It's not often I have a mans hand envelope my own...

seventiesdemon

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Now and then, cause my hand is larger than most.....but when a hand grips mine, fingers envelope my palm in a strong grip shaking hands, I think.

What do women think when they grip a mans hand that would be two of theirs? :)

Yeah...yadda, yadda yadda...........:) May the hand be with you Luke...or some such...

Ok, running out of steam now, late on this side of the globe...stay awake to chat to you over there, don't think you do the same for us here.

Reactions: Candyapplecurvybae

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I spent most of the last 20 years working with contractors, carpenters and masons. Their hands are not only large but very rough! Like 20 grit sandpaper!

I have developed a pretty sturdy grip over time because I want them to feel a handshake.

So, I'm used to being swallowed up by this huge mitt and getting a palm exfoliation, but he's going to get a handshake!

D

deleted1021609

I spent most of the last 20 years working with contractors, carpenters and masons. Their hands are not only large but very rough! Like 20 grit sandpaper!

I have developed a pretty sturdy grip over time because I want them to feel a handshake.

So, I'm used to being swallowed up by this huge mitt and getting a palm exfoliation, but he's going to get a handshake!
Respect

Reactions: Fredneck1951

seventiesdemon

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I’m usually surprised when our hands are close in size.

Yes, that's something my Dad taught us growing up, firm handshake. Nothing worse than shaking someones hand where their grip is like you are holding a dead fish.

Reactions: Fredneck1951

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
My hands are literally as big or bigger than most men I know. My guy? His hands are thicker than mine, but when palm to palm that's the only difference in size.

I'm a large person. Proportional so most people don't notice until I shake their hand. Nothing about me is petite.

I've unintentionally emasculated several men just by having hands/feet bigger than theirs. Which is kinda stupid imo, I'm not less feminine because I don't have small features. A lot of men seem to define their masculinity by things like that. It makes me have the thought,"we're not as evolved as we think we are, we're just complicated apes".

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Yes, that's something my Dad taught us growing up, firm handshake. Nothing worse than shaking someones hand where their grip is like you are holding a dead fish.
My papa taught me the same.

A firm handshake both gives and demands respect.

I hate it when people try to do that dainty finger grab thing like they're about to kiss the top of your hand or some shit. I'm a human being, don't treat me like a porcelain doll for fucks sake. I correct the mistake for them by positioning my hand in a way that forces them to actually shake my hand.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
From an Indigenous cultural perspective (at least where I live and in my experience), the firm handshake is seen as intrusive. Handshakes are very soft. It’s a gentle acknowledgment of two people meeting.

I don’t know how widespread that practice is or if other cultural groups are the same. I just think it’s important to take into account differences around the world, or even just in our own countries.

seventiesdemon

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
From an Indigenous cultural perspective (at least where I live and in my experience), the firm handshake is seen as intrusive. Handshakes are very soft. It’s a gentle acknowledgment of two people meeting.

I don’t know how widespread that practice is or if other cultural groups are the same. I just think it’s important to take into account differences around the world, or even just in our own countries.
Some cultures rub noses...........not sure how that would go down in a virus situation :)...

Last edited:

seventiesdemon

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Handshakes are so 2019. I employ the elbow-bump now. I’m serious.
That's so 2021..........fist crunching is the thing..........I just make sure I'm wearing my Phantom ring when I do it.......... 4870379-skullring.jpg

Last edited:

Oldcowboy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Exactly. With First Nations, I shake like a human being. But some of them shake like a white man.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If I know you, and you know me enough to open the hug door, I am gonna glomp on ya like a co-dependant koala bear.

My idea of a firm hand shake is not pythoning the phalanges into submission...it's like literally holding their hand. If their arm suddenly popped off at the elbow ya got it covered keeping their hand out of the dirt wise. Reattachment is a whole other issue.

My handshake says "Hey, nice to me you. Everything sucks, I understand, maybe we can mitigate the suck for a bit. Also do you like SPN?"

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
In all honesty I avoid contact with people in social situations. I prefer not to shake hands, hug, any of that.

A person has to really matter to me on a personal level for me to seek out a physical hello of any kind. They are rare, but they do exist.. and they know who they are. :heart: