How does this affect the way you view the world?

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media

Check out the bit at 1:54.

Basically, there are companies whose sole purpose is to make the lives of rich people easier, without the rich even knowing what's going on. Perhaps I'm naive, but that is shocking to me. It's so coddling, but also explains so much about the super wealthy.

What do you guys think of this? How do you think your view of the world and people would change if there was a small army of people working to make sure every moment of your life was wonderful?

PostPhobos

Loved Member
Media
It might explain in part why rich people suffer from such a lack of empathy. If you never have to be aware of the challenges that make your comfort possible, why would you tip a good waiter or host who went above and beyond to fold your towels into bumble bees?

Wealthy people often have an attitude that their indulgence is justified by the sacrifice or cleverness it took to obtain. But they are blind to all their advantage. If hard work and a swift mind was enough to join the billionaire class, I know at least three bartenders who should be in the fortune 500.

Anyone remember this little fuckface?

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
It might explain in part why rich people suffer from such a lack of empathy. If you never have to be aware of the challenges that make your comfort possible, why would you tip a good waiter or host who went above and beyond to fold your towels into bumble bees?

Wealthy people often have an attitude that their indulgence is justified by the sacrifice or cleverness it took to obtain. But they are blind to all their advantage. If hard work and a swift mind was enough to join the billionaire class, I know at least three bartenders who should be in the fortune 500.

Anyone remember this little fuckface?
I remember.

I won't go into detail what I think about any of it because I'll end up getting banned.

That's not a guess. It's a guarantee.

*Just don't go there TnJ*

seventiesdemon

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Mints do not print extra money. Mints will only print so much, based on population. If someone at the top earns more than what they are worth, the rest below suffer for their gain. Much of the time their earnings far outstrip their worth.

Just say someone earns a million a week. There is no way they are able to work 24 hours in the day. So, they hire advisors to advise them. Those advisors wages are a tax write off for the company...and so it goes. But the wealth of those at the top is not distributed to those down the ladder, it's added on because it earns the company extra credit for bums on seats.

Companies set themselves up on a government structure, the more bums on seats, the more the company is able to confine it's income. Take Research and Development., R&D, much, most, nearly all ideas are 'pie in the sky', will never come to fruition or ever will, and the company knows this.

Like Elon Musk, NASA started him off by the government granting him 50% of his start up costs in SpaceX, the 'taxpayer'. Much of what he has done is absolute crap. He has been overtaken by another private company which does the same thing he has done, Origin, they have had more success with return entry vehicles....because from their development, they are actually thinking outside of the square, where as Elon bases his on 50's science fiction...with the help of flippers, which are absolutely useless in thin atmosphere or a loose granular, dusty surface with no flat, concrete or other landing surface......I digress.

AI for companies these days is a huge loop hole and a money hoarding venture for them.....because 99% of what they come up with is just absolute shit. We are all paying for their lies and subterfuge of a system which has not kept up. These companies are only able to do this by employing armies of lawyers and accountants to do this...Unlike Einstein and many others like him who did it because it was a benefit for us all.

There is no allowance given for this in economics. This is why the gap widens, and is extremely difficult to take back because these companies have our so called elected representatives over a barrel, taking them, and the rest of us...most of us, from behind.

Last edited:

purebdsm

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View

Check out the bit at 1:54.

Basically, there are companies whose sole purpose is to make the lives of rich people easier, without the rich even knowing what's going on. Perhaps I'm naive, but that is shocking to me. It's so coddling, but also explains so much about the super wealthy.

What do you guys think of this? How do you think your view of the world and people would change if there was a small army of people working to make sure every moment of your life was wonderful?
Holy shit

I feel some kind of this when recently starting watching The Kardashians to relax. The amount of people that work for them. The beauty/glam team is insane and you just sit there

seventiesdemon

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
They really do live a completely different life than the rest of us.
Do they? There are people out there now who do exactly as they do. Called "Influencers".

The thing is...............we could all do this. All of us, we ll have the same access they do.

Yet, the majority of us live in the real world. Yes, it is depressing to see nobodies making something from nothing.

Yet what do they leave behind? What is their contribution? What can they look back on?

Einstein will always be remembered, Tesla argued with Einstein.....Tesla is not fucking Elon. Elon used Tesla's name.

Einstein and Tesla were on the same level as the guy who invented the paint roller. The guy who invented the paint roller never patented his idea. Go figure :)

Musk and his Ilk, all of science, Hawking, the lot of them, owe their being to Einstein. He will be remembered forever. Yet died with 65,000 in his pocket.

Elon Musk, SpaceX began with 50% investment from NASA..........Taxpayer funded. Then there were the government funded contracts, the NASA tracking of space debris. Just like the recent arrival upon earth of the US and Russian astronauts 14 months after they were meant to return.................................................................................. because their craft was damaged by, guess what? Space Debris...Kessler Event. But hey, did you hear that in the news over the past 14 months they were stuck there? Did you even hear of the collision from space debris that kept them from returning to home? No......why?

.Musk Sticks....:) Musk_sticks_01.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: traianus11

Electric blue

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I sold my business it left me very well off , but I still live in a hundred year old house in a small town in Ks, I change my own oil in my 83 pick up truck . I always treated my employees with the best of care and good wages .company ball games and picnics. Year end bonuses .
I'm no where living like the few who flaunt their wealth to the guy on the street scratching for a living ... I was there once too