Has anyone else gone through plantar faccitis? what helped you get rid of it?

Yes I have, please detail your weight, height, bf%, and relevant training history in regards to running and plyometics.

A pm might be faster depending on if I get an alert on responses to my post.

Without knowing anything else;
1) Try changing your shoes for daily wear, or getting new ones.
2) stretch your calves and feet, and strengthen your feet.

Reactions: SprinkleMe69
i had to change my daily wear shoes and that helped. do lots of stretching of calves and feet as well, every day, throughout the day i'm stretching out. especially since i sit for my job a lot.
Someone told me that a shoe with a heel is nice on PF, do you wear heels? Does that help? I have a couple of pair of boots that have a small heel.

Yes I have, please detail your weight, height, bf%, and relevant training history in regards to running and plyometics.

A pm might be faster depending on if I get an alert on responses to my post.

Without knowing anything else;
1) Try changing your shoes for daily wear, or getting new ones.
2) stretch your calves and feet, and strengthen your feet.

I am 5'7" 180 lbs. could probably lose ten pounds. Play basketball three to four times a week the past 3 years (well not since this problem), played football for 15 years.NO plyometrics since high school. I did get some PF insoles for my shoes. Helps with the heel pain, but I can go three weeks with no activity, feet feel really good, play six games of basketball, no pain, no discomfort................when I get home, swollen, sore and aching for about three to four days.

my boots, similar to the height of yours did help ease the pain, but also found having the right arch support was good. I normally wear flats though, since my husband isn't too tall and if i wear my regular heels, I'm taller than he is!

I had shoe inserts from a guy who specialized in orthotics and such. And I did stretches. I think the stretches helped the most.

I also know a guy whose "plantar fasciitis" turned out to be a rare form of very aggressive cancer and he had to have most of his foot amputated to save his life.

my boots, similar to the height of yours did help ease the pain, but also found having the right arch support was good. I normally wear flats though, since my husband isn't too tall and if i wear my regular heels, I'm taller than he is!
Ahh, thank you for the advice. Greatly appreciated!

Wearing low heals will help the pain but when you switch back to flats the problem will be back with a vengence. Stretch the calves, massage the bottoms of your feet starting at the heel and move toward the toes. Get a 20 oz water bottle, fill it 60%, freeze it, and roll it back and forth along the bottom of your feet for 20min 3x per day, also ibuprofen and stiff soled shoes

Wearing low heals will help the pain but when you switch back to flats the problem will be back with a vengence. Stretch the calves, massage the bottoms of your feet starting at the heel and move toward the toes. Get a 20 oz water bottle, fill it 60%, freeze it, and roll it back and forth along the bottom of your feet for 20min 3x per day, also ibuprofen and stiff soled shoes

Thank you buddy!

Pretty common for us b-ball players. best advice I have is stay off of the court and don't wear shoes without some arch support (makes mine stick around longer...)

Pretty common for us b-ball players. best advice I have is stay off of the court and don't wear shoes without some arch support (makes mine stick around longer...)

Damn that sucks....I love playing hoops. But I agree, probably best to stay away for while.

And you could probably stand some couth.

Snarky, he don't know no better. I don't pay too much attention to people with a box as the only form of identification while trolling the internet. Besides, 170 lbs. is a good weight to carry for a 5'7" to 5'8" guy. I have big legs.....and a big but ;P

Reactions: Snarky_succubus
Yes I have had it it hurt like hell but I'm completely better now. First my athletic therapist told me to change my shoes as the ones I was wearing were too heavy and I also got new insoles.

Now I got treatment for free because I'm a varsity athlete at my Uni so I don't know how much this would cost out side but I also got shockwave treatment on the bottom of my feet. The treatment hurts sooooo much but it's quick and helps a lot.

The alternatives to that was getting cortisol injections but I'm glad it didn't come to that shock wave is the best bet if you can get it. I compete and walk and run with out pain right now. And if plantar fasciitis came back shockwave always makes it better.

You would not look like a crack head. 5'7" 160 is pretty good if you are athletic. I'm little over 6 foot and I'm 163. And I certainly do not look like a crackhead

Exactly.

170 is at the high end for a 5' 7" guy. Better to strive for 160.

And, "I have big legs.....and a big but" doesn't cut it. There are a lot of people out there who think they are muscular when in fact they are carrying a lot of fat in those muscles, like well-marbled steak. Except, it's a good thing when it is steak, not so good when it is your body.

And, FWIW, I am 5' 8-1/2" and 167 lbs and I don't look like a crackhead either.

The OP needs to get down to 150'ish just to be nicely within (but still at the high end of) the "normal" BMI range for his height.

http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm

People like to beat on BMI, but it is still the best measure available for everyone other than crazy, super muscular, body builders.