Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
#1 about 80% of the time or #2 (the underwear I wore under my workout gear) if there is someone I don't want to see my goodies lol. I never wrap a towel for the reasons other have listed: Since I'm sweaty and will need it dry off when I'm clean, why get it dirty/smelly, however briefly? I've always been intrigued by guys who sit on their towels in the sauna, go to shower, and dry out with their sweat juices. Kinda defeats the purpose, no?

Alex Sommers

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I follow the conventions of the gym. In the late 80s, most guys walked naked to the showers -- holding the towel to their front -- and then hanging it on a hook outside the communal showers. Then most guys would wrap it around their waists for the walk back.

These days, most guys have the towel on during the walk to the showers and then again back. A few will wear underwear into the shower and strip there. Only a few hot guys will walk to the showers showing everything -- lots of retired guys do the same. An occasional young guy will do that as well -- usually athletes who are still used to being naked in front of other guys.

Depending on the time I'm there -- curtains are either mostly open or mostly closed. Again--- I do what is conventional for the time I'm there.

Reactions: Trunk8or and nicnic

ZarbK

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
What say you rocks a walk from the locker to the shower?
1. buck naked
2. jockstrap

I usually go naked with towel in hand (but not covering up), but today instead I dropped my shorts and owned my walk on a jockstrap (modern jockstrap not old school); then I got to the shower to realize I forgot the scrub, so back I went bare-assed in straps and back again.

What owns / how do you own the walk best?

Hahaha I mix it up sometimes buck naked but usually i just stop at the shower in my swim trunks before going to my locker and changing. Only in the last couple of years have i felt comfortable walking around nude in the changerooms.

Clrwtrdlbud71-fl

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Clearwater, Florida, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Hahaha I mix it up sometimes buck naked but usually i just stop at the shower in my swim trunks before going to my locker and changing. Only in the last couple of years have i felt comfortable walking around nude in the changerooms.
Now you gotta start rocking the speedo instead of trunks to the shower man!

ZarbK

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Now you gotta start rocking the speedo instead of trunks to the shower man!
My swim trunks are the tight speedo variety for swimmers ;) My usual is to go do 1km - 40 lengths so cant have much drag which is why speedo is necessary. But I dont think i would wear the banana hammock style hahaha thats for the swim clobber kids :p

kdubb

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
#1 for me. I always walk naked from the locker to the shower wearing only my cockring & flip-flops, carrying toiletries and towel. I'll usually toss my towel over my shoulder but if I'm really sweaty, I'll carry it in hand by my side. After showering, I'll dry off with my towel while walking back to my locker with toiletries in hand. I don't wrap the towel around my waist as I don't give a damn who sees my shaved hairless, naked body as nudity is expected and normal in a lockerroom.

ZarbK

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
walk with a towel in my hand naked. From Boston, never even seen an open shower at a gym . Always individual stalls
Really only stalls eh? Here all the rec centres and gyms have only open showers.

D

deleted18171021

Mostly i only see older guys do this, i think they miss the good ol days of group showers on the team or in military. The younger (anyone less than 40) hardly ever showers naked cept some looking to stare, jo or more. Because of them, and their cell phones, almost all open showering, saunas, steam in gyms has disappeared in calif. I enjoy the bonding and comraderie and confidence of being naked and one of the guys. But i feel sad that pervs have ruined it, and same reason for shutting down several nude beaches. I shouldnt see sex in a regular gym or on the beach in full view but i have too often.

Reactions: Gj816

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Always #1. We have open showers...so everyone sees my penis while I'm showering anyway. Why cover it up on the way to and from the shower?
My view, why bother when it's all showing in the showers, and dudes, you shouldn't cover, be proud

hot showers

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My view, why bother when it's all showing in the showers, and dudes, you shouldn't cover, be proud
Exactly. When I first started using gang showers at the gym at my college (when I was closeted), I needed to gradually acclimate in order to learn to control arousal. It took some baby steps of only going at odd hours with the towel next to me, to having a towel just outside the shower, to walking to/from the shower with a towel in my hand just in case I needed to quickly cover my penis, to finally outgrowing that problem so that I now don't even get a towel until I step out (in gyms that have them in the wet area) and I fully dry off, throw the towel in the bin and walk back naked with no towel..

WadWorshipper

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Always naked. I carry a towel and shampoo in my hand and walk proudly to the showers and back, naked. I'm from an age when that was completely normal, so I'm just continuing. I feel sorry for all the guys who would never be caught dead naked in front of other guys in a locker room: they miss the simple camaraderie and friendly comfort and fun of that style of living. Ah well.

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Exactly. When I first started using gang showers at the gym at my college (when I was closeted), I needed to gradually acclimate in order to learn to control arousal. It took some baby steps of only going at odd hours with the towel next to me, to having a towel just outside the shower, to walking to/from the shower with a towel in my hand just in case I needed to quickly cover my penis, to finally outgrowing that problem so that I now don't even get a towel until I step out (in gyms that have them in the wet area) and I fully dry off, throw the towel in the bin and walk back naked with no towel..
As you say, with all that showering and then drying anyone can admire or otherwise your manly bits.

NakedBuddy

Admired Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I can’t say that I pay a lot of attention to it. I take a towel with me - sometimes I carry it, sometimes I wrap it around my waist - whatever I feel like doing that day. I don’t make a point either of covering up or walking nude.

Reactions: Gj816

gideon99

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Always use the jacuzzi/sauna before every workout.
Strip at my locker, put on shower shoes, have my swim bag at my side.
Naked to shower, speedo on for jacuzzi/sauna for 10/15 minutes to get warmed up, back to rinse, off with speedo, back to locker naked.
Get dressed, workout, repeat to end workout.

aldawg

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I observed a sad (to me) situation on a recent cruise. When you entered the locker room there were lockers on the left side with changing benches in front of them and a big towel station on the right side of the room. As you walked towards the shower and toilet area there was a large 2 sink vanity with mirror above on the left just past the lockers. Then the shower/toilet area on the left and then the sauna/steamroom area just past that on the left. The hallway continued on to the gym area. I was in the shower after enjoying time in the steamroom and I heard a lot of yelling and commotion. When I got out of the shower there was a guy about my age, 59, who was obviously very angry and upset. He had left the steamroom and was heading to the showers naked with his towel over his shoulder. There was a younger guy with a couple of his kids. The younger man really lit into the older guy for being naked in the locker room around his boys and called him a pervert. He caused a ridiculous scene. Another man who was in the locker area confirmed that the older gent was doing nothing other than walking to the showers and had not done or said anything to precipitate this outburst.

It is really sad to me that some of the younger generation are so afraid of nudity, especially in a locker room, that they would act like that. If you can't be seen naked in a locker room/shower/ steamroom area without "offending" someone what has the world come to?