Lance Armstrong

cockallday

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
haha wow you're an idiot they can't just claim this now then french are just butthurt he kicked their ass for so long

zephyr808

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Lance seems to have handled these accusations poorly from the get go, in my opinion. He comes across as a very arrogant prick who threatened lawsuits on anyone who didn't kiss his ass. I believe he probably took some things he shouldn't have, just like almost all the cyclists from the recent past. Can I prove it? No, but I know what I believe.

An interesting opinion piece in the L.A Times the other day - link here

And couldn't resist this, I wouldn't call myself a fan of Lance's but he looks pretty good from this angle :wink:

Attachments

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Frodo46888

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I haven't read everything on the subject, but I haven't seen conclusive proof that he doped illegally. I'm always skeptical of the accusations from someone who came in second place. I hate to see someone's achievements erased, but I suppose Lance Armstrong was more likely deserving of that punishment than a whole series of Penn State football teams. ;-)

I think its very very sad. Never like to see this kind of thing happen to people. Appart from anything else, this black mark on his reputation will probably have a very bad effect on all the good work he does through livestrong
This - it's horrible when things fall apart for people, even if they allegedly deserve it. :redface:

edonline

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I still can't understand how a US agency (USADA - United States Anti-Doping Agency) can strip away an international title such as the Tour de France. Talk about over-reaching...

He went through a very tough time and still got back on a bike. That deserves a medal in itself. The tour is overated. When the public are able to toss tacks on the road to prevent competitors from challenging it becomes laughable.. I think a lot of European sporting bodies need to be investigated from the top down. Anyway...not a good week for people named Armstrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

100 miles in a day is hard. Let alone a Tour. I can't imagine completing one as the fastest. Let alone 7. Its quite a feat. Whatever really happened during those race the time to bring charges has passed. Why let this cast a shadow over those who are racing today? Why let Lance detract from Contador and the like?

Boris_Kolitya

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I guess now people know that he was doping in many different ways. Of course there is one more issue left. Outside of cycling, who in Hell really cares about it? At least Lance Armstrong got people interested in watching it for a while.