Is this for real?

drrionelli: Perhaps we could visualize it like this:

Let's call the "average" penile length 6 inches, just for the sake of simplicity. Now, let's call the average American male 6 feet tall (again, for the sake of simplicity).

Consider that a penis that is 7.5 inches long is, then, quite above average. After all, how many males do you know who are 7.5 feet tall? ;)

And for those in "double digits" well, you know where that places you! :eek:

norseman: Hey tigerwolf,

I respect your opinion about what constitutes a big penis, and while I would defend to the death (well, maybe that's an exaggeration) your right to your opinion, I should point out that its a minority opinion on this board, based on a lot of past discussion.

I bring this up not be be argumentative (there's no real right answer here, just a consensus), but a lot of visitors curious about where they "fit in" the scale of things might get the wrong impression.

Thanks in advance for considering other points of view.

Norse

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=tigerwolf link=board=meetgreet;num=1069290219;start=0#19 date=11/20/03 at 17:42:42]Dear, 7.5 is HARDLY considered big. Its slightly above average. Simple as that.[/quote]

Well, sure ... in your own little world where 6" is considered a child-sized penis, you can set the standards. In real life, 7.5" is about 2" longer than the average adult length. I suspect titan was concerned with real life. He should steer clear of size queens; that way, he would not be made to feel that a 7.5" cock was inadequate. 7.5" is larger than a lot of people ever encounter.

tigerwolf: It has nothing to do with being in 'my own little world'. Its the real world.

You honestly need to stop flapping off about size queens as well, because we're around a lot more than you think, and I'd rather brace him for the 'real world' as you put it, where many people would NOT feel that its adequate. Just because YOU don't like size queens doesn't give you a right to go around constantly critisizing us and trying to act like our opinion is invalid. I've even gone about being nice about what I've said with a lot of things regarding this topic, but now you're just pissing me off.

Krowax: I'm allowed to dislike size queens.

You are allowed to dislike people who dislike size queens.

Lets live in peace.

And if I were you, I'd stop making points about "facts" that not even are facts. "It's not my world, it is the real world". The two key words are "it is". Should be "it is in my opinion".

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=tigerwolf link=board=meetgreet;num=1069290219;start=20#23 date=11/21/03 at 14:41:21]I'd rather brace him for the 'real world' as you put it, where many people would NOT feel that its adequate. Just because YOU don't like size queens doesn't give you a right to go around constantly critisizing us and trying to act like our opinion is invalid. [/quote]

It's not about ME ... it's about titan. This is a support group. Giving someone the impression that his 'slightly larger than average' cock is likely to be inadequate to a lot of people is hardly supportive. Our purpose is not to feed someone's insecurities, but to let him know that size isn't everything to everyone. And it IS my right to voice my opinion; Mark has made that perfectly clear.

tigerwolf: [quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=meetgreet;num=1069290219;start=20#25 date=11/21/03 at 19:27:51]

It's not about ME ... it's about titan. This is a support group. Giving someone the impression that his 'slightly larger than average' cock is likely to be inadequate to a lot of people is hardly supportive. Our purpose is not to feed someone's insecurities, but to let him know that size isn't everything to everyone. And it IS my right to voice my opinion; Mark has made that perfectly clear.
[/quote]
Yes, you're right. It IS a support group. A support group for people with large penises, as shown by the title of it the 'Large Penis Support Group.'. I'd rather be honest and a little blunt on someone than butter things up and lie. A lot of people ARE like what I described in real life. And if you claim you're allowed to voice your opinion, then I damned well am as well.

7x6andchg: Ah, but tigerwolf, your comparison, while mathematically correct, is not statistically correct.

There is much greater variation in the stature of the average human male than in the size of the penis of the average human male.

The average American male is 5'10" tall. The standard deviation is about 3.5" if I remember correctly...which means that a man who is 6'1.5" is within 1 standard deviation...and a man who is 6'5" is at the outside of that second deviation. With a 95% confidence interval, than means that only 5% of the population is taller than 6'5".

The studies that have been done, admittedly SELF-MEASURED, have borne DMW's assessment out. The average penis is about 5.5-5.7, maybe 6" long. The 95% confidence interval is at about 7.5" long. Five percent of the male population in SELF-MEASURED (again, I point this out because it is prone to some exaggeration) statistical studies is above that.

So your logic is not flawed, just statistically wrong.

70 inches...2 SD is 1/10th of that for height.

5.5 inches...2 SD is about 1/2 of that for penis size.

That said, it has been statistically shown that titan's size is bigger than 95% of the penises measured in NUMEROUS studies.

tigerwolf: Then all of my friends must be completely above the statistics, because the smallest one is 7.5" *shrug* And dick size isn't a prerequisite for friendship with me, just sex. So obviously there's something wrong with the stats, I think.

tigerwolf: And also, 7x6.. would you rather lie to someone and tell them they're large when they're really not? or would you rather be honest and say "While you're not tiny, you're only a bit above average length."

I'd prefer the honest approach with a bit of tact about it than lying and saying "You qualify as one of the big boys already." I'm sorry if I have a sense of integrity and don't approve of bullshitting people.

7x6andchg: I don't believe that telling someone they are statistically larger than 95% of the population is bullshitting them...that, to me, qualifies as large.

It would be akin to if you only knew people over 6'5"...they're ALL tall. Statistically speaking, the two situations are EXACTLY the same.

You must honestly and statistically, be LUCKY to know only 7.5+ More power to you if you do, Tigerwolf.

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Okay, okay, okay ... I'll amend my answer: titan, you're plenty enough big for most people. But if you have your heart set on fucking tigerwolf, you're shit out of luck, dude; he'll just toss you out of bed for being too small. :mad:

tigerwolf: DMW, dude, shove it. Get off your horse and quit thinking you're ALWAYS right and that anyone who's opinion differs from yours is wrong.

And your little attempt at a personal attack both shows how unqualified you are to be in a position of power, as well as your lack of maturity sometimes. This isn't the first time I've seen you behaving like this, also going out of your way to call Humongous a stalker basically in the other thread.. Grow up.

That's all I'm saying in this matter.

HUMONGOUS: [quote author=tigerwolf link=board=meetgreet;num=1069290219;start=20#32 date=11/21/03 at 20:22:51]DMW, dude, shove it. Get off your horse and quit thinking you're ALWAYS right and that anyone who's opinion differs from yours is wrong.

And your little attempt at a personal attack both shows how unqualified you are to be in a position of power, as well as your lack of maturity sometimes. This isn't the first time I've seen you behaving like this, also going out of your way to call Humongous a stalker basically in the other thread.. Grow up.

That's all I'm saying in this matter.  
[/quote]
A POSITION OF POWER???? DMW is a volunteer moderator for a support group. he has no power. he may have the illusion of power. while i do not see his comments as attacks and a lack of maturity, i do view them as "part of the flaming" subculture that is pervasive in the homosexual lifetsyle. it is a way of trying to be witty, seen, and heard. a lot of what he says has no substance and does not merit a response. flame on DMW :D ;D :-[ :p ::)

gigantikok: [quote author=tigerwolf link=board=meetgreet;num=1069290219;start=20#29 date=11/21/03 at 19:57:53]And also, 7x6.. would you rather lie to someone and tell them they're large when they're really not? or would you rather be honest and say "While you're not tiny, you're only a bit above average length."

I'd prefer the honest approach with a bit of tact about it than lying and saying "You qualify as one of the big boys already." I'm sorry if I have a sense of integrity and don't approve of bullshitting people.[/quote]
You state every opinion you have as a fact, and that is where you aren't being fair.  I like size queens because I have a big penis and I like it when someone appriciates it.  People aren't ganging up on you because you are a size queen, people are disagreeing with the fact that you are stating all your opinions as facts.  With this kind of,"Because I believe it and my circle of friends believes it, then it must mean EVERYONE believes it" mentality.  That just isn't true.  FOR YOU, a 7.5 is not big.  Ok, fair enough.  For many other women though, 7.5 is plenty big enough.  I don't think it is right for you to tell titan he is small, and I don't think it is right for DMW to tell him he is "one of the big boys".  I think what titan needs to know is that sex will differ with each individual partner he has.  A few will think it isn't big, and others will think it is big.  Putting statistics aside, everyone has different perceptions and different opinions.  I think it is wrong to make an assumption that everyone who disagrees with you is "wrong" or full of bullshit.

And please, lay off of DMW. He's done a lot for this group, and I personally like him. I don't like to see other people attacking him because he is expressing his opinion and TRYING to be fair and just. He's only trying to help titan out, it was others with this kinda "I MUST BE RIGHT, WHAT I SAY IS UNDISPUTABLE FACT, I MUST HAVE THE LAST WORD AT ALL COSTS" mentality that is creating the conflict.

I think everyone just needs to take some ecstasy and hug. :D

Just kidding, of course... ;)

tigerwolf: I never said he's small. I said slightly above average, which is statistically true. But thank you for your unbiased outlook. And thanks for supporting your local sizequeen. ;)

Although contrary to what you said, I haven't seen dmw do anything other than critisize people who like big dicks on here, and bitch about things. I'll lay off him when he stops being such a pompous jackass.

Krowax: Liking a body part and using a body part as a preference for how the entire person is like is quite different. People, women, men, who only try to find partners for one thing only, should expect criticism, because the methods they're is using is quite cruel. And that just because a person lacks in the certain area they weigh so much importance on, the person is less of a person. I just feel sorry for people who think like that.

Eeehhh.. pardon the bad english, I think I translated that directly from swedish.

blo1988: Two opinions:
1) Attraction to large cocks is not different than attraction to blondes, dark skinned guys, etc. I think that it is a SUBSTANTIAL disadvantage when it becomes the sole discriminator for selecting an intimate relationship, because so few people of genuine merit as "spouse material" will pass through that filter. It may be satisfying as a criterion for a "throw away" fuck buddy, but will likely be a real obstacle if you are looking for someone that you can 'take home to mom" and discard everyone who fails the dick test. If the rest of the package is great, then it seems to me that the size of the package doesn't amount to much.......but if fixation on dick size is crucial for you just be realistic about what you are risking.
2) The threads increasingly sound like teenagers arguing on Jerry Springer outtakes. They spiral downward in a destructive path, proving that people can be so obsessed with their own perspective that they will pass no opportunity to insult someone else and humiliate themselves in the process.
Come on guys, don't we have enough of this garbage already? Why contribute to it?