I Understand This May Be A Controversial Question

ChanelleNo5

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
To me ur coming across as very transphobic
I don't see how. If you think Lance Armstrong did something wrong by juicing to have a competitive advantage, does that make someone drugphobic? Or just someone who believes in fairness in competition?

If that's how you're gonna take it, that's how you're gonna take it but it isn't the case. I have nothing against trans people, I believe anyone deserves to do whatever the hell they want as long as it doesn't negatively affect others...but unfortunately this does. *shrug*

Reactions: malakos
D

deleted848353

I don't see how. If you think Lance Armstrong did something wrong by juicing to have a competitive advantage, does that make someone drugphobic? Or just someone who believes in fairness in competition?

If that's how you're gonna take it, that's how you're gonna take it but it isn't the case. I have nothing against trans people, I believe anyone deserves to do whatever the hell they want as long as it doesn't negatively affect others...but unfortunately this does. *shrug*
Yet I'm not the only one who thinks the same

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Elite Sports Governing Boards have be tackling the issue of Trans athletes with varied success.

As stands a trans competitor can not suddenly shift from one gender to the other to gain an unfair advantage. Trans competitors must have an established history of identifying as trans. They must be at a certain point of transition. They must maintain a set level of specific hormones for at least 12 months prior to competing. The level of acceptable testosterone levels was just cut in half, I'll look for related article.

Are there some advantages of being assigned male at birth and competing against AFAB women? In the beginning. After years hormone therapy, and years of HRT are required, most body systems level out. I think only lung capacity stays higher in trans women? Muscle mass is lost to transition. Bone mass is lost to transition. Stamina decreases. Not just compared to men, but compared to other women.

There is also a very real stigma faced by Trans athletes. From acceptance to sponsorships, they are disadvantaged. With the societal level of hatred expressed toward Trans people, from bathroom laws to conversion camps being supported by the US VP, there is very little motivation to faux-transition for temporary gain. Even within the sport any records will come with an *Trans attached.

The photo of Rachel McKinnon. The AFAB woman standing next to Rachel has beaten Rachel in 11 out of 13 races. Rachel won that race by fractions of a second.

I totally understand the need to protect womens spaces in sports. Access to the venue was hard fought. Trans women are facing the same battles now. Trans men are also fighting their own battles for acceptance in sports. Transmen are facing issues with contact and team sports. The flip side of Trans women facing back lash in individual sports.

And all that is not even taking into consideration intersex athletes who might be completely unaware of their status until well into their careers. If an AFAB athlete has a natural advantage because of their unique body arrangement are they excluded too?

I get what Chanelle is saying. A 6'5" 350 lb trans-man is going to have a significant advantage over a "normal" sized woman if they're doing powerlifting or something. It wouldn't be apples competing against apples. If there were lots of 6'5" women out there, it wouldn't be much of a concern, but it's not how things are. I don't find her comment transphobic per se but it IS completely off topic for this thread. Can we get back on topic, which is what facilities trans-people should use? I think we agree on that one.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Powerlifting is weight classed. 6'5" Trans women would only compete against women in their height/weight class.

Bathroom access. Yes. A much more pressing issue. Cuz everybody needs to use the bathroom. Not having access to the facilities limits trans folks ability to exist in society. Out all casual, schools, work places.

StormbornKhaleesi

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I really just do not care. As others have said, trans women are women. The only time I have an issue with someone using a public bathroom is when they leave urine, tp, paper towels all over the place. Which has always been a big issue in women's bathrooms anyways :joy:

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Elite Sports Governing Boards have be tackling the issue of Trans athletes with varied success.

As stands a trans competitor can not suddenly shift from one gender to the other to gain an unfair advantage. Trans competitors must have an established history of identifying as trans. They must be at a certain point of transition. They must maintain a set level of specific hormones for at least 12 months prior to competing. The level of acceptable testosterone levels was just cut in half, I'll look for related article.

Are there some advantages of being assigned male at birth and competing against AFAB women? In the beginning. After years hormone therapy, and years of HRT are required, most body systems level out. I think only lung capacity stays higher in trans women? Muscle mass is lost to transition. Bone mass is lost to transition. Stamina decreases. Not just compared to men, but compared to other women.

There is also a very real stigma faced by Trans athletes. From acceptance to sponsorships, they are disadvantaged. With the societal level of hatred expressed toward Trans people, from bathroom laws to conversion camps being supported by the US VP, there is very little motivation to faux-transition for temporary gain. Even within the sport any records will come with an *Trans attached.

The photo of Rachel McKinnon. The AFAB woman standing next to Rachel has beaten Rachel in 11 out of 13 races. Rachel won that race by fractions of a second.

I totally understand the need to protect womens spaces in sports. Access to the venue was hard fought. Trans women are facing the same battles now. Trans men are also fighting their own battles for acceptance in sports. Transmen are facing issues with contact and team sports. The flip side of Trans women facing back lash in individual sports.

And all that is not even taking into consideration intersex athletes who might be completely unaware of their status until well into their careers. If an AFAB athlete has a natural advantage because of their unique body arrangement are they excluded too?
This is one of many reasons I f’n love you ML.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I really just do not care. As others have said, trans women are women. The only time I have an issue with someone using a public bathroom is when they leave urine, tp, paper towels all over the place. Which has always been a big issue in women's bathrooms anyways :joy:
Given that so called studies (undergrads listening in loos?) suggest that women don’t wash their hands at a very high rate, would transwomen socialized as juveniles to male manners leave the bathroom better? The hose spray on urinal issue would be gone.

StormbornKhaleesi

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Given that so called studies (undergrads listening in loos?) suggest that women don’t wash their hands at a very high rate, would transwomen socialized as juveniles to male manners leave the bathroom better? The hose spray on urinal issue would be gone.
I could only hope!

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy

Brianne_24

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
If someone wants to compete, let them compete. If it's too much or too easy for them, they get cut. Simple as that. It should be assessed on an individual basis + weight class instead of via someone's entire gender group. All athletes would be on the same page as far as wanting to compete. If within a year all the top fighters in women's divisions are trans girls, or trans men are getting KO'd left and right in men's leagues, then maybe there's a biological advantage or disadvantage that should be considered and some permanent restrictions could be put in place. If it isn't one sided and things seem level enough, the new rules are put into place. It wouldn't even be a debate anymore. It could get ugly, but at a certain point the controversy would be over and only the truth would remain. This is the only way I could imagine it being resolved.

neutrno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I live in a place where nudity isn't a taboo and most men don't behave like dicks. We can get naked in front of each other and when the ladies toilets are all taken, I just go and use one of the for-men cubicles.

With that in mind, I think we shouldn't need his and hers.

Unfortunately, it's the behavior of many men, gawking, being inappropriate, that pollutes the issue of nudity and common restrooms.

Nowadays, also religious people have a problem, wanting to separate women and men.

So, the problem is avoiding that perverts abuse the system. How?

Death penalty. If a man is seen abusing the system, castration and hanging for him. I'm not confident our next parliament will be voting this law, though.

Reactions: lms28 and MickeyLee