My Grandma had platinum white hair in her final years.

Right now I have a good hunk of my natural color with an under dye of blue. I've been blue-headed to some degree since 1998. We're talking signature color.

Old me will be silver and blue. Hopefully with the lines and crinkles a person who has had ample reason to smile gets at that age.

Mittimer

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
The ladies in my fam start getting grey quite early, late twenties to early thirties. I was no exception to this. I had my first couple noticeable ones right at the start of the pandemic. Haven't seen any more recently, as I shaved my head at the beginning of the year, and I have fairly short almost pixie hair at the moment.

@Mr_Mitt says my hair is light so the grey tends to blend in, but upon inspection of short fresh growth, nothing seems to be standing out yet.

I plan on letting it go as it may. No desire to cover it up. I change my hair frequently, so it may end up being some crazy cut, color or style in the end, but I'll always be chill about it being grey.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tazman66

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
My wife has been coloring her hair for years now. I'm not sure how much grey she actually has, to be honest. I've told her numerous times that I don't care what color her hair is but she HATES the gray so I'm sure she will be coloring it for the foreseeable future.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I am with @LaFemme 10000000% percent, my 2 grey temple streaks in my late 20s-30s looked awesome -- as grey hair does on younger women. But now it just feels old looking. And flat or muddy.

Now I get it colored with a lady who does it with a gentle touch, chocolate gold which is my natural color

If I had the hair my former boss had? A Swiss German woman with flaxen hair -- oh how her hair shone when she turned grey. So beautiful. If I had that hair I'd be au naturale. But brunettes with a little gold undertone look gross being half grey and half not.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My hairdresser knows my secrets. I wish I had my husband's eyes. He could not see a single gray hair on head, while they shine like a beacon to me.

At some point I will be platinum, like my Mum. Then I'll let it all go. But for now, I'm winning the battles, but the war is futile.

It just pisses me off royally that he looks sexier and sexier with that salt and pepper hair, but I come off like the Bride of Frankenstein.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
My hairdresser knows my secrets. I wish I had my husband's eyes. He could not see a single gray hair on head, while they shine like a beacon to me.

At some point I will be platinum, like my Mum. Then I'll let it all go. But for now, I'm winning the battles, but the war is futile.

It just pisses me off royally that he looks sexier and sexier with that salt and pepper hair, but I come off like the Bride of Frankenstein.

There is a line from an old TV show. The wife was afraid of growing old. The husband tells her it was OK; and that G-d has it all planned out. " The greyer and greyer she gets , was Ok. because he eyes got weaker and weaker . To him she would always look the same

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
When the time comes? Omg. That time came and went years ago. I started greying when I was 22. I’ve been colouring my hair in the decades since. I talked to my stylist about how to handle transitioning my hair to a full grey. He thinks I should wait til I’m 65 and retire before I do it. I don’t look my age (so I’m told) but going grey at this stage will age me.

In my opinion, grey hair on a young woman looks trendy and cool. On an older woman like myself, it just looks old. So I’ll colour my hair for another few years. After retirement, I don’t really care.

You will always be wonder woman, even when you are 88 and grey ;)

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
My people go blonde. My Grandma had platinum white hair in her final years.

Right now I have a good hunk of my natural color with an under dye of blue. I've been blue-headed to some degree since 1998. We're talking signature color.

Old me will be silver and blue. Hopefully with the lines and crinkles a person who has had ample reason to smile gets at that age.
Also of the silver and golding people.
I have a fair number of sparkles, and a dope stripe.

I am thinking of it as Grand Canyon hair.

Holly Doors

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I've been dying my hair every since my teens, not because of grey hairs back then but because I used to be quite wild with my hair, styles, colours etc. I honestly don't think there's a colour my hair hasn't been, I'm naturally or was naturally blonde but just liked to chop and change my hair colour, of course all that abuse means my hair isn't in best condition these days and yes, I'm the wrong side of 40 now so plenty of it would be all sorts of shades and colours if I left it go natural. If it went say all silver or all blonde I'd definitely like to try the natural look but it doesn't, some goes brassy, some goes silver, some goes bronze coloured and some even looks a browny or mousy colour, it just kinda don't know what to do so I just keep dying it cos I don't like the way it is natural atm, maybe someday it'll decide to either be either all silver or all bronze and I'll let it be.

sanaxx

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Gray tinsel in my hair for a while now. Mostly I dye it, but that's because I should have been a redhead. I like it so much more than my mousy brown. At some point in the future, I'm sure I will let it just be grey. Though that may be dying it as well so it's a nice color.

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Gray tinsel in my hair for a while now. Mostly I dye it, but that's because I should have been a redhead. I like it so much more than my mousy brown. At some point in the future, I'm sure I will let it just be grey. Though that may be dying it as well so it's a nice color.
There is absolutely positively nothing mousy about you Sanna :cool:

• Love
Reactions: sanaxx

cofrader

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

The bride of Frankenstein doesn’t look bad.

Reactions: ronin001