How Do Transgender People Identify Their Sexual Orientations?

Gaymes99

Sexy Member
Media
Prince Frederick (Maryland, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I’m a cisgender man who is homosexual (or gay as many call it) and confused. Well, I'm confused about when transgender people identify as certain sexual orientations.

To clarify, I’ll give an example that’s also a question: if a transgender woman is attracted to men, would she be straight?

Hopefully, you all have answers because I’m going to be ashamed of myself if I’m wrong.

Bittydrew

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
Well I'm a transgendered woman and like guys but also women so I'm bi also but I was always thinking about that to ....if you ask my opinion I would say yes she would be straight then the way I"m looking at it anyway

Reactions: Capitolhillguy

Gaymes99

Sexy Member
Media
Prince Frederick (Maryland, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If a trans woman is attracted solely to men, then yeah, she'd be straight. If a trans man is attracted solely to men, then he'd be straight. Trans or cis, a woman being attracted solely to men is straight and a man being attracted solely to men is gay. Transness doesn't change that.

Thanks for the information. I’ll have to remember that.

Say, did you make a typing error saying a trans man who loves men is straight? I thought the correct word to use is “gay” in that case? If I’m wrong about that, then I’ll be ashamed of myself.

Rockoncoxon

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks for the information. I’ll have to remember that.

Say, did you make a typing error saying a trans man who loves men is straight? I thought the correct word to use is “gay” in that case? If I’m wrong about that, then I’ll be ashamed of myself.
Lmao, oops! That's definitely a typo, my bad. I rearranged my wording and missed that. It appears it's been too long since I made the post for me to edit it. e_e

pretzelslut

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I mean, just ask the person. You wouldn't just assume all men that are attracted to men are strictly gay, right?

Some trans folk are pansexual (like myself). I straddle the gender divide, therefore I have different aspects that determine what attracts me. that sometimes goes beyond genitals

MissThing

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I speak only for myself, but I am a transwoman and I identify as straight because I am exclusively attracted to men. I think conflating how one identifies with one's sexual preference is where people tend to get confused. How we identify on the gender spectrum and who we are attracted to are two completely different things.

pretzelslut

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I speak only for myself, but I am a transwoman and I identify as straight because I am exclusively attracted to men. I think conflating how one identifies with one's sexual preference is where people tend to get confused. How we identify on the gender spectrum and who we are attracted to are two completely different things.
giphy.gif