Gym locker: rocking the walk to the shower

jumbo747jet

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I observed a sad (to me) situation on a recent cruise. When you entered the locker room there were lockers on the left side with changing benches in front of them and a big towel station on the right side of the room. As you walked towards the shower and toilet area there was a large 2 sink vanity with mirror above on the left just past the lockers. Then the shower/toilet area on the left and then the sauna/steamroom area just past that on the left. The hallway continued on to the gym area. I was in the shower after enjoying time in the steamroom and I heard a lot of yelling and commotion. When I got out of the shower there was a guy about my age, 59, who was obviously very angry and upset. He had left the steamroom and was heading to the showers naked with his towel over his shoulder. There was a younger guy with a couple of his kids. The younger man really lit into the older guy for being naked in the locker room around his boys and called him a pervert. He caused a ridiculous scene. Another man who was in the locker area confirmed that the older gent was doing nothing other than walking to the showers and had not done or said anything to precipitate this outburst.

It is really sad to me that some of the younger generation are so afraid of nudity, especially in a locker room, that they would act like that. If you can't be seen naked in a locker room/shower/ steamroom area without "offending" someone what has the world come to?

Sounds to me that dads like that should not use public locker rooms and showers, if he's finds somebody getting changed and showered there to be offensive. If somebody wants to shower with clothes on, or get changed under a robe or a towel, they can of course do so in the privacy of their own home, but one can't expect others to cater to their odd ways in a public locker room.

Alex Sommers

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
The younger man really lit into the older guy for being naked in the locker room around his boys and called him a pervert. He caused a ridiculous scene. Another man who was in the locker area confirmed that the older gent was doing nothing other than walking to the showers and had not done or said anything to precipitate this outburst.
Thats homophobia pure and simple. He's afraid his kids will turn gay because they say a naked man. When I was a kid in the 1970s, males of all ages used the changing room and recreational pools. Dads and kids all changed in the same place. No one thought anything of it.

I guess locker rooms are going to have to post nudity warnings at the entrances. Ridiculous!

I do think that isn't the norm though. Most guys in the situation would just not want their kids to be seen naked -- which is understandable. That's why most gyms have family changing rooms.

BigMacattack

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
What say you rocks a walk from the locker to the shower?
1. buck naked
2. jockstrap

I usually go naked with towel in hand (but not covering up), but today instead I dropped my shorts and owned my walk on a jockstrap (modern jockstrap not old school); then I got to the shower to realize I forgot the scrub, so back I went bare-assed in straps and back again.

What owns / how do you own the walk best?
I go naked with a towel. My locker is right outside the shower room so I am not passing someone sitting on a bench. I am pretty sure you are going to see men in various forms of undress in a lockerroom. Not sure what the big deal is. If seeing someone nude offends you don't go into the lockerroom.

Alex Sommers

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
There was a group of young guys (possibly high school seniors) frequenting my gym this Spring. Never give any of the newbies much thought - because only a small percentage are ever going nude up in the locker room. But I saw a couple of these guys in swim trunks after lifting weights. Still, they could have changed under towels -- or even in a bathroom stall as I've seen some guys do (and not just young guys).

One day after shooting basketball with another guy, we were exiting the showers with out towels around our waists -- when in walked that group -- all naked. The one guy build like a brick shithouse was in front, and moved his hand to cover his dick (not that I was looking there, but he was far enough away that it was obvious). I saw them a few times after that -- not sometimes along or in smaller groups. Then, they all stopped going in -- at least at the times I was there. That was obviously a bondy experience for them (they were probably high school athletes and had showered together before), and some guys just don't get it.

hokejka19

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Always walk naked, carrying towel, shower gel and wearing flip-flops. I don't want my clean towel to get sweaty and dirty.

And in the sauna I have a small towel to sit on, or lay down on, for hygiene. But always naked, specially when using the ice bucket between sets.
That's my style too. Always butt naked to shower, towel and shower gel in my hand. Flip-flops are my must. Exactly, I hate to get my clean towel dirty........

We are all guys with dicks, nothing to be ashamed of........

That's my point of view :⁠-⁠)

goldscorpguy

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I walk naked, towel over shoulder, from locker to shower, and the same for the return journey. I personally hate getting dressed quickly after a shower. I prefer to let the skin cool so I take my time. Sometimes a little all over skin moisturizing will help too. I go into my own little bubble, if other guys see me or don't see me, it doesn't worry me.