Island Spa - Edison NJ - Renovation Update

al1011

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I am a regular at Island Spa and wanted to check it out during their soft opening..

I went to Island last weekend and walked around. It’s discounted until 9/18. I took a peak at Sauna in wet area. Looked like they made the seating 2 levels. The steam I couldn’t see in. Otherwise I didn’t see any noticeable changes yet. They did tell me they were going to fix the steam machine as it was constantly shooting steam when temperature already reached the max setting.

Jets on left pool was working . The bubble or center jet in the middle pool was working again. Overall all pools seemed functional and temperatures were correct prior the temps were way off.

Shower stalls some still have soap/shampoo on ground they didn’t have wall mounted on a few.

Juice Bar is covered in plastic. Looks bigger.

They say on website checkin is faster, I didn’t see any difference waited a while. They now do not keep your drivers license in a bin. They scan it and keep it on file, not sure how I like that. I think next visit their plan is to ask for your cell number to pull up your account in the system. They did ask me if it was all right, curious if I said no what they would’ve done.

Confused why they closed for 2 weeks. I didn’t see anything that would take 2 weeks..

They did mention they plan to offer more spa services, curious what that will be like.

Overall facility still to me is one of the cleanest compared to King Spa. They are constantly cleaning floor and surfaces.

Based on my 3 hr stay I would advise wait until everything opens. The pools were packed and not much to do really without sauna and steam access.

Save your $30 and buy. King Spa pass on their website for $39 and get sauna and steam etc .. then after 9/18 come back to island to check it out for yourself. Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 8.59.24 AM.png

al1011

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Thanks for the update. Did they say when the sauna/steam room will open?

They are opening by the 18th of September. They have both covered up with a screen so i guess workers can work while open. I should've peaked into the steam area to see what is going on. I hope they lower the temp a little when they do re-open prior to renovation it was brutal like people who are regulars who used to hang in there for 5+ minutes now in and out in under 3.

dudeguy08

Experimental Member
Media
Is Island Spa fully open now? Do they close the steam room early like they do at King Spa in Palisades Park? How busy is it after 5pm on weekends?

Venuslove2010

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Went to Island Spa in Edison today and My God was it fun! I went from 10am-3pm and the crowd was great. A very diverse group. The steam room and hot sauna in the men’s area are definitely updated. The layout of both is different and the steam room actually works. Men were ready to play and jerk in the steam room. overall a lot of fun and a lot of adventures men .

PaulisinIL

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Went to Island Spa in Edison today and My God was it fun! I went from 10am-3pm and the crowd was great. A very diverse group. The steam room and hot sauna in the men’s area are definitely updated. The layout of both is different and the steam room actually works. Men were ready to play and jerk in the steam room. overall a lot of fun and a lot of adventures men .
That is so great to hear. Is the steamroom set up different and more private now? Still two levels for seating?

Reactions: Venuslove2010

Venuslove2010

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
That is so great to hear. Is the steamroom set up different and more private now? Still two levels for seating?
Steam room still gets very hot. The window is very covered by steam. Only one row of seating. The steam does make it hard to see from the outside but when 6/7 men go in you know it’s about to be a good time.

Reactions: PaulisinIL