Harrison Ford

Harrison Ford Improperly Crosses Runway, Air Traffic Control Pissed

http://flightaware.com/resources/airport/HHR/APD/AIRPORT+DIAGRAM/pdf

Sleepy Hawthorne airport sits just east in the shadow of giant LAX. It was once the home of Jack Northrop's aerospace corporation beginning in WW-II. Through the 1960s Northrop played an important role in the Apollo moon landings and even today it is the home of Elon Musk's Space X. Thanks to Space X it has one of the better airport restaurants and bars--Eureka!-- in Southern California, presently closed during this COVID-19 pandemic.

Because Eureka's bar is closed I can eliminate Tequila shooters as a cause for what I just heard in an ATC recording of actor Harrison Ford. Ford, who will turn 78 this summer, was taxiing his Aviat Husky taildragger at the western edge of the airport when he found himself at taxiway Hotel near the threshold of runway 7. He slowly slurred his position and intent to cross the runway. The Hawthorne controller told him to hold his position due to a "bug-smasher" Cessna 172 practicing touch-and-goes on runway 25. Instead Harrison Ford slurred an acknowledgement and started across. The controller was not a happy camper.

It's going to be interesting what the FAA does. Ford has already had retraining for an incident at SNA where he flew over an American Airlines Boeing 737-800 and landed on a taxiway.

What a looker he was; he still is, but not as much as his youth. Loved him in Working Girl opposite Melanie Griffith.

Harrison Ford is one of those rare actors who appeals to to both gays and straights. I was a senior in high school when Working Girl came-out. I took a date to see it one weekend and marveled at the chemistry between he and actress Melanie Griffith. Why the hell can't they make movies like that anymore?

Reactions: Dark Horse